Evacuation I 09 Keyes Release Discussion 03/22/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:01 pm

dmm8878 wrote:just got my shipping notice.
+1
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:22 pm

rhythmgtr5 wrote:
MillerTime04 wrote:Got mine in the mail today , the print job blows Totem II out of the water .

# 63-67 :D

How does it compare to the print quality on Sowing? Pics please :drool:
I didn't put them side by side , just going off first impressions and I would say it is comparable to Sowing , I'll put some pics up after work .

Please feel free to edit your post where you quote my typos :lol: :lol:
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:27 pm

MillerTime04 wrote:
I didn't put them side by side , just going off first impressions and I would say it is comparable to Sowing , I'll put some pics up after work .

Please feel free to edit your post where you quote my typos :lol: :lol:
Done.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the quality difference between Totem 2 and Sowing. No one seems to mention it but I think it's quite noticeable
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:10 pm

MillerTime04 wrote:Got mine in the mail today , the print job blows Totem II out of the water .

# 63-67 :D
argh, now you're making me think of buying a 4th for trade bait. I bought 1 for me, 2 for gifts.
retter
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:25 pm

hirschy75 wrote:
sixstringer wrote:People must be buyin 1 to keep and 2 to flip. There are going to be a ton of these on Ebay....I bet some selling for less than face.
It seems like almost everyone who has said they're buying more than 2 has also included the word gift somewhere in their post, as these would be great gifts, so I'm not sure about that
either way, check the sales history for totem II and tell me how many sold for less than face. a good buy whatever your motives.
Catarax
Art Expert

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:27 pm

i got one for my bathroom to go with totem.. and one to put on the side.. sue me..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
smokeycat
Art Expert

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:19 pm

Catarax wrote:i got one for my bathroom to go with totem.. and one to put on the side.. sue me..
all that flooding make you want to go huh? :wink:
ImageImageImage
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:16 am

some of the close ups are tough to get super clear

I am quite pleased with my purchase to say the least
haven
Art Expert

Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:18 am

Nice to hear these look better than totem, I wasn't thrilled with how those looked.
hirschy75
Art Expert

Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:42 am

haven wrote:Nice to hear these look better than totem, I wasn't thrilled with how those looked.
Does weaving look just as bad as totem?
reminder: ink on paper
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:59 am

hirschy75 wrote:
haven wrote:Nice to hear these look better than totem, I wasn't thrilled with how those looked.

I wouldnt say Totem looks bad, just not as defined as some of Joshes work , weaving is very nice imo
fluffhead
Art Expert

Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:07 am

hirschy75 wrote:
The print quality on totem is the same as on weaving, I have yet to see Evacuation so I cannot comment of that
As for the artwork I like totem better than weaving, and cannot wait for evacuation
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:09 am

fluffhead wrote:
hirschy75 wrote:
The print quality on totem is the same as on weaving, I have yet to see Evacuation so I cannot comment of that
As for the artwork I like totem better than weaving, and cannot wait for evacuation

i dont agree at all , weaving is much more detailed and intricate as far as quality of printing , I do belive weaving was also printed by LAG was it not ? Totem was printed directly by TS.

My fav mini Keyes is still my Totem IV show card , it is seriously suberb .
fluffhead
Art Expert

Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:23 am

I'm not sure who printed weaving - I picked it up secondhand a few years ago.
I may think less of the print job than you due to my dislike of the image overall, Weaving is probably one of my least favorite Keyes images along with The Call and Watcher.

Nonetheless I can see no difference in the print quality between the two. Can't wait for Evacuation though
Last edited by fluffhead on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:32 am

MillerTime04 wrote:
fluffhead wrote:
hirschy75 wrote:
i dont agree at all , weaving is much more detailed and intricate as far as quality of printing , I do belive weaving was also printed by LAG was it not ? Totem was printed directly by TS.

My fav mini Keyes is still my Totem IV show card , it is seriously suberb .
Are we talking print quality or image quality??? For example: I think Sowers is so stunning partially because the OG was HUGE so when you shrink it down to print size the detail looks amazingly sharp. Totem, not so much. It has nothing to do with the actual printing. Also, the paper plays a major factor too. I assume Totem & Weaving have the same paper???
Last edited by sixstringer on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.