Pearl Jam Copenhagen 12 Maxx242/McFarlane Release Discussion

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
nevadinova
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:59 pm

kushmeja wrote:Received my print from McFarlane Saturday, only to open it and see that these idiots have no idea how to properly ship a poster and it arrived with a good bit of creasing at the bottom because they can't roll a poster. At least it's not overly visible and won't be too obvious when it's framed, but come on? $125 + high shipping for a damaged print sucks balls!!!
PLEASE email them. They need to know that they royally messed this up. I had a pretty lengthy exchange, and while they were "sorry to hear about the condition my poster arrived in", they would take ZERO responsibility for their awful, awful shipping. I will never order anything from them again.
isunktheship
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:21 pm

snowrider04 wrote:
IMG_2048.jpg
That'll buff right out
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
dmb8506
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Here is everyone that posted on EB about damaged prints from The Todd McFarlane. This doesn't include the lucky few who came out unscathed, or those over on the 10C that dont post here! Good luck on getting refunds/replacements. I did not include pics because it makes me :cry:
maddog76 wrote:Well they drymountin gorilla hands'd mine. tiny creases at bottom.
nevadinova wrote:Print is crease, bent, ripped...you name it. How do they think the can sell a print for $125 + shipping and not have a drymounting clue on how to ship it properly. drymount this.
snowrider04 wrote:So pissed that Spawn would treat art this way, especially for that price. Forgetting about UPS smashing the tube, the packing job was awful, not enough paper around the print, not taped in the tube, and the caps weren't taped either.
JohnnyUtah wrote:BRUTAL. You can see the damage of the border on what I believe is the lower left, haven't gotten the balls to pull it out yet.
aky90be wrote:Super roll bends with a nice crease ta boot
ugh
5vs1 wrote:you can see a couple of small creases on the back of my print.
Last edited by dmb8506 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veltri
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:29 pm

I didn't order a poster but sent them an e-mail about what's being said here. Maybe they'll listen to people who they didn't get money from yet. :roll:
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
johnyatari
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Did anyone get a mint one from McFarlane? To add insult to injury, I was reading on the 10C forems that overseas people were also getting charged $60 for import fees from UPS....what an epic fail!
aussie357

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Same boat............
This is what I received from McFarlane when I emailed them about my damaged poster.

"Thank you for the email and we, sincerely, apologize that the posters did not arrive in mint condition for you.
Unfortunately, we only had 100 posters (autographed) available and their are no replacements available.
We have received similar reports from several customers who purchased this poster and we feel badly that better precautions were not taken to ensure safe delivery of the merchandise.
If you decide not to keep your posters please let us know as we can issue a UPS call tag and have you return them free of charge for a full refund.
McFarlane Toys online store customer service"

I don't want to return my poster, but the damage won't frame out. Everyone REALLY wanted their posters, and paid a PREMIUM for them.
Mcfarlane should man up, run another 100 posters, sign and number them himself, send them to Maxx242 for signing, and replace everyone's purchases as a good business gesture.
Pretty sad situation for arguably the best PJ poster of the year so far.
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:18 pm

johnyatari wrote:Did anyone get a mint one from McFarlane? To add insult to injury, I was reading on the 10C forems that overseas people were also getting charged $60 for import fees from UPS....what an epic fail!
Yeah, mine was mint but the way they packed it, it was so difficult to get out that it nearly got wrecked in the process. That's crazy that some peeps overseas had to pay an extra $60 for crushed prints. I think McFarlane ought to do what aussie357 suggested and redo a bunch; considering he's the guy who spent $2 mil on a baseball, I'm pretty sure he can afford it.
wpgposters

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:24 pm

i had to pay 51 dollar import fee to Canada.so 125 poster , 25 shipping ,51 import fee.........200 plus dollars
then i open the the tube to find a creased and wrinkled mess.
HopeThatUChoke
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:11 pm

Add me to the list of damaged prints. They paper wasn't long enough so the poster was pressing up against the tube. The bottom left corner is dinged up. Looks like I got off lucky compared to many here. Hopefully it frames out.
aussie357

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:34 am

aussie357 wrote:Same boat............
This is what I received from McFarlane when I emailed them about my damaged poster.

"Thank you for the email and we, sincerely, apologize that the posters did not arrive in mint condition for you.
Unfortunately, we only had 100 posters (autographed) available and their are no replacements available.
We have received similar reports from several customers who purchased this poster and we feel badly that better precautions were not taken to ensure safe delivery of the merchandise.
If you decide not to keep your posters please let us know as we can issue a UPS call tag and have you return them free of charge for a full refund.
McFarlane Toys online store customer service"

I don't want to return my poster, but the damage won't frame out. Everyone REALLY wanted their posters, and paid a PREMIUM for them.
Mcfarlane should man up, run another 100 posters, sign and number them himself, send them to Maxx242 for signing, and replace everyone's purchases as a good business gesture.
Pretty sad situation for arguably the best PJ poster of the year so far.

Just sent this to McFarlane in response. A little pointed, but we'll see if it garners a response.

"Thanks so much for your reply!
I can't say that I'm not disappointed. No one wants to give these amazing prints back for a refund - I thought you may have considered a re-run or other options to help us die hard fans out. I know I was not the only one who took the day off work and lost money to attempt to purchase this print. Surely at $125 each you could re-print another 100 and ship to Maxx for autographs and re-send to purchasers and still not lose a dime. $12,500 plus shipping buys A LOT more than 100 pieces of stock, some ink and a little more shipping...............
Actions far outweigh "feeling badly".
I still remain a fan and will continue to purchase your items, but your lack of creative solutions on this blunder is extremely disappointing - not just to myself.
Best regards."

To be continued............ :wink:
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:37 am

nice effort, but they don't give a fudge.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
aussie357

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:45 am

sidewaysscott wrote:nice effort, but they don't give a fudge.
Very true, but I feel a little better for it :P
5vs1

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:46 am

Below in bold is what I just sent to McFarlane. I quick question to everyone: Do you think McFarlane knows about this issue? I mean if we are sending this messages to the persons responsible for the damage, what makes us think that McFarlane knows about the massive amount of people who are unhappy with his product? We need to make sure McFarlane himself knows that this isn't just a few people===It is a lot people. I hope something will be done about this, but in the end, nothing will likely be done. A refund isn't an option when it comes to art or Pearl Jam. I spent hours refreshing his website because I wanted his print.

I received my Pearl Jam Copenhagen print and am very disappointed in its condition upon arrival. The tube arrived in perfect condition, so this is not the fault of UPS or any issue in transit.

The problem occurred with the person who rolled the print to put it into the tube. There are multiple creases on the back, a dinged corner, and serious edge creasing on the top of the print.

I paid a nice premium for this poster because I love and appreciate both Pearl Jam, and the work of McFarlane. However, I am deeply saddened that there wasn't that same amount of appreciation shown for me, the consumer.

I have been in contact with other people who have contacted you about the same issues with this print. They have sent me your responses, and to be honest, your responses haven't been good enough. I don't want a refund, I want this print. However, I want this print as it was intended to be treated---AS A WORK OF ART.

If Todd hasn't been informed about the massive amount of people who are displeased with this issue, then he needs to be. If he has been informed and agrees with your "template" kinds of responses, then I am horribly dissatisfied with him as a person and an artist. He CAN do something about this if he wanted. Simply offering and apology and a refund isn't good enough when it comes to a limited piece of artwork.

Another 100 should be printed and should be signed by both artists and resent to everyone who has complained abut damaged prints. I would even be open to sending my print back first, if I knew another would be on its way eventually. I feel this and only this will make the people who received damaged prints happy.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to an sincere response,

Joey Eakins
5vs1

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:10 pm

If you haven't sent anything to McFarlane, and you are unhappy with what you received, please send him an email. I sent my messages to: onlinestore@mcfarlane.com

They need to hear from everyone who is dissatisfied with their handing of this print.
5vs1

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:18 pm

And........F@#% YOU McFarlane customer service. Nice "template" response. Here is what they responded to me with:

Thank you for the email Joey,

First off we, sincerely, apologize that this shipment did not arrive mint. We have had several, similar, complaints.

Unfortunately we only had 100 of the autographed posters available and we have no replacements for those customers who received damaged posters.

If you decide not to keep this item please let us know as soon as possible and we will issue a UPS call tag for the shipment. We will then provide you (by email) a prepaid UPS return shipping label. You would then need to take the shipment to your nearest UPS store and drop it off. Once the shipment has been returned by UPS to our warehouse we will issue a full refund to your credit card.

Again, we do apologize for this inconvenience.

McFarlane Toys online store customer service