Captain America 11 Stout Release Discussion 07/22/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
User avatar
mgiatrakos
Art Expert
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:57 pm
Location: The Slums of Shaolin

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:11 am

duckyhoward wrote:
mgiatrakos wrote:Congrats to the winner :clap: 0 for 1 on the stout lotterys. still have yet to obtain my 1st stout :(
0 from 1 is not that bad - Tylers lotteries are far from walk up start these days especially as is popularity has increased- geez there are probably some on here have struck out on Tylers lotteries more than they have .......... (done other things ('ill let you guys fill in the blanks here).

if you want to pop your stout cherry there are plenty of flee bay - and i'm sure there would be a some fine upstanding EBeaner who could help you out. :wink:
I really like Ansin best. But Stout is sick. Im never gonna be able to pay for The Thing or Blade Runner. Those are really awesome though. Cap would have been nice but, I think im just gonna break my cherry with a LTROI one day. EBeaners kick ass :pint: I go on here way more than FB. And I hope all of you drymount the ladies way more than the 6 or 7 times you missed out on a lottery.
User avatar
TheArsenal
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:01 pm
Location: The Dairy State

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Please excuse my ignorance, I've seen this several times now and still can't make heads or tails of it: LTROI. What do the initials stand for? At first glance I read it as Lord of the Rings, but now I can't figure it out...
That rug really tied the room together...
User avatar
VanillaBear
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:51 am

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:27 pm

TheArsenal wrote:Please excuse my ignorance, I've seen this several times now and still can't make heads or tails of it: LTROI. What do the initials stand for? At first glance I read it as Lord of the Rings, but now I can't figure it out...
Let The Right One In
User avatar
TheArsenal
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:01 pm
Location: The Dairy State

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:09 pm

VanillaBear wrote:
TheArsenal wrote:Please excuse my ignorance, I've seen this several times now and still can't make heads or tails of it: LTROI. What do the initials stand for? At first glance I read it as Lord of the Rings, but now I can't figure it out...
Let The Right One In
Bingo! Thanks!
That rug really tied the room together...
User avatar
lazk
Art Expert
Posts: 5327
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:45 am
Location: Knoxville, TN

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:42 pm

mr_rugby wrote:I just wanted a regular... :hanging:
I am 0 for the day the lottery started. I really do not understand why I expect to get picked. I actually play by the rules and enter 1 time and do not send Tyler a SOB story about wanting it for my grand baby who has turrets syndrome. The info leading up to the lottery is plastered all over the blogs so it really it not for the true fan. Any person who likes to make a extra dollar or two (majority who can read) would enter the lottery to make a couple extra bucks since 10% of America is unemployed and the rest is just DRAWING unemployment while he/she makes money on the side. Any true reason for a mailing list at this point? Just sayin'
T.K.C.
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18432
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:50 pm

lazk wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:I just wanted a regular... :hanging:
I am 0 for the day the lottery started. I really do not understand why I expect to get picked. I actually play by the rules and enter 1 time and do not send Tyler a SOB story about wanting it for my grand baby who has turrets syndrome. The info leading up to the lottery is plastered all over the blogs so it really it not for the true fan. Any person who likes to make a extra dollar or two (majority who can read) would enter the lottery to make a couple extra bucks since 10% of America is unemployed and the rest is just DRAWING unemployment while he/she makes money on the side. Any true reason for a mailing list at this point? Just sayin'
Did I accidentally forward that email to you :oops:

Anyways I agree that Lottos are drymounting dumb, just have a regular sale and set an inventory on the paypal button.
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6034
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:55 pm

lazk wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:I just wanted a regular... :hanging:
I am 0 for the day the lottery started. I really do not understand why I expect to get picked. I actually play by the rules and enter 1 time and do not send Tyler a SOB story about wanting it for my grand baby who has turrets syndrome. The info leading up to the lottery is plastered all over the blogs so it really it not for the true fan. Any person who likes to make a extra dollar or two (majority who can read) would enter the lottery to make a couple extra bucks since 10% of America is unemployed and the rest is just DRAWING unemployment while he/she makes money on the side. Any true reason for a mailing list at this point? Just sayin'
Same boat, and I hope the first lotto I hit is the one worth about 45 million...
User avatar
actorinthisplay
Art Expert
Posts: 2143
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:07 pm

I agree that the lottery is dumb too but probably because I am 0-4 or 5 now. I just don't think it's fair that he will pick the winners based on location a lot of times and me being in SoCal certainly doesn't help that.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52558
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:27 pm

Huh?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
srdzevon
Art Expert
Posts: 8166
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: AL
Contact:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:29 pm

What makes you guys thing the lottery is by location? Has Stout said this was the case before? Just curious.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
User avatar
thunderinthesky
Art Expert
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:45 pm
Contact:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:31 pm

srdzevon wrote:What makes you guys thing the lottery is by location? Has Stout said this was the case before? Just curious.
yeah that makes absolutely no sense. I have no idea how, but I am actually 2 for 2 in the lottery however I've been in different mailing cities for the 2 wins, still don't think location has anything to do with it.
Looking for a place to crash in L.A. for MMM also, need a ride to the events. Will suply food and booze.
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18432
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:33 pm

thunderinthesky wrote:
srdzevon wrote:What makes you guys thing the lottery is by location? Has Stout said this was the case before? Just curious.
yeah that makes absolutely no sense. I have no idea how, but I am actually 2 for 2 in the lottery however I've been in different mailing cities for the 2 wins, still don't think location has anything to do with it.
Cheater. Using your moms address to acquire another poster.

BUT Tyler has said that he does enjoy shipping a poster to obscure places. ISO a poster buddy from dannhauser in kwazulu natal please.
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:38 pm

i'm 0/all lotteries good ol stout has had.

I'm very surprised he is still doing it this way. Seems to me that he is the only one using this time consuming / email wasting / biased / nonrandom way of selling posters IMO.

It would be much easier on him to just add an inventory to paypal and sell it that way. He's only wasting his time. I wonder how many emails that account gets.

Anyways, congrats to all that scored!!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18432
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:41 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:biased / nonrandom way of selling posters IMO.
How do you figure its biased? Simply because he sends to "random" parts of the world?

Also I'd say its pretty damn random, not many people score every time, myself included.

And aren't mondo flips enough these days? Gotta go in for seconds....... :D
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26554
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:42 pm

lazk wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:I just wanted a regular... :hanging:
I am 0 for the day the lottery started. I really do not understand why I expect to get picked. I actually play by the rules and enter 1 time and do not send Tyler a SOB story about wanting it for my grand baby who has turrets syndrome. The info leading up to the lottery is plastered all over the blogs so it really it not for the true fan. Any person who likes to make a extra dollar or two (majority who can read) would enter the lottery to make a couple extra bucks since 10% of America is unemployed and the rest is just DRAWING unemployment while he/she makes money on the side. Any true reason for a mailing list at this point? Just sayin'
You didn't give TS a sob story- how about you do us the same courtesy, huh? What about the "true fan" who couldn't be around for the drop? In the end we're all likely out in the cold even if he drops the lottery...for the same reason most lost this time- huge demand, small supply.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Post Reply