Captain America 11 Stout Release Discussion 07/22/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
recycler
Art Expert

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:46 am

kansasbbq wrote:
WallyWest78 wrote: Yikes. Thank god I got one of these from the drop. I'd never buy one off eBay... There's gonna be so many @holes passing the lithos off as the prints.
amen
even if the seller lied, you wouldn't get stuck with it. ebay has the buyers back....
Gravy
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:01 pm

How many of these buyers are even going to realise it's not a screenprint you think?
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:14 pm

WallyWest78 wrote: Thank god I got one of these from the drop. I'd never buy one off eBay..
Some of us don't have a choice.
Keep check on that arrogance.
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:27 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:
WallyWest78 wrote: Thank god I got one of these from the drop. I'd never buy one off eBay..
well come on you always have expressobeans, which is usually a little cheaper and a whole lot more reliable than eBay. (Plus you always have the chance of finding a trade)
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:36 pm

RiotAct wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:
well come on you always have expressobeans, which is usually a little cheaper and a whole lot more reliable than eBay. (Plus you always have the chance of finding a trade)
True.
With Miss Bugs Parlour, MBW Smile silver ($620), and Hush Twin, I'm BROKE!
Have to snag one in trade.
I've created a thread with some sweet trades. Maybe?
MBW. I know, right.
Fairey.
No one is interested...
One sold yesterday for $160. So it seems I may be able to pick one up in a few weeks for $140ish. Maybe?

Edit: Since I'm not a 'true' Stout Fan, I keep forgetting about his lottery chances.
(maybe I'll get one for cost.) I'm not a gambler, so I'm not counting on the lucky lotto moment.
We shall see.

Also, WWest, don't mind my post, I get a little bitter sometimes. Just roll your eyes and move along.
WallyWest78
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:09 am

ottomatik71 wrote: Keep check on that arrogance.

Also, WWest, don't mind my post, I get a little bitter sometimes. Just roll your eyes and move along.
:roll:

No worries lol. Sorry you missed out dude but I'm sure someone will hook you up :) Lots of good folks here. I wasn't being arrogant, I just hate that there's gonna be people getting ripped off left and right when trying to get this poster.
GO HABS GO!!!
mgiatrakos
Art Expert

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Hello all. I am new to the game and hooked. Whats this "lottery"? I joined the mailing list on Stouts site. Does he only send signed edition invitations to random people?
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:13 pm

mgiatrakos wrote:Hello all. I am new to the game and hooked. Whats this "lottery"? I joined the mailing list on Stouts site. Does he only send signed edition invitations to random people?
It's nothing but a rumor. You'd better pretend you never heard about it. :wink:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
mgiatrakos
Art Expert

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:21 pm

KSUvet wrote:
mgiatrakos wrote:Hello all. I am new to the game and hooked. Whats this "lottery"? I joined the mailing list on Stouts site. Does he only send signed edition invitations to random people?
It's nothing but a rumor. You'd better pretend you never heard about it. :wink:
heard about what? ;)
nigrone
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:44 pm

virtualmert wrote:lolerskates

im more of a ROLFCOPTER kinda guy :D
Super_Dank_Nugz
Art Expert

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:37 pm

Is everyone still waiting on shipping confirmation from Mondo?
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:38 pm

Super_Dank_Nugz wrote:Is everyone still waiting on shipping confirmation from Mondo?
yup..should be shipping this week
WallyWest78
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Interesting that 70+ of these have sold.... before even 1 has been shipped. Sometimes I don't like the poster game.
GO HABS GO!!!
Trailrated
New User

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Noob here! Can someone please explain to me how Stout's poster sales work? (Well at least his movie posters) I've been to his webpage and saw the Kill Bill and now Captain America posters and they both have said 'coming soon' on his page. I'm on his mailing list but don't get notified of the sales. I've gathered that they are dropped on another site, correct? Please educate me! Thank you! -T
virtualmert
Art Expert

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Trailrated wrote:Noob here! Can someone please explain to me how Stout's poster sales work? (Well at least his movie posters) I've been to his webpage and saw the Kill Bill and now Captain America posters and they both have said 'coming soon' on his page. I'm on his mailing list but don't get notified of the sales. I've gathered that they are dropped on another site, correct? Please educate me! Thank you! -T
for big posters he does a lottery. If you are on the mailing list, you should get details on how to enter.
:cautiously removes pants: