Le Loup de fer 11 Stout Release Discussion 10/12/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:56 am

Will someone be making id badges for this as well?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bhutanpro
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:19 am

You guys do realize the irony of bashing a group of people who are no different than (and even include some of) you, don't you?

The only difference between your protection of EB and that of Tyler's fan page is that you all police the whole freaking art world, and you are very good at it. There are limitless artists and an eternal number of prints and edition sizes that you monitor, so when blatant flipping or the screwing of members takes place you all justifiably pounce like cougars in heat. For example, I was so impressed by the line-nazis on Sunday at the LA MMM's. It's cool to see you all take matters into your own hands and put variants in the hands of those camped out the longest, where they belong. The mods for Tyler's fan page don't have the luxuries you have, so the rules have to be a bit more strict. Sure you can call us Stout-nerds or whatever you want, but based on his success and his esteemed placement in many of your collections you make it pretty easy for me to cry "hypocrisy".

I'm not trying to stir the pot here; if anything just hoping to settle it a little. Everyone is going to enjoy this gorgeous red edition tomorrow, and it would be nice if that were the topic - not jealousy and name calling.

Peace out, fellow beaners. You're a solid bunch and I'm sure you can see reason here.

:pint:
Last edited by bhutanpro on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
bodhih
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:21 am

bhutanpro wrote:You guys do realize the irony of bashing a group of people who are no different than (and even include some of) you, don't you?

The only difference between your protection of EB and that of Tyler's fan page is that you all police the whole freaking art world, and you are very good at it. But there are limitless artists and an eternal number of prints and edition sizes that you monitor, so when blatant flipping or the screwing of members takes place you all justifiably pounce like cougars in heat. For example, I was so impressed by the line-nazis on Sunday at the LA MMM's. It's cool to see you all take matters into your own hands and put variants in the hands of those camped out the longest, where they belong. The mods for Tyler's fan page don't have the luxuries you have, so the rules have to be a bit more strict. Sure you can call us Stout-nerds or whatever you want, but based on his success and his esteemed placement in many of your collections you make it pretty easy for me to cry "hypocrisy".

I'm not trying to stir the pot here; if anything just hoping to settle it a little. Everyone is going to enjoy this gorgeous red edition tomorrow, and it would be nice if that were the topic - not jealousy and name calling.

Peace out, fellow beaners. You're a solid bunch and I'm sure you can see reason here.

:pint:

:notworthy: :pint:
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:24 am

Yea , it's really not that big of a deal.
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
southerngarden
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:44 am

im starting an official Chuck Sperry fan club right now!

no, you cant be in it, ever, sorry.

...as all the little stout nerds masturbate to their variants. :roll:
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:23 am

southerngarden wrote:...as all the little stout nerds masturbate to their variants. :roll:
I'm gonna totally ruin my variant with the copious amounts of spooge that I'm saving especially for it
trarex
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:24 am

This seems to have brought out the drymount-EBers and their on both sides. :P
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
clandestinex
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:47 am

Facebook: :rolling:

Sick print though! What's the price on this thing gonna be?
On every street in every city, there's a nobody who dreams of being a somebody.
BadassArt
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:22 am

Real simple all you had to do if you collected stouts for so long was has the brilliant idea of seeing if he had a Facebook page or fan site like Rhys Cooper does or mondo or nakatomi inc etc etc.. This one isn't run by the artist but by fans... They are just trying to keep flippers (the reason people have to pay extreme prices in the first place) from joining and ruining a good place to go where people arent trying to profit off of the prints, just enjoy it and help each other out. But the second Tyler decides to do a pre sale for the fans of that page people who either didn't care or didn't bother looking all of a sudden are trying to join are flipping out cause they can't have a shot at something they wanted.. Sorry oh yeah an it's $50 plus shipping
Sierradelfuego
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:45 am

I've been in the club since I was directed to it by Tyler on his website. It wasn't a big secret. Oh, and I still missed the drop! People need to lighten the drymount up. Oh, and I will wear an arm badge as long as I don't miss that drop too!
lazk
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:01 am

I love these "fans" who are commenting about this drop who have only been a member on EB for a couple of months....

So you had to search for this "fan" club and fill out a questionnaire ? Then wait for some random "fan" to accept your membership? Are there a board of directors? Fees? Initiation?
T.K.C.
chimpun
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:37 am

lazk wrote:...Are there a board of directors? Fees? Initiation?
Here is where the homoeroticism may come into play...
Kdh12
Art Freak

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:46 am

I am not on facebook and this is a god example of why, I guess I will never be in a secret club 8)

I also think this is good proof as to why the movie poster craze has been bad for everything

This poster is no even that good really
mmmm Beer :pint:
felocin
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:02 am

Timed drop!

12pm-12am pacific 10/13/11
Asoli
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:17 am

Wow, that's quite the circle jerk they've got going on the fan page. I can guarantee i have more stout's framed and on the wall than 99% of them.