Justin Townes Earle Carnegie Hall 11 Welker Release Discussi

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:19 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Justin Townes Earle Carnegie Hall 11 Welker - 1st

downtown
Art Expert

Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:20 pm

I wish I could go to this show.
woodyland
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:13 pm

downtown wrote:I wish I could go to this show.
Me too! And I hope I'm around & am fortunate when this drops. I think David again nailed it. Another great piece sir :clap: :clap: :clap:
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
android
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:21 pm

+1

Was a great show. JTE was nervous. Had to stop a few songs because he 'forgot' how they went.
Said he may be a bit nervous– first time playing at Carnegie Hall, plus his momma was there.
He pulled it together and finished strong.
Amanda Shires is FINE!
downtown
Art Expert

Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:36 pm

android wrote:+1

Was a great show. JTE was nervous. Had to stop a few songs because he 'forgot' how they went.
Said he may be a bit nervous– first time playing at Carnegie Hall, plus his momma was there.
He pulled it together and finished strong.
Amanda Shires is FINE!
Wow.
spen640
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Ya, he definitely seemed off at the beginning and I was really surprised (and quite nervous myself not having seen anything like that from him before, even in some of his significantly less sober states). I think part of it can be attributed to coming back from a solo tour in Europe and transitioning to playing with the band again. But still for a guy who has been a performer all his life it was a little nerve-wracking and odd.

He pulled it together though and the show was overall superb. His new songs were fantastic and "Trying to Move On" was a true highlight, must have been a unique experience to play such a personal song with his Mom there, at Carnegie Hall no less. I'm especially excited to see him in Boston solo on Saturday.

Oh, ya release discussion. Pretty sure the 50 copies sold out at the show and Welker only has APs... I saw a lot of people walking around with red tube shaped bags.
downtown
Art Expert

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:32 pm

spen640 wrote:Ya, he definitely seemed off at the beginning and I was really surprised (and quite nervous myself not having seen anything like that from him before, even in some of his significantly less sober states). I think part of it can be attributed to coming back from a solo tour in Europe and transitioning to playing with the band again. But still for a guy who has been a performer all his life it was a little nerve-wracking and odd.

He pulled it together though and the show was overall superb. His new songs were fantastic and "Trying to Move On" was a true highlight, must have been a unique experience to play such a personal song with his Mom there, at Carnegie Hall no less. I'm especially excited to see him in Boston solo on Saturday.

Oh, ya release discussion. Pretty sure the 50 copies sold out at the show and Welker only has APs... I saw a lot of people walking around with red tube shaped bags.
Davids' copies just sold out.
Congrats to everyone who got this print. Its truly superb. A highly sophisticated gig poster if I ever saw one.

Glad to hear Justin pulled it together. He's such an awesome performer. It usually seems so second nature to him.
He's definitely human.
upseeker
Art Expert

Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Darn, missed it. Looks great Dave!