The Criterion Collection

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
c0bbz
Art Expert
Posts: 2980
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Kitty, I've been there... but it's worth it. The ones in that list I've seen are all fantastic.

I picked up the following:

Tess
King of the Hill
Jules and Jim
The Long Day Closes
Marketa Lazarova
Kagemusha
Image ISO FILM NOIR Image
User avatar
omgkitty
Art Expert
Posts: 6067
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 3:10 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:22 pm

c0bbz wrote:Kitty, I've been there... but it's worth it. The ones in that list I've seen are all fantastic.

I picked up the following:

Tess
King of the Hill
Jules and Jim
The Long Day Closes
Marketa Lazarova
Kagemusha
Thought about getting Marketa Lazarova, but realized I was pushing the limit on spending, and it was literally the only one I removed from my cart before checking out :lol: DAT $20 OVERSPEND It's also on Hulu, so I can watch it there at some point.
User avatar
c0bbz
Art Expert
Posts: 2980
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:23 pm

The majority of them are on Hulu... just not the same, both in terms of extras and quality.
Image ISO FILM NOIR Image
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15991
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:43 pm

went a little overboard and got

The Game
Harold & maude
La cage aux Folles
Dazed & Confused
Eating Raoul
Broadcast News
Heavens gate
Rosemary's Baby
Quadrophenia
Being John Malkovich
The Game
Thief
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
omgkitty
Art Expert
Posts: 6067
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 3:10 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:49 pm

jlabbate wrote:went a little overboard and got

The Game
Harold & maude
La cage aux Folles
Dazed & Confused
Eating Raoul
Broadcast News
Heavens gate
Rosemary's Baby
Quadrophenia
Being John Malkovich
The Game
Thief
Just had to go and one up on me huh???
User avatar
glenn1
Art Expert
Posts: 1704
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Thanks for the heads up guys. I did not go to the extremes as others here;

Foreign Correspondent
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Mystery Train
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15991
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:08 pm

omgkitty wrote:
jlabbate wrote:went a little overboard and got

The Game
Harold & maude
La cage aux Folles
Dazed & Confused
Eating Raoul
Broadcast News
Heavens gate
Rosemary's Baby
Quadrophenia
Being John Malkovich
The Game
Thief
Just had to go and one up on me huh???
sorry Kitty..not all of them are for me..bought a few as gifts for friends/family
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
dskdaniel
Art Expert
Posts: 3512
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 pm
Location: Hollywood

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:09 pm

God damn. They waited just long enough to announce this sale that I already got everything from Amazon.

Lol. Good timing to go offline for maintenance criterion.com. Right in the middle of your flash sale? Hmmm....
Last edited by dskdaniel on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
Posts: 14697
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:10 pm

glenn1 wrote:Thanks for the heads up guys. I did not go to the extremes as others here;

Foreign Correspondent
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Mystery Train
Great choices across the board. Can't go wrong with Hitchcock, Anderson, Jarmusch.
Image
User avatar
omgkitty
Art Expert
Posts: 6067
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 3:10 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:12 pm

jlabbate wrote:
omgkitty wrote:
jlabbate wrote:went a little overboard and got

The Game
Harold & maude
La cage aux Folles
Dazed & Confused
Eating Raoul
Broadcast News
Heavens gate
Rosemary's Baby
Quadrophenia
Being John Malkovich
The Game
Thief
Just had to go and one up on me huh???
sorry Kitty..not all of them are for me..bought a few as gifts for friends/family
:lol: Just giving you crap.
mafurman
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 673
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:49 pm

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Excited to pick these up, but it was hard keeping Rififi and Thief off the list. Aaaaahhhh, so many others too.

Fantastic Mr. Fox
Throne of Blood
Tess
Things to Come
Jules and Jim
Blue is the Warmest Color
User avatar
Darkknight37
Art Expert
Posts: 7826
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:23 pm

Got these:

Fantastic Mr. Fox
Anatomy of a Murder
Dazed and Confused
Thief

Wanted to pick up The Third Man as I've never seen it, but didn't realize it was out of print :(
mafurman
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 673
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:49 pm

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:42 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:Got these:

Fantastic Mr. Fox
Anatomy of a Murder
Dazed and Confused
Thief

Wanted to pick up The Third Man as I've never seen it, but didn't realize it was out of print :(
The Third Man is incredibly great. I hope you get a chance to see it soon. Unfortunately, the blu-ray will set you back about $100, but there are other editions available.

Have you seen Thief or was it a blind buy? I haven't seen it, but it sounds terrific.
User avatar
Jobiwan24
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:24 am

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:54 pm

Woot.

I got:

Thief
Brazil
Seconds
The Game
dylansdad wrote:
I don't need it all. I just need the next one. Then I'll stop.
User avatar
Jobiwan24
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:24 am

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:Got these:

Fantastic Mr. Fox
Anatomy of a Murder
Dazed and Confused
Thief

Wanted to pick up The Third Man as I've never seen it, but didn't realize it was out of print :(
I got to see this for the 1st time a few years ago in London at a secret cinema. What an incredible intro to that film. SO cool. I wish they would start doing this in the states.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiaoU75wG7A
dylansdad wrote:
I don't need it all. I just need the next one. Then I'll stop.
Post Reply