Nosferatu 12 Cox Release Discussion 09/12/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
changethethought
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:53 pm

No there is now a combined and flat shipping rate of 25 US dollars for international orders. That was corrected. And the 15 dollar shipping rate in the U.S. is for about 12-13 dollars per tube via USPS priority with tracking along with an extra dollar for the tubes themselves which cost nearly 1.65 per tube. So it's about right. I don't have a bulk shipping deal like a large store or distributor.

Shipping a large and heavy tube overseas is really expensive if you don't have a bulk deal with USPS. I'll ship two posters to a tube to avoid damaging the prints. All prints come rolled with Kraft paper backing and acid free crinkle paper protecting the image.

If you order two prints and the shipping does not subtract the extra amount properly (because it hasn't been working right so far) all you need to do is shoot me an email and I will refund that balance immediately. I've already done it twice this morning.

And of course if you have any issue or you want to discuss a reduction in shipping price just contact me. If it turns out to be less than what I have listed I will refund the balance to you right after it ships.

I aim to please.
omyweenis
Art Expert

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:45 pm

downtown wrote:
dearmrecho wrote:
downtown wrote:
SerpentSociety wrote:I am really surprised that there does not seem to be more interest in this piece.
Perhaps because it's fan art and the artist has taken an extra step into the ethical gray zone by adding the title and credits ?
I don't think there is a grey area with this particular title as it's in the public domain - anyone can do anything they like with it!
Ok, well there must be another reason why there is so little interest in this piece.
Let get real. If this said Mondo it would of sold out in a heart beat. This is a kick ass image. Seems to me some members are mistaking kindness for weakness. Price drop is a plus but adding to many comments, too much. I really wish you good luck with this. I'm gonna try and hand this baby up cause I love the image.
samdwich
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Well all the things that was putting me down are now gone ill process both prints right away also my brother seems hell process the order too

thanks!
fantasticmrpapa
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:44 pm

I don't think there is a grey area with this particular title as it's in the public domain - anyone can do anything they like with it![/quote]
Ok, well there must be another reason why there is so little interest in this piece.[/quote]
Let get real. If this said Mondo it would of sold out in a heart beat. This is a kick ass image. Seems to me some members are mistaking kindness for weakness. Price drop is a plus but adding to many comments, too much. I really wish you good luck with this. I'm gonna try and hand this baby up cause I love the image.[/quote]

Agree w/omy, price drop should be seen as a gesture and appreciated, it also helps get new artists out there
and working and it's no sorry image that's dropped in price due to quality, there's effort and skill involved in this
one and glad to see any new artists doing their own thing and having stuff printed for them on their own.
Best of luck with release changethethought!
changethethought
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Thanks for the nice words. Man I wish this would have sold out. Someone locked up the sale yesterday by cartjacking all of the prints and a lot of people thought they had sold out. I don't know if someone did that deliberately to put people off the sale or not but it definitely hurt the sale.

I just wanted to put something out that was on par with a Mondo release but do it independently. I used the same printing company and worked hard on the layout and illustration and I intend to do it again after this release.
fantasticmrpapa
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:16 am

changethethought wrote:Thanks for the nice words. Man I wish this would have sold out. Someone locked up the sale yesterday by cartjacking all of the prints and a lot of people thought they had sold out. I don't know if someone did that deliberately to put people off the sale or not but it definitely hurt the sale.

I just wanted to put something out that was on par with a Mondo release but do it independently. I used the same printing company and worked hard on the layout and illustration and I intend to do it again after this release.
Go for it, don't let anything stop you. With some time sure you can find a diff carting system or work some other way to handle the processing and fulfillment.
The art's the difficult part and you've handled that nicely, look forward to seeing what else you'l be releasing and hopefully others here will too.
Good luck!
changethethought
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:57 am

Thanks for the words of support. I'm gonna give her all she's got.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:01 am

Buy this man's prints! Can't wait to see the variant I ordered.
changethethought
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:57 am

Prints should start shipping next week. I'll be sending emails as they go out. Packing this weekend. Expect a few surprise bonuses with some of the prints. Not all. But some.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:47 am

changethethought wrote:Prints should start shipping next week. I'll be sending emails as they go out. Packing this weekend. Expect a few surprise bonuses with some of the prints. Not all. But some.
Awesome... 8)
deestar
Art Expert

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:30 am

Awesome news. i am really looking forward to getting my archival gloved hands of these bad boys.
changethethought
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Shipped about 30 variants out today. Will try and get a few regs out tomorrow. International orders will ship next week. It was 40 dollars to ship to England straight out of Paypal so I need to go in and see if the USPS has a better deal on international than that because that's whacked. That's why I did t want to ship internationally originally.
jes9582
Art Enthusiast

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:02 pm

I got both the standard and variant editions in last week and boy do they look wonderful... The GID sticks out really well in my man cave... :) Chris, great job man and I really do hope that you are able to continue this series in the future! Anyone on the fence for these pieces should jump on it right away, the detail is breathtaking for both editions...
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:19 pm

changethethought wrote:Shipped about 30 variants out today. Will try and get a few regs out tomorrow. International orders will ship next week. It was 40 dollars to ship to England straight out of Paypal so I need to go in and see if the USPS has a better deal on international than that because that's whacked. That's why I did t want to ship internationally originally.
You can just make the label (USPS Shipping Assistant) for First Class then manually pay for it at the post (USPS). PayPal shipping only lets you do Priority or other expensive options.
New Flesh - Web | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram