A Perfect Vacuum 11 Geddes Release Discussion 05/29/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:03 pm

I do that too, it was my mother-in-law that was here though. That proves to me that they never even try and see if anyone's home. If it's a regular tube, they do just leave it on my porch out of the rain though, so i guess i can't really complain.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
rmoore
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:07 pm

I had to chase the mail carrier down the street in my car a few weeks ago for my Kill Bill. No note, nothing. He says "oh, thanks, you saved me the trip of having to go back."

I gave him a solid whack to the side of the knee with that 4" Yazoo tube — Nancy Kerrigan style.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:10 pm

rmoore wrote:I had to chase the mail carrier down the street in my car a few weeks ago for my Kill Bill. No note, nothing. He says "oh, thanks, you saved me the trip of having to go back."

I gave him a solid whack to the side of the knee with that 4" Yazoo tube — Nancy Kerrigan style.
And dinged your new bonus Akria! :shock: you need to start carrying a crow bar.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
rmoore
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:11 pm

It was worth it. He puts a frickin' bow on every tube now and hands it to me when I get home.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:15 pm

rmoore wrote:It was worth it. He puts a frickin' bow on every tube now and hands it to me when I get home.
HA!
ImageX5 Hodor Image
Baker
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:09 pm

I ran into my mail man when he was dropping a tube off last week and we came to a good understanding of what he should and should not to.

If it fits between the doors (All tubes fit there) leave it, if for some reason it doesnt, leave a tag for me to pick it up. Would rather that than something get wet or walk off.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
srdzevon
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

That's good that he/she's willing to do that for you. I've got a nice covered porch and don't worry about stuff walking off. I've left my front door and my garage door open while no one was at home all day by mistake and nothing happened. So I just wish they would leave EVERYTHING there. I understand about the signature confirmation stuff though. And to be honest, 95% of the time no one's home so I see why she didn't even check. I guess I can't be too mad. I just really want to see this print!
ImageX5 Hodor Image
alison03
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:32 pm

my tracking that they sent me on June 1st finally went from saying there wasn't any record of my number to:

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

I think I'm still a ways off. I dig all the pics to tide me over though!! :)
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:27 pm

Mine's been stuck in Vancouver customs for 3 days. So maybe I'll get it on Friday.
kingofprussia
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:39 am

FYI, my tracking info had been giving me pre-shipment status until it was actually delivered yesterday. so moral of the story, it may suddenly show up at which time the status changes to 'delivered'. Nice print. Unfortunately its trapped in the tube indefinitely since its too big for my large portfolio.
student42
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:43 pm

kingofprussia wrote:FYI, my tracking info had been giving me pre-shipment status until it was actually delivered yesterday. so moral of the story, it may suddenly show up at which time the status changes to 'delivered'. Nice print. Unfortunately its trapped in the tube indefinitely since its too big for my large portfolio.
Here's a weird idea. I don't want to freak anyone out with my radical and unconventional idealisms, but bare with me for a second. ......................
How about framing it and hanging it on your wall.
ImageI like pie!
kingofprussia
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:01 pm

student42 wrote:
kingofprussia wrote:FYI, my tracking info had been giving me pre-shipment status until it was actually delivered yesterday. so moral of the story, it may suddenly show up at which time the status changes to 'delivered'. Nice print. Unfortunately its trapped in the tube indefinitely since its too big for my large portfolio.
Here's a weird idea. I don't want to get too wild and crazy all at once with my radical and unconventional idealisms, but bare with me for a second. ......................
How about framing it and hanging it on you wall.
i guess that could be an option for some but if you've been in this hobby for as many years as i have then you would understand the concept of zero wallspace and several prints in my queue that are nicer (imo) than this print. some prints higher in queue you may ask? a banksy, a keyes, an invader, and a parla. is the requirement now in order to purchase a print you must now frame it upon delivery?
dylanosaur
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:20 pm

After waiting a half hour for the lady at the post office to find my tube, it has finally arrived in my hands. #153. :D
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:27 pm

kingofprussia wrote: some prints higher in queue you may ask? a banksy, a keyes, an invader, and a parla. is the requirement now in order to purchase a print you must now frame it upon delivery?
you have a big poster penis!
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:50 am

ErocAfellar wrote:
kingofprussia wrote: some prints higher in queue you may ask? a banksy, a keyes, an invader, and a parla. is the requirement now in order to purchase a print you must now frame it upon delivery?
you have a big poster penis!
he gives good paper cut.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."