Celebration 12 Mr. Brainwash Release Discussion 05/10/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
Subtle
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2012 1:57 pm

NoseSpray wrote:The last x/25 went for $810 on ebay. However, the $250 prints are going for $500...

I think this will sway me to not buy the gold Pup Art...

Glad anyone who wanted one, got one. I was on vaca with horrible internet so I didn't even bother.
and the same one just sold for 1500
Codeblue wrote:Nevermind, I confused myself.
dangerboy
Flipper

Mon May 14, 2012 2:10 pm

happyshopper wrote:A lot of hype on this thread.
Reality is that it's very tricky to determine what will remain a "classic" print.
If too many were bought just to flip, as I suspect is the case, prices will stay low.
I'd say his Obama print will always be his best, and most memorable.
I'd also have thought that Bat Papa, Cat Nana would have been more popular.. But I was wrong. Ha!
obama doesn't even rank in the top 5
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
happyshopper
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 14, 2012 5:43 pm

dangerboy wrote:
Reality is that it's very tricky to determine what will remain a "classic" print.
If too many were bought just to flip, as I suspect is the case, prices will stay low.
I'd also have thought that Bat Papa, Cat Nana would have been more popular.. But I was wrong. Ha!
There's 5 good ones? ;)

Seriously though, which Brainwash prints would be recognisable by an average member of the public, other than the madonna prints and Obama?
jwoods
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 14, 2012 5:54 pm

happyshopper wrote:
dangerboy wrote:
There's 5 good ones? ;)

Seriously though, which Brainwash prints would be recognisable by an average member of the public, other than the madonna prints and Obama?

off the top of my head

Liberty
Legend
33rd st
chocolate vandal
le bistro
mcnail wrote:Perhaps you should find a new hobby. I hear pogs are coming back.
tranito
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2012 5:58 pm

Top 5 most recognizable/classic MBW images and top 5 best MBW prints probably aren't the same list for most people.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
disdig1
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2012 6:03 pm

tranito wrote:Top 5 most recognizable/classic MBW images and top 5 best MBW prints probably aren't the same list for most people.
yeah those would be two very different lists with that said legend is probably my number one ISO. people can hate on him all they want but he has some awesome work both in the quality of the image and the quality of how it is printed/hand finishing he does
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 14, 2012 6:13 pm

happyshopper wrote:which Brainwash prints would be recognisable by an average member of the public
None.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
timc
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Codeblue wrote:
happyshopper wrote:which Brainwash prints would be recognisable by an average member of the public
None.
True statement, about most artist talked about on here except , banksy and shepard.
The smallest oceans still get BIG BIG waves

"Dogs can find pot and bombs maybe it can find water!" :)
dangerboy
Flipper

Mon May 14, 2012 8:24 pm

timc wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
None.
True statement, about most artist talked about on here including , banksy and shepard.
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2012 9:39 pm

So I was one of the luckies who got refunded. Well as you would expect, getting the money from me is quick (same day), getting the money back to me (going on 3 days). This is none of MBW's problem as they refunded and hour after purchase. I am now waiting for paypal to wind its way through whatever bog like system they process refunds on...
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
ejg904
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2012 9:55 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:So I was one of the luckies who got refunded. Well as you would expect, getting the money from me is quick (same day), getting the money back to me (going on 3 days). This is none of MBW's problem as they refunded and hour after purchase. I am now waiting for paypal to wind its way through whatever bog like system they process refunds on...
i don't understand - are you saying you just got refunded this evening?
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
DMBfan
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2012 9:58 pm

I'm pretty sure it was "an hour after purchase"...
ejg904
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2012 10:00 pm

my bad, re-read it and understand now :oops:
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Yeah, just really bitching about Paypal and how quick they seem to be able to move money in one direction, but not the other...
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Wenters
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Sorry more questions!...anybody had shipping confirmation yet?