My Neighbor Totoro 11 Moss Release Discussion 12/16/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:39 pm

artberry wrote:get it on
Yeah, right? You listen regularly? Yesterday's with Dr. Bruce was awesome.
postermonster
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:00 pm

MrAdamDuke wrote:Congrats to everyone who snagged one! Was hoping to get an AP to complete my set... was waiting at my comp when the tweet went out, clicked right through, added it to cart, logged into PayPal and it was sold out. Can't really think of anywhere that I could've spared much more time... what are your guys' strategy? Or is it some sort of trade secret that I'm not in on yet?

Hopefully some dudes on here will have some available for sell, reeeeaaalllly don't want to resort to ebay.
It's not really a trade secret, you only need to send Olly an email the day before asking really nicely. He sends out the link to all those that emailed him the day before about 15 minutes before the drop. You then can casually look over each offering (reg or variant) call your bank, check to ensure funds are available, maybe ask your wife her opinion and complete your purchase in a relaxed, controlled environment. I really don't understand why so many people wait until the 'official' drop like they do.

Really, it just seems to be the luck of the draw....
kryptonite
Art Expert

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:29 pm

charter wrote:Lets all bid on it so he gets super depressed when it goes past 1k.
LOL!
comixguru
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:51 pm

I contacted mondo last week and they said they plan to start shipping at the end of this week.

"My Neighbor Totoro won't begin shipping until late next week. I'm sorry for the delays, but the Holiday season slowed down the already long 2-3 week printing queue we had. I promise it will be worth the wait."
Look at my art here: http://comixguru.tumblr.com
Buy my art here: http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/produ ... -alice-lin
@comixguru on twitter, instagram, pinterest, facebook and tumblr
ISO Chris Ware: Ruin Your Life Draw Cartoons
iambillyg
Art Freak

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:02 pm

comixguru wrote:I contacted mondo last week and they said they plan to start shipping at the end of this week.

"My Neighbor Totoro won't begin shipping until late next week. I'm sorry for the delays, but the Holiday season slowed down the already long 2-3 week printing queue we had. I promise it will be worth the wait."
Only took a month to ship. Awesome.

Would have much preferred to do an in-store pickup. With the reg / variant shipping along with my Ansin Dracula, I assume I wont be getting them until mid February.

- - -

Also, Skywalkers print is up to 600+ is that our doing or is someone seriously bidding? I'd love to get it up to 1200+ just to drive him crazy of "what he could have got"
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:06 pm

jjbehren wrote:
mtutick wrote:
jjbehren wrote:I can't believe no one is terribly impressed with my call on the cut line being :57 on the variant, even going so far as to say that some at :57 would get it and some would not.
Not to cause a controversy for Olly, but my time is definitely after that..and my variant did not get refunded.
That's it. I need his head on a platter...NOW!!
Same for me dude. I was a :57 variant with a refund.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:14 pm

DaleCooper wrote: Same for me dude. I was a :57 variant with a refund.
Might sound like a silly question, but are the refunds literally refunded, as in $ back in the account (for everyone) in addition to the email?
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:17 pm

iambillyg wrote:Also, Skywalkers print is up to 600+ is that our doing or is someone seriously bidding? I'd love to get it up to 1200+ just to drive him crazy of "what he could have got"
I think i'm highest bidder. My highest bid is $1,250. Lets drymount with him.

EDIT: He's taken it down.
Last edited by jamesmassey1988 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
disdig1
Art Expert

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:18 pm

jamesmassey1988 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:Also, Skywalkers print is up to 600+ is that our doing or is someone seriously bidding? I'd love to get it up to 1200+ just to drive him crazy of "what he could have got"
I think i'm highest bidder. My highest bid is $1,250. Lets drymount with him.
i think he finally took it down...not seeing it in the search
iambillyg
Art Freak

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:54 pm

ME
Hey man

I missed out on the Mondo sale and Ollys. I'm a HUGE fan of this masterpiece (both the film and the print). The auction is up to $1025 right now, and I don't want to worry about bidding.

Would you accept a straight PayPal transaction of $2000?

Let me know. Thanks!

HIS RESPONSE
I'm very sorry to tell you, but I received a refund notification earlier today... I've cancelled the auction since I don't have a poster to sell. Better luck next time.

ME
Hm, seems strange to list something for sale when you don't know you've purchased it and can actually sell it. I would probably hold off on doing that in the future so you don't get people's hopes up that actually want to buy something.

:violin:
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:58 pm

:lol:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
charter
Art Expert

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Hahahaha that guy. He had strippers and champagne lined up for Friday and now he is going to get his legs broken.
artberry
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:41 pm

iambillyg wrote:
comixguru wrote:I contacted mondo last week and they said they plan to start shipping at the end of this week.

Only took a month to ship. Awesome.

Would have much preferred to do an in-store pickup. With the reg / variant shipping along with my Ansin Dracula, I assume I wont be getting them until mid February.

- - -

Also, Skywalkers print is up to 600+ is that our doing or is someone seriously bidding? I'd love to get it up to 1200+ just to drive him crazy of "what he could have got"
remember he could always buy another one on the aftermarket for less if it goes too high. guess he didn't think of that.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:18 pm

There's a certain irony to shilling a dude's auction into the stratosphere as a statement against flipping. Nobody (except you goobers) is in on the joke.
fredo
Art God

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Never underestimate the soothing powers of self-righteous indignation.
just a foil for me today, thanks