Invader - Rubik Masterpiece Lichtenstein

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
Apollo
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:31 pm

ochromic wrote:
rhythmgtr5 wrote:Did POW not send out a release email for this? I completely dropped the ball :hanging:
Did you check your spam folder? I did not think I got an email either because I got the email from POW about Anthony Lister the other day so I knew I was still signed up on their mailing list, but then I checked my spam folder today and I found the email for this release in there. Thought that was kind of odd that gmail filtered that newsletter as spam, but not the one about Anthony Lister. :evil:
alison03
Art Expert

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Apollo wrote:
ochromic wrote:
rhythmgtr5 wrote:Did POW not send out a release email for this? I completely dropped the ball :hanging:
Did you check your spam folder? I did not think I got an email either because I got the email from POW about Anthony Lister the other day so I knew I was still signed up on their mailing list, but then I checked my spam folder today and I found the email for this release in there. Thought that was kind of odd that gmail filtered that newsletter as spam, but not the one about Anthony Lister. :evil:
I just went through my spam folder and it's definitely not there but like you, got the Lister email the other day (I have gmail too). Very odd.
FOODRAP
Art Expert

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:16 pm

big friggin deal, the email is sent as the print goes live, unless your in front of your computer/laptop/ipad/ or have yer phone in hand.....

the email is just a reminder that you missed out...
sidewaysscott
Art God

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:28 pm

i'll be happy to forward anyone the email if they'd like :wink:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
spagucci1
Art Expert

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:30 pm

FOODRAP wrote:
Not really true. The print was available for roughly 2 hours. You had to be f5'ing until you got lucky that a print was available.
jojobadass
Art Freak

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:32 pm

As soon as I got the emal I nabbed it
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:32 pm

FOODRAP wrote:big friggin deal, the email is sent as the print goes live, unless your in front of your computer/laptop/ipad/ or have yer phone in hand.....

Yeah, not true. Lot of ball scratchers on this one, people released from their carts for quite a while. I got the email, went to POW and picked one up quite a while (almost two hours) after it went live. It took many, many refreshes before I could cart one.
:clap:
Last edited by samuraiwriter on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
audubon
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:38 pm

We won't see these stateside for at least for another month. Really pumped to get dis print framed up!
:clap:
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:43 pm

:pint:
Last edited by samuraiwriter on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alison03
Art Expert

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Oh yeah I was just surprised that I didn't receive the email as I always have previously, and then received the Lister on a few days ago.

And indeed - I did still manage to cart one without it a few hours later and was trying to help another eb'er.
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Apollo wrote:
ochromic wrote:
It was in my spam folder - so heartbreaking. I got the Lister email as well but that didn't go to spam. Someday I'll land an invader
FOODRAP
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:37 am

truth be told, I dont see this one holding value in the long run, I mean the embossing is the only thing that makes it that much more desirable but the image if i can remember was continuously bashed on this an many other a forum... now that a few took a chance and spent a little more than they expected got a nice chi-ching! to complement the risk factor, but all in all, do you love the image? will your lady let you hang the image of another woman on the wall? is it worth the argument and the explanation? Explain what the image means and the message behind it.. please could someone help me out on this one....

with all that said, i will still end up paying more than most did to cop this print...
jumpinjeza
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:50 am

you wouldn't be bashing this print so you could get it cheapier now would you foodie? 8)
trarex wrote:I find this very disturbing.
The only adult in that video is a black guy hanging out with the whitest 12 year olds on the planet.
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:52 am

GTFOHWTBS!!!
this aggression will not stand, man.
FOODRAP
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:30 am

just saying what was said in the beginning, i wanted it from first glance, but was out in st maarten enjoying a much needed vacation and not really connected to the going ons.. like i said i want the print, i dont need it, i need a home lego silver nad white more than i need oh alright, i own six invader prints, theres plenty i dont have and wont ever get...
but can anyone tell the story behind the image? i get the Kiss of Death twist from DFACE but dont see the meaning or wittiness in this one.

not bashing a print i want either...

without the quotes... first five or so posts.

shoeless
Art Connoisseur

Postby mazdog on Tue May 31, 2011 4:49 pm
I really dig Invader's stuff (like one looks great) but I just can't justify paying the price it goes for. Anyone know what this will be going for...roughly?

mazdog
Art Connoisseur

Postby VestboyMyst on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:14 pm

mazdog wrote:I really dig Invader's stuff (like one looks great) but I just can't justify paying the price it goes for. Anyone know what this will be going for...roughly?

agree. i was tricked into it with mbw, wont make a similar mistake

VestboyMyst
Art Enthusiast

Postby s_k_y on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:26 pm

VestboyMyst wrote:

mazdog wrote:I really dig Invader's stuff (like one looks great) but I just can't justify paying the price it goes for. Anyone know what this will be going for...roughly?

agree. i was tricked into it with mbw, wont make a similar mistake

You raise a good point about being "tricked" into it with MBW but Invader is in a whole different league. He's been doing his thing consistently for decades and is pretty much a legend when it comes to the world of street art. He's well respected and well backed by many of the "power players" in the street art world so while the prices are high, they are like that because his work deserves to be priced to market whereas MBW is just trying cash in for as much as he can.

As an Invader fan, I don't really care for this print all that much and will probably be passing on it. Good luck to those trying. :D

s_k_y
Art Expert

@lifeonwalls