Star Wars Set 10 Stout Release Discussion 12/31/10

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
ohnine
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:39 pm

i guess no emails for today. too much dancing last night....
User avatar
maden
Art Expert
Posts: 8257
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: Del Boca Vista

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:54 pm

It is only 2 PM for Tyler...


Everyone needs to relax.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

Image
User avatar
alteridiom
Art Expert
Posts: 5330
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:23 am
Location: Tennessee

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:14 pm

Info is up on Stout's blog now.
Small town pizza lawyer
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52672
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Q: Can I buy both regular and variant sets, if picked in the lottery?
A: depends on how many people enter the lottery. if i have 2 people enter, they can buy as many as they want. if i have a lot of people enter, i might limit you to just the regular or variant set.
Oh Tyler, if you only knew.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
veltri
Art Expert
Posts: 4573
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:26 pm

I like that he is giving everyone interested a chance at an artist print!
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
Image
User avatar
srdzevon
Art Expert
Posts: 8166
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: AL
Contact:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Q: Can I buy both regular and variant sets, if picked in the lottery?
A: depends on how many people enter the lottery. if i have 2 people enter, they can buy as many as they want. if i have a lot of people enter, i might limit you to just the regular or variant set.
Oh Tyler, if you only knew.
I'm pretty sure it's going to be 1 per. 8)
ImageX5 Hodor Image
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52672
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:33 pm

I'm pretty sure he's going to exceed the capacity of his gmail account.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
RupertPupkin
Art Expert
Posts: 6557
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Leeds, UK

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:42 pm

It's the hope I can't stand.
User avatar
ipath2003
Art Expert
Posts: 2538
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 12:00 am

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:43 pm

regular sets for $375, variant sets for $475.

WOW thats a BIG increase. :shock:
because i have much less to sell than usual. i figured out what i needed to make on em, the time spent on them, and that's the number i came up with.
User avatar
barnstormeffect
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:21 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:48 pm

big increase.... but they will be signed... and artist prints in the mix too
User avatar
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4986
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:02 pm

...and they're still less expensive than the secondary market.

Don't complain. Tyler is a badass and usually sells them for face even when they're flipping for 4x - good for him for finally making a little bit extra.
User avatar
charter
Art Expert
Posts: 9826
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 am
Location: Denver, John Denver
Contact:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:04 pm

He has nearly 90 to sell, a lot of people are going to be happy tomorrow. I want a variant set so here's hoping!
User avatar
desch
Art Expert
Posts: 3236
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:15 am
Location: Denver

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:05 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:...and they're still less expensive than the secondary market.

Don't complain. Tyler is a badass and usually sells them for face even when they're flipping for 4x - good for him for finally making a little bit extra.
Yes, good luck finding a complete of set of all 6 signed and numbered for $850 on the bay. Or for that matter $375 for a reg and $475 for a variant set.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
User avatar
OtisMcfluster
Art Expert
Posts: 1721
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:00 am

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:19 pm

desch wrote:
daviddelgadoh wrote:...and they're still less expensive than the secondary market.

Don't complain. Tyler is a badass and usually sells them for face even when they're flipping for 4x - good for him for finally making a little bit extra.
Yes, good luck finding a complete of set of all 6 signed and numbered for $850 on the bay. Or for that matter $375 for a reg and $475 for a variant set.
That may be pretty close to what they will be going for after Tyler's sale--only about $200 more right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0074663186

Or prices might jump because those looking to score from Tyler and don't, will only have ebay to pick them up.
User avatar
desch
Art Expert
Posts: 3236
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:15 am
Location: Denver

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:23 pm

OtisMcfluster wrote:
desch wrote:
daviddelgadoh wrote:...and they're still less expensive than the secondary market.

Don't complain. Tyler is a badass and usually sells them for face even when they're flipping for 4x - good for him for finally making a little bit extra.
Yes, good luck finding a complete of set of all 6 signed and numbered for $850 on the bay. Or for that matter $375 for a reg and $475 for a variant set.
That may be pretty close to what they will be going for after Tyler's sale--only about $200 more right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0074663186

Or prices might jump because those looking to score from Tyler and don't, will only have ebay to pick them up.
Possibly, but I doubt those were signed unless one of the charity sale people sold those.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
Post Reply