One Love 11 Mr. Brainwash Release Discussion 03/18/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:06 pm

I just don't understand...
MBW prints have been outstanding with the quilty of their prints.
It seems odd that their quality of printing would go down as the selling price has gone up.
I did not want to think of MBW as being more concerned with the funds than the fundamentals.
This sucks.
I'm scared to take mine out of the tube when it arrives.
dmm has informed me that my print has a 'streak' below his bottom.

They should have disposed of this first batch and created a new edition.

Oh well, I am very happy with the image and very happy about dmm being a real peep and helping me get this.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:20 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:I just don't understand...
It seems odd that their quality of printing would go down as the selling price has gone up.
I did not want to think of MBW as being more concerned with the funds than the fundamentals.
This sucks.

Oh well, I am very happy with the image and very happy about dmm being a real peep and helping me get this.
Ditto. I got lucky with mine. I understand minor flaws may exist but fudge. Especially for a $250 print.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
cripplethreat
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:50 am

Mine also has flaws.. I am gonna email them too.
Tadrules
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:01 am

idiots.
If you use ULINE tubes, please don't pm me about trades or sales.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:54 am

You were all warned of the printing problems, in an oh so eloquent way. You can feel good about your donation though.
jumpinjeza
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:38 am

halftonegraphics wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:I just don't understand...
This sucks.

Ditto. I got lucky with mine. I understand minor flaws may exist but fudge. Especially for a $250 print.
I don't think hes concerned with the funds as I'm pretty sure he donated all proceeds to Japan to help the people affected by the tsunami but I could be wrong
trarex wrote:I find this very disturbing.
The only adult in that video is a black guy hanging out with the whitest 12 year olds on the planet.
FOODRAP
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:59 am

Looks to me that they couldnt understand the gradient blend of colors. Maybe the paint hadnt dried? maybe the paper got wet? no time to dry? there could be a host of reasons, one i'm thinking is someone said: " F*ck'em, its a charity print if they buy it to resell then they have to deal with it then.." who knows, who cares, i got a crystal clear copy.. will post pics in a few..on another note.. received my mbw, JK and choe japan prints but no Obey as if yet :(
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:09 am

JumpinJ- I was not only pointing out the charity print, but the 'disclaimer' was posted for the Shoe and the Papi/Nana print.
Sounds like they are not so concerned about quality anymore.
(which used to be one of the crews biggest asset)
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:48 am

mllk wrote:Totally unacceptable. Emailed them Friday, has not gotten a reply
don't expect a favorable response, unless you want a refund...
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:05 am

outside sales is no joking matter!
Barnsley
Art Enthusiast

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:50 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:JumpinJ- I was not only pointing out the charity print, but the 'disclaimer' was posted for the Shoe and the Papi/Nana print.
Sounds like they are not so concerned about quality anymore.
(which used to be one of the crews biggest asset)
Now that MBW has disappointed you again, you can throw a hissy fit and sell your cover girl and get out of MBW stock again! :lol:

I think Brainwash said, 'drymount those ebeans members and give them a drymounted up print, heh heh'. Genius with the disclaimer as well!
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:01 pm

I think the disclaimer was more intended to read as, "We are doing a split fountain in the background and though you can control it, we might be a little loose in our techniques and all of them may not look exactly the same." I don't think it was intended as, "We are doing a split fountain in the background and we could care less if there are flaws." Again, if they did a flat with a halftone layer over, then that would have been controlled and all would appear the same.

I think overall it's just a QC issue.

Again, was this the first split fountain MBW has offered?
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
mllk
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:09 pm

So, I got a response back from mbw. sigh..

Dear mllk

I received your email regarding your print and I am sorry but we had specified on the email that each print had a unique and different background. There is nothing wrong with your print and the majority of the prints that were shipped out have those "splotches".
Thank You

~Life is Beautiful!~
cripplethreat
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:12 pm

mllk wrote:So, I got a response back from mbw. sigh..

Dear mllk

I received your email regarding your print and I am sorry but we had specified on the email that each print had a unique and different background. There is nothing wrong with your print and the majority of the prints that were shipped out have those "splotches".
Thank You

~Life is Beautiful!~

So it's not even worth me emailing them.
geebee
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:15 pm

The 'splotch' on mine looks just like what ya'll are posting in your pics, just not with a complete horizontal line, just the very left side. It's like 1/4 'the kite' at the end of that paint brush.

It's pretty lame that they think of this as a "value add" because whenever I see the print my eye goes right to the line. :hanging: