My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:11 pm

The rumors are true. He's back, well, at least in a non-wrestling, commentary show type.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:44 pm

As usual, NXT wins the weekend in terms of TakeOver vs PPV.

And why did they give Nakamura a new (unnecessary) and ugly new IC title? A way to distance themselves even further from Cody since he was the one who pushed for the retro title to be brought back?
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:07 am

That was the best looking belt they had IMO.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:49 pm

Anybody else tired of the Rusev/Lana/Bobby Lashley storyline yet? Man that's painful for me to watch but for some reason, the "YouTube numbers" seem to be good so Vince keeps pushing it.

Also, anyone else also tired of the 24/7 title yet? It's run it's course. Never seen so many title changes with just a stupid, simple roll-up. Get creative guys! One of the things I loved about the old Hardcore title was not only the unpredictability of where a title change took place, but also the fights themselves (not just continuous roll-ups).

Also, heard John Morrison signed with WWE. Hasn't been in WWE since 2011 and I'm kinda meh on his signing. He'll more than likely be buried in the midcard somewhere or just jobbing to the next generation of stars they're trying to push (unless they start him off at NXT)?
chaeldub
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Reported today: Samoa Joe is going to stay on commentary as Dio Madden is going to restart his in-ring career
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:15 pm

god RAW has been awful the last 3 weeks. I have basically watched them all on fast forward. The TLC ppv was a complete fudge show after the Black/Murphy bout. Working off the top turnbuckle and ladders are terrible for the same reason. The spots look great when they happen, but getting everyone in position takes too long and breaks the flow. Especially when someones timing is off and the other person has to spend 50 seconds to climb 12 rungs on a ladder. Enjoying NXT and AEW way more these days.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:59 am

Raw was pre-taped next week so just read about it online and don't bother watching... another stinker.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:45 am

Finally got a chance to catch up on the Wed shows. You remember the end of Bad Boys when Will Smith told Martin Lawrence “Now THATS the way you drive!” That is how I feel about NXT this week. That Ripley/Baisler match was one of the best matches I have seen this year. Men’s or woman’s.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:50 am

Holy fudge. Heyman had that crowd in the palm of his hand. That was hilarious
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:45 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:50 am
Holy fudge. Heyman had that crowd in the palm of his hand. That was hilarious
That was awesome and I even enjoyed the random R Truth spot. My highlight of Raw though was Buddy Murphy. I was pissed/confused when he lost again to Aleister Black, but when they came back from commercial and he was just still sitting there against the barricade, I thought that was kind of cool. The longer he sat, the more interested I was and I love that he joined Rollins and I love that he's getting put in big spots. The way they told this part of that story is so simple, but just doesn't seem to be done in wrestling.

Overall, I've been pretty pleased with Raw the past few weeks. NXT is always amazing. AEW is good, but I'm starting to get bored. It's not really doing all that much for me right now, but I'll keep watching. Smackdown is on the bottom of my list.
kurtinho45
New User

Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:40 am

Been a wrestling fan my whole life. (80's, 90's, 00's, 10's). The best stuff goin right now is usually found in WWE's "developmental" brand called NXT.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:39 pm

kurtinho45 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:40 am
Been a wrestling fan my whole life. (80's, 90's, 00's, 10's). The best stuff goin right now is usually found in WWE's "developmental" brand called NXT.
Welcome to this little corner of the interwebz! I hope you stick around as this thread has started to get to the point that it is 2-3 of us talking to each other.

God I love me some Rhea Ripley. I have been pleased with the direction of Raw, NXT, and AEW, but god that dumpster fire of a show Smackdown is terrible. I am guessing one reason Raw has been good is that Heyman has a bit more freedom right now with Vince's attention on the XFL.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:28 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:39 pm
I am guessing one reason Raw has been good is that Heyman has a bit more freedom right now with Vince's attention on the XFL.
I wouldn't go so far as that. While Raw is the A show, NXT is probably WWE's best product right now IMO. And I've been sick and tired of the stupid, mindless, boring storyline that is Lana/Bobby Lashley. But because the YouTube numbers are "good" the next day, they continue with this trainwreck. The worst part about Raw currently. Heyman's always been entertaining as hell! He's been one of the top mic guys in the history of the industry for a while now. Can never get enough Paul Heyman. The card for Royal Rumble is actually shaping up to be pretty solid (at least on paper). Let's see how the execution goes. And really, no NXT TakeOver but a freaking Worlds Collide!? :evil:
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:43 pm

Anyone gonna watch DDP’s last March on AEW tonight ?
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:55 pm

Not live but I’ll watch both shows tomorrow.