Celebration 12 Mr. Brainwash Release Discussion 05/10/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
waxenpi
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:51 pm

Thu May 10, 2012 8:24 pm

jayp wrote:
waxenpi wrote:
jayp wrote:
waxenpi wrote:lol 30 ft away? ^ try standing 5 ft away and bluring your eyes. i also don't think the idea of these images is for the viewer to see the image right away anyways. it's sort of like a magic eye. the bigger the better imo.
No chance of seeing the face even at 10ft.

I dont but art to stand blurring my eyes.
im sorry but im sure if the artist wanted you to see her face then it would just be a print of her face and not a bunch of lines. but its probably a good thing you didnt buy this print :) have fun knocking on it though.

So your happy spending $250 on a print with just lines on?
Of course he wants you to see the face. Shame the nose is missing.

Lets hope the main cover print is done properly.

:hanging:
main cover print? this image came out as album art 3 yrs ago, and i'm sure madonna think she looks good on it or else it never would have been used in the first place. if all you see is lines within this print then you better stick to collecting "jboy".
User avatar
misterx
Art Expert
Posts: 7220
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 am
Location: Yeppoon

Thu May 10, 2012 8:30 pm

I agree with waxenpi.

just lines up close, then the image reveals itself with a bit of depth...
Simplifying it down to "just lines for 250$" is ridiculous...my Invader Ohh Alright print has the same concept, only with coloured squares not lines....and it looks great.

Did anybody who tried for this get to see all 50 variants? Could you choose which Var.you wanted or is it gonna be luck of the draw?
Would like to see more than the two shown in the Store.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
jayp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:47 pm

Thu May 10, 2012 8:31 pm

No you burk, i dont just see lines... Im saying thats all you will see at a normal distance from the print.

You wait. Good luck with that one mr magoo.

Also you wrong, the madonna print has never been released as a big edition, its been done as smaller one off runs all of which come with coa's and are all originals in their own right.

So roll on the 35x35 incher of that one.
jayp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:47 pm

Thu May 10, 2012 8:32 pm

misterx wrote:I agree with waxenpi.

just lines up close, then the image reveals itself with a bit of depth...
Simplifying it down to "just lines for 250$" is ridiculous...my Invader Ohh Alright print has the same concept, only with coloured squares not lines....and it looks great.

Did anybody who tried for this get to see all 50 variants? Could you choose which Var.you wanted or is it gonna be luck of the draw?
Would like to see more than the two shown in the Store.

Yeah but the invader print is probably 50x70cm and not 3 ft x 3ft! So yes it would work at that size.
jayp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:47 pm

Thu May 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Madonnas got not no nose.

How does she smell?

Awful
User avatar
PLUSH
Art Expert
Posts: 7201
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: TEXAS

Thu May 10, 2012 8:39 pm

jayp wrote:
waxenpi wrote:
jayp wrote:
waxenpi wrote:lol 30 ft away? ^ try standing 5 ft away and bluring your eyes. i also don't think the idea of these images is for the viewer to see the image right away anyways. it's sort of like a magic eye. the bigger the better imo.
No chance of seeing the face even at 10ft.

I dont but art to stand blurring my eyes.
im sorry but im sure if the artist wanted you to see her face then it would just be a print of her face and not a bunch of lines. but its probably a good thing you didnt buy this print :) have fun knocking on it though.

So your happy spending $250 on a print with just lines on?
Of course he wants you to see the face. Shame the nose is missing.

Lets hope the main cover print is done properly.

:hanging:


Dude, I've spent thousands on a print with just spots on it. So, line for $250 seemed cheap.
User avatar
misterx
Art Expert
Posts: 7220
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 am
Location: Yeppoon

Thu May 10, 2012 8:43 pm

jayp wrote:
misterx wrote:I agree with waxenpi.

just lines up close, then the image reveals itself with a bit of depth...
Simplifying it down to "just lines for 250$" is ridiculous...my Invader Ohh Alright print has the same concept, only with coloured squares not lines....and it looks great.

Did anybody who tried for this get to see all 50 variants? Could you choose which Var.you wanted or is it gonna be luck of the draw?
Would like to see more than the two shown in the Store.

Yeah but the invader print is probably 50x70cm and not 3 ft x 3ft! So yes it would work at that size.
On the contrary good sir, the BIGGER the MBW is, the more effective the illusion...and not the other way round.

And I'm sure Madonna smells of strawberries and cream, but thats just a guess.

I sense your disapproval here,which you are entitled to, yet you seem to keep coming back.....odd.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
waxenpi
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:51 pm

Thu May 10, 2012 8:46 pm

misterx wrote:
jayp wrote:
misterx wrote:I agree with waxenpi.

just lines up close, then the image reveals itself with a bit of depth...
Simplifying it down to "just lines for 250$" is ridiculous...my Invader Ohh Alright print has the same concept, only with coloured squares not lines....and it looks great.

Did anybody who tried for this get to see all 50 variants? Could you choose which Var.you wanted or is it gonna be luck of the draw?
Would like to see more than the two shown in the Store.

Yeah but the invader print is probably 50x70cm and not 3 ft x 3ft! So yes it would work at that size.
On the contrary good sir, the BIGGER the MBW is, the more effective the illusion...and not the other way round.

And I'm sure Madonna smells of strawberries and cream, but thats just a guess.

I sense your disapproval here,which you are entitled to, yet you seem to keep coming back.....odd.
exactly... and trust me... there were 10ft long line pieces at the mbw la show in 2008 and the illusion worked even better. bigger = better.
User avatar
KNEEL13
EB Team
Posts: 7911
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:21 pm
Location: Chicago area

Thu May 10, 2012 8:52 pm

ImageImage
User avatar
opence
Art Expert
Posts: 1334
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Ok it's been 6 hrs since drop w no refund I'm gonna say....


+1!
Harry Dunn wrote:OK gang, you know the rules, no humping, no licking, no sniffing hineys.
Image
User avatar
phubar2
Art Expert
Posts: 4095
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: 303

Thu May 10, 2012 9:37 pm

opence wrote:Ok it's been 6 hrs since drop w no refund I'm gonna say....


+1!

Refunds typically go out in the first hour, so you're good.



This discussion sure got interesting. There was practically zero chatter before the drop. You can tell who missed it and is grumpy about it.
User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Thu May 10, 2012 10:26 pm

phubar2 wrote:
opence wrote:Ok it's been 6 hrs since drop w no refund I'm gonna say....

+1!
Refunds typically go out in the first hour, so you're good.

This discussion sure got interesting. There was practically zero chatter before the drop. You can tell who missed it and is grumpy about it.
The only 'grump' I've seen in here is codeblue. Aka:Mr. I have no interest in this, but I'm going to snipe a snide comment in there, just cause.
Wenters
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:03 pm

Fri May 11, 2012 11:02 am

Did anybody get a refund yet?....it's all very quiet?
User avatar
therivler1
Art Expert
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:27 am

Fri May 11, 2012 11:05 am

a few were reported a few pages back. the MBW camp is usually pretty quick about them. If you have not gotten one, you are likely fine.
Wenters
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:03 pm

Fri May 11, 2012 11:30 am

therivler1 wrote:a few were reported a few pages back. the MBW camp is usually pretty quick about them. If you have not gotten one, you are likely fine.
ta!
Post Reply