Black Keys Charlotte 12 EMEK Release Discussion 03/24/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sat May 26, 2012 11:55 am

that's messed up! I can't believe you got refunded & me and Riotact didn't with later timestamps
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Sat May 26, 2012 12:14 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:that's messed up! I can't believe you got refunded & me and Riotact didn't with later timestamps
sssshhh ;)
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
TNspreadhead
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 27, 2012 7:57 pm

wi22azor wrote:refunded
Emek enforced a new policy like Jeff Wood...he must have been tipped off about you
applehead
Art Expert

Sun May 27, 2012 10:27 pm

not sure what/who jeff wood does, but if emek is canceling orders based on emails he receives about people telling him that someone tried to flip a print, what stops anyone from emailing Emek and lying about it, just to get a print for cost? i'm pretty new to the scene, but as a newb, it would make more sense for the artists to focus on making art and enjoying family and life, instead of being the print police, or big brother. I would have gone for this print but I was on the road. its totally sick and i love the black keys, def my fav band to listen to right now. i didnt know they had so many prints and i'll have to be happy with what i have, as i'm not spending over 100 on it. ive never been refunded on anything, but i havent bought much either. it must totally suck to be refunded after thinking you own something. ouch to the refundees. why dont the artists just offer the refundees something else instead? or an ap or test print? or first dibs on the next sale they are interested in? along with this quickly being an expensive hobby, i obviously have a lot to learn. ive never bought from emeks site either, so i have no idea what the checkout process is like. I wish there was more of a standard for checking out with all of these different artists. ive definitely missed out on some great stuff by there notbeing a standard. i like the bigcartel checkout most so far. probably mondo the least, even though ive been lucky, ive also almost had a heart attack on some of their drops.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun May 27, 2012 10:35 pm

applehead wrote:not sure what/who jeff wood does, but if emek is canceling orders based on emails he receives about people telling him that someone tried to flip a print, what stops anyone from emailing Emek and lying about it, just to get a print for cost? i'm pretty new to the scene, but as a newb, it would make more sense for the artists to focus on making art and enjoying family and life, instead of being the print police, or big brother. I would have gone for this print but I was on the road. its totally sick and i love the black keys, def my fav band to listen to right now. i didnt know they had so many prints and i'll have to be happy with what i have, as i'm not spending over 100 on it. ive never been refunded on anything, but i havent bought much either. it must totally suck to be refunded after thinking you own something. ouch to the refundees. why dont the artists just offer the refundees something else instead? or an ap or test print? or first dibs on the next sale they are interested in? along with this quickly being an expensive hobby, i obviously have a lot to learn. ive never bought from emeks site either, so i have no idea what the checkout process is like. I wish there was more of a standard for checking out with all of these different artists. ive definitely missed out on some great stuff by there notbeing a standard. i like the bigcartel checkout most so far. probably mondo the least, even though ive been lucky, ive also almost had a heart attack on some of their drops.
“You Can’t Believe Most of the Quotes You Read On the Internet” -Abraham Lincoln
phubar2
Art Expert

Sun May 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Pretty sure that's not how he goes about it....
rockbridge
Art Expert

Sun May 27, 2012 10:38 pm

applehead wrote:not sure what/who jeff wood does, but if emek is canceling orders based on emails he receives about people telling him that someone tried to flip a print, what stops anyone from emailing Emek and lying about it, just to get a print for cost? i'm pretty new to the scene, but as a newb, it would make more sense for the artists to focus on making art and enjoying family and life, instead of being the print police, or big brother. I would have gone for this print but I was on the road. its totally sick and i love the black keys, def my fav band to listen to right now. i didnt know they had so many prints and i'll have to be happy with what i have, as i'm not spending over 100 on it. ive never been refunded on anything, but i havent bought much either. it must totally suck to be refunded after thinking you own something. ouch to the refundees. why dont the artists just offer the refundees something else instead? or an ap or test print? or first dibs on the next sale they are interested in? along with this quickly being an expensive hobby, i obviously have a lot to learn. ive never bought from emeks site either, so i have no idea what the checkout process is like. I wish there was more of a standard for checking out with all of these different artists. ive definitely missed out on some great stuff by there notbeing a standard. i like the bigcartel checkout most so far. probably mondo the least, even though ive been lucky, ive also almost had a heart attack on some of their drops.
tl;dr.....you really should find out who Jeff Wood is.......lots of good stuff
sidewaysscott
Art God

Sun May 27, 2012 10:44 pm

applehead wrote:not sure what/who jeff wood does
here's a couple from my collection. unreal these prints are.

ImageImageImageImage

i wish he still did posters similar - with the varnish/gloss. And those thick inks. :drool: Don't get me wrong, :heart: emek.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun May 27, 2012 11:05 pm

I love the stank of a Drowning Creek tube... right up there with Obey for sheer pungency :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
TNspreadhead
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 28, 2012 1:05 am

comountaingolf wrote:I love the stank of a Drowning Creek tube... right up there with Obey for sheer pungency :lol:
But with cooler images and more colors :lol:
tajmccall
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 28, 2012 3:07 am

awesome print. Great get for anyone who nabbed it.
For your health.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Mon May 28, 2012 3:10 am

TNspreadhead wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:I love the stank of a Drowning Creek tube... right up there with Obey for sheer pungency :lol:
But with cooler images and more colors :lol:
Ain't that the truth. Beyond the killer images and artwork, I would rank Jeff right up there with Firehouse & Co. with the quality of the prints, the THICK inks... almost look like big stickers when you look at 'em under the right light :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
gospar
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Anyone got a print in US??
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Mon May 28, 2012 3:47 pm

gospar wrote:Anyone got a print in US??
If you mean from the Artist Edition drop last week, no.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Mon May 28, 2012 3:48 pm

How long does EMEK usually take to send out his copies? Ist EMEK! :D
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.