Captain America 11 Stout Release Discussion 07/22/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17407
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:01 pm

shibby wrote:Is this dropping at the comiccon? If so what day and where? The merch booths?
I would guess the MONDO booth at a random time/day.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17407
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:01 pm

virtualmert wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:If someones going I'll buy theirs if you get me a copy.
+1
+2
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
SteveKai
Art Expert
Posts: 1819
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:54 am

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:08 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
virtualmert wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:If someones going I'll buy theirs if you get me a copy.
+1
+2
Not to be a Debbie Downer, and I wish you guys the best of luck, but, I don't see too many people getting more than one of these. Comic con is a madhouse, and something tells me mondo's booth is going to be one of the more popular ones there. It's going to be a mad scramble to grab these things. The fact that Moss is also going to have a series drop at the booth is a recipe for all out mayhem. But, hopefully i'm wrong and you guys will be able to score.
User avatar
cinematical
Art Expert
Posts: 2284
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:10 pm

I've already given up on this one.
VaughanJer
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:37 am
Location: IT / Network Administrator

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:24 pm

cinematical wrote:I've already given up on this one.
Same. I would live to have it, but Stout drops seems to elude me every time! Never had any luck in the lottery...
RadioactiveToy
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 489
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:39 am
Location: So. California

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:49 pm

cinematical wrote:I've already given up on this one.
Right there with you, would love to have it though, been reading Cap in comics for a long time..
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:59 pm

HUGE run, will be tough to get via Mondo, but I agree with Ghoti that these will be easily available for < 100 in a couple of months. SIAFI for sure.

Great print, and great work Tyler!!
User avatar
jester
Art Expert
Posts: 2084
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:22 am
Location: Third Stone From The Sun

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:19 pm

So is this print going to be for sale at Comic Con ? if so what day, and what time. I can drive down from LA, but I just checked out the site for 20 minutes and could not find any info on this print or Stout. Anyone know whats up exactly ?
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:33 pm

jester wrote:So is this print going to be for sale at Comic Con ? if so what day, and what time. I can drive down from LA, but I just checked out the site for 20 minutes and could not find any info on this print or Stout. Anyone know whats up exactly ?
ive never been to comicon and i'm kicking myself again for the 3rd year in a row for not going. I could have visited some great friends from college and hit up SDCC for the 1st time.

SDCC has long been sold out, and tickets arent transferable, so even if you went down, I'm not sure if u could get in. Maybe they sell some day of show passes, i really dont know.

So what are the chances of someone going down without a pass and actually getting inside?
User avatar
jester
Art Expert
Posts: 2084
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:22 am
Location: Third Stone From The Sun

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:54 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:
jester wrote:So is this print going to be for sale at Comic Con ? if so what day, and what time. I can drive down from LA, but I just checked out the site for 20 minutes and could not find any info on this print or Stout. Anyone know whats up exactly ?
ive never been to comicon and i'm kicking myself again for the 3rd year in a row for not going. I could have visited some great friends from college and hit up SDCC for the 1st time.

SDCC has long been sold out, and tickets arent transferable, so even if you went down, I'm not sure if u could get in. Maybe they sell some day of show passes, i really dont know.

So what are the chances of someone going down without a pass and actually getting inside?
Wow, its sold out. I still may try to go down there, im sure ill get lucky. I have been to over 700 concerts and never been shut out once, so Im gonna give it a try. But is that where the print will be for sale ? if so what time and day ?
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
User avatar
HappaHaoli
Art Expert
Posts: 5533
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:01 am
Location: a place without a postcard

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Tickets sold out the Sat they went on sale back in Feb. TicketLeap's system melted from the start and it took me four hours to grind out eleven single day passes (the four-day pass option didn't work) for me and my two kids and I still wound up without a Sat ticket.

Hotels were no better, I submitted my list of 15 ranked choices within the first ten minutes they opened the res system and was given my tenth choice.

After all that we wound up having to cancel the trip and now that our friends are starting to arrive in CA we're bummed we won't be there.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:49 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:So what are the chances of someone going down without a pass and actually getting inside?
They take all of the cancelled/refunded passes and put them back up for sale, but that already happened a few weeks ago. You can't buy a pass off eBay or anything, because you need a matching photo ID to claim your pass when you get there. But you can always stand on the street corner and mug someone if they have a pass around their neck.
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9934
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:24 pm

FlapJack wrote:So is everyone going to ZOMG HAVE TO HAVE this, only to sell it a month later ... like his last few? :P
Guaranteed :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4986
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:32 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
FlapJack wrote:So is everyone going to ZOMG HAVE TO HAVE this, only to sell it a month later ... like his last few? :P
Guaranteed :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm betting/hoping on this being like IM2, where it just sits at double cost for months. Larger run to compensate for increased popularity, so I don't see that being too far fetched.
User avatar
actorinthisplay
Art Expert
Posts: 2143
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:07 pm

honestly, I think the price of the poster will have a correlation with how good the movie is. If the movie is awesome, more people are obviously going to want it. Iron Man 2 was a good movie, but no where near as good as the first imo, so that could be a driving force as to why the price for that one has stayed so low. If Capt America is a badass movie, it could be closer to Kill Bill or even Inglourious Basterds prices.
Post Reply