My Neighbor Totoro 11 Moss Release Discussion 12/16/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:54 pm

MondoFanMichael wrote:Not sure I will buy this or not. That Miyazaki cut in front of me in the bathrooms at Comic-con. :twisted: :P :shock: :wink: :lol:
Neil Gaiman did the same to me. These guys must think they own the place.

I already have butterflies in my stomach about tomorrow's drop.

:shock:
User avatar
Celsius
Flipper
Posts: 8270
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California (was in Yokohama, Japan)

Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:01 pm

dylansdad wrote:
MondoFanMichael wrote:Not sure I will buy this or not. That Miyazaki cut in front of me in the bathrooms at Comic-con. :twisted: :P :shock: :wink: :lol:
Neil Gaiman did the same to me. These guys must think they own the place.

I already have butterflies in my stomach about tomorrow's drop.

:shock:
Just now? I've had it since the announcement yesterday. I've never tried for a Moss on Mondo before. Out of 100 with 100 being the hardest, where would this drop rank? I'm guessing 90s but with the recent edition size increase announcement it makes it a tad more possible. Fingers crossed. Don't fail me Japan internet!
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
User avatar
MondoFanMichael
Art Expert
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:05 am
Location: Due to overwhelming mistaken identity, I am not eBay user Michael78747!

Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:39 pm

Celsius wrote:
MondoFanMichael wrote:Not sure I will buy this or not. That Miyazaki cut in front of me in the bathrooms at Comic-con. :twisted: :P :shock: :wink: :lol:
Lol. No way. You didn't say anything?
Nah, he's earned it. :D
Image
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Celsius wrote:Out of 100 with 100 being the hardest, where would this drop rank?
Image
bathroommonkey
Tantric Poster Collector
Posts: 3364
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:00 am

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:15 pm

My kids and I love his movies. Guess I'm trying for one tomorrow.
GR8Dane
Art Expert
Posts: 8334
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:00 am
Location: The Mothership

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:23 pm

bathroommonkey wrote:My kids and I love his movies. Guess I'm trying for one tomorrow.
Hit in our family too....

All of his movies are great!
fry
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:45 pm

chump1039 wrote:typically between 11am and 1pm EST
is 1 time period/hour window more common? on the west coast, those 3 hours are the difference b/t me waking up and being in a long meeting a couple hours later

really do want
arborman0
New User
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:12 am

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:54 pm

This is a poster that has my wife asking me how to set her up to buy it if I'm out of the house for any reason. That would be an unprecedented event, given that all earlier posters have mostly just been met with a sigh and an eyeroll.

Also, hello. I guess this is my first post in this forum.
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17549
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:55 pm

fry wrote:
chump1039 wrote:typically between 11am and 1pm EST
is 1 time period/hour window more common? on the west coast, those 3 hours are the difference b/t me waking up and being in a long meeting a couple hours later

really do want
I'd say about 85% of Mondo posters drop between 11 and noon EST. I've seen them drop as early as 10:10 Eastern, and as late as 1:50 or so however. Good luck!
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
User avatar
rmoore
Art Expert
Posts: 6559
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:13 pm
Location: Charlotte
Contact:

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:59 pm

If you dudes are really serious about this print, I'd recommend starting F5ing in about 5 minutes. Sleep is your enemy. You never know...
User avatar
disdig1
Art Expert
Posts: 4392
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: NY

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:03 am

ive been refreshing since 6 pm yesterday i figure only a few more hours to go im in the clear!!!
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:20 am

arborman0 wrote:This is a poster that has my wife asking me how to set her up to buy it if I'm out of the house for any reason. That would be an unprecedented event, given that all earlier posters have mostly just been met with a sigh and an eyeroll.

Also, hello. I guess this is my first post in this forum.
Welcome, and good luck tomorrow!!
User avatar
TheArsenal
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:01 pm
Location: The Dairy State

Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:11 am

I have loved this movie since I was little! Debating between the reg and the variant though... I love the colors of the variant, as it reminds me more of the overall tone of the film. However, I'd prefer English on the bottom... sigh. (first world problems...)
That rug really tied the room together...
User avatar
chump1039
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:45 am
Location: Detroit, MI
Contact:

Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:37 am

got both :D
User avatar
jachapma
Art Expert
Posts: 1289
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:38 pm
Location: Funkin' New Orleans
Contact:

Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:42 am

missed. Congrats to those who scored.

I literally walked into work, opened mondo, and it was up. I was probably about 30 seconds late.. :hanging:
I *still* don't care for Gob.
Post Reply