Juxtapose 11 Mr Brainwash Release Discussion 05/20/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 7:19 pm

heathunter881 wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:I'm still waiting on an explanation as to why KAWS is relevant? What has he done as an artist that's considered ground-breaking? And you're more than a little naive if you think that the 'art brokers' around Hollywood and LA know much more than peeps on these boards. Banksy is the obvious choice for all since Barely Legal, but beyond that, it's a toss-up. I'm not a fan of MBW (as many can attest) and I want to like KAWS. That said, I have yet to see ANYTHING from KAWS that inspires. As far as your bank account in 20 years, you better start buying up OG's 'cause I just don't see a spongebob screen print selling for Banksy $$$ as Sotheby's anytime soon :lol:
what do you mean by ground-breaking? banksy was never ground-breaking with stencil design and yet people gravitates to his images like he's the first person to do it. for the record, cavemen were the first graffiti artist. furthermore, thought provocative images or images that makes you laugh was done years ago before banksy ever came to the scene. personally i think banksy is just the MBW of the UK. sure he has more artistic merit but if you asked someone that's not in the art scene i bet they wouldn't be able to tell you the difference.

btw, RIP Macho Man Randy Savage!
If you don't see the overall genius in Banksy's body of works since '98, then we don't have anything to discuss...
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
virtualmert
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 7:19 pm

Seems like the people that hype MBW and others are more concerned about the monetary value and the size of their bank accounts more than anything. This has nothing to do with art. Ill take a hand drawn gig poster by kevin tong over a twenty minute Photoshop by MBW's lackeys any day.
:cautiously removes pants:
SteveKai
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 7:20 pm

dundun,
how long have you been a "pro" art collector? Of which artists do you own originals?
hellosir
Art Freak

Fri May 20, 2011 7:21 pm

KAWS has stuff at the MOCA show
No smart person would attempt to invalidate his importance within the scene of street art
heathunter881

Fri May 20, 2011 7:23 pm

comountaingolf wrote:If you don't see the overall genius in Banksy's body of works since '98, then we don't have anything to discuss...
it's not that i don't get it, i do. i just don't see what's so special about it. i only started following his work in 05, so if he was doing something groundbreaking in 98 then i missed it. i do admit his messages are funny tho
spagucci1
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Let me assure you, Dun's collection is far from crap. Just because he doesn't list his collection on EB does not mean his collection is crap. Even I don't list my entire collection here. What's the point to that? There is none. Or he could be like Gonzo and keep his hoard of concert and gig posters "private".
comountaingolf wrote:
dundun wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:I'm still waiting on an explanation as to why KAWS is relevant? What has he done as an artist that's considered ground-breaking? And you're more than a little naive if you think that the 'art brokers' around Hollywood and LA know much more than peeps on these boards. Banksy is the obvious choice for all since Barely Legal, but beyond that, it's a toss-up. I'm not a fan of MBW (as many can attest) and I want to like KAWS. That said, I have yet to see ANYTHING from KAWS that inspires. As far as your bank account in 20 years, you better start buying up OG's 'cause I just don't see a spongebob screen print selling for Banksy $$$ as Sotheby's anytime soon :lol:
You're NAIVE to think that they DON'T know more than people around here. That's probably the dumbest thing i've ever heard on ANY board about art at ANY TIME and you're not even worthy of a reply anymore cuz I see what I'm dealing with. You're basically saying the PROS don't know fudge, but WE do. Jesus drymounting christ.
DunDun. You pretty much dumb dumb. And c'mon, you about as much of a PRO as the chick who cleans out the office bathroom at the end of the day. Or would that be an engineer? :lol:

P.S. And seriously, your collection is CRAP :wink:
Last edited by spagucci1 on Fri May 20, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dundun
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 20, 2011 7:25 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
dundun wrote:
You're NAIVE to think that they DON'T know more than people around here. That's probably the dumbest thing i've ever heard on ANY board about art at ANY TIME and you're not even worthy of a reply anymore cuz I see what I'm dealing with. You're basically saying the PROS don't know fudge, but WE do. Jesus drymounting christ.
DunDun. You pretty much dumb dumb. And c'mon, you about as much of a PRO as the chick who cleans out the office bathroom at the end of the day. Or would that be an engineer? :lol:

Jesus drymounting christ you can't even read. See what I'm dealing with here. I didn't say I was a PRO, and I was referring to people who buy and sell art for a living. ***Face Palm*** Over and out. Sad you two douchebags have CO ties. The state is cool, but the people here drymounting suck balls.
heathunter881

Fri May 20, 2011 7:26 pm

virtualmert wrote:Seems like the people that hype MBW and others are more concerned about the monetary value and the size of their bank accounts more than anything. This has nothing to do with art. Ill take a hand drawn gig poster by kevin tong over a twenty minute Photoshop by MBW's lackeys any day.
whenever you deal with collectors money is always involved. i know some people here despise that but that's just the way we do things. it's actually a combination of aesthetics and investment, at least to me it is.
heathunter881

Fri May 20, 2011 7:27 pm

spagucci1 wrote:Let me assure you, Dun's collection is far from crap. Just because he doesn't list his collection on EB does not mean his collection is crap. Even I don't list my entire collection here. What's the point to that? There is none. Or he could be like Gonzo and keep his hoard of concert and gig posters "private".
amen to that. i too don't post my entire collection on eb.
treejam1
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 7:28 pm

LaunchPad wrote:drymount the Giant
haha ne first post donkey
gonzo303
Art Freak

Fri May 20, 2011 7:29 pm

spagucci1 wrote:Let me assure you, Dun's collection is far from crap. Just because he doesn't list his collection on EB does not mean his collection is crap. Even I don't list my entire collection here. What's the point to that? There is none. Or he could be like Gonzo and keep his hoard of concert and gig posters "private".
Don't lie your whole shitty collection is on EB.

P.S. You should just stay at thegiant.
Last edited by gonzo303 on Fri May 20, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Same fudge, different drop.
alngtheway
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 20, 2011 7:29 pm

the self-righteousness in this thread is unbelievable.
treejam1
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 7:30 pm

in other news the world is ending tomorrow.......
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Is this the Cerberus thread?
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 7:31 pm

dundun wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
dundun wrote: You're NAIVE to think that they DON'T know more than people around here. That's probably the dumbest thing i've ever heard on ANY board about art at ANY TIME and you're not even worthy of a reply anymore cuz I see what I'm dealing with. You're basically saying the PROS don't know fudge, but WE do. Jesus drymounting christ.

Jesus drymounting christ you can't even read. See what I'm dealing with here. I didn't say I was a PRO, and I was referring to people who buy and sell art for a living. ***Face Palm*** Over and out. Sad you two douchebags have CO ties. The state is cool, but the people here drymounting suck balls.
Hey dumbassssssss. You're the one who said he/she/it was a PRO. See above for BOLD italics. I love morons that couldn't talk there way out of a pill box... and I know for a fact that CO will be a MUCH better place sans jerkoffs like yourself :wink:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <