Widespread Panic Denver 10 Sperry Release Discussion

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
jojobadass
Art God

Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:57 pm

They're B team at best.

More like C team.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
itsdug
Art Expert

Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:10 am

comountaingolf wrote:Never heard of The Special Sauce. Seen G Love many times, got baked with the entire band back behind the Uptown Bar back in '94 when they were touring for their first release G Love & Special Sauce. DB is right, 'Panic is wrong. No excuses, no exceptions, there is no THE :lol:
Saw them the first time in 94 as well and have been a fan ever since. Panic's website even says G. Love and Special Sauce.
no comment ®
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:16 am

After the set break, G Love got on stage and was like 'Yo, just wanna thank those guys out back that got us sooo high' and busted into Blues Music. Too drymounting classic!
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
itsdug
Art Expert

Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:20 am

Still their best record in my opinion.
no comment ®
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:28 am

itsdug wrote:Still their best record in my opinion.
Without a doubt...
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:30 am

itsdug wrote:Still their best record in my opinion.
i like cold beverages, i like cold beverages...and posters with errors on them! :lol:
woodyland
Art Expert

Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:15 pm

error schmerror. 'the' Grateful Dead ring a bell?
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
itsdug
Art Expert

Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:46 pm

In this day and age research is too easy.
no comment ®
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:48 pm

I would purposely screw up their name too.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:51 pm

Hold the sauce thanks...
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Hey woody, you mean Greatful Dead, as in this FD-022 poster by two guys named Mouse & Kelley who should have know how to spell the band's name?
14x22.39a.jpg
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
edgar
Art Expert

Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:46 pm

turnJBup wrote:Hold the poster thanks...
I will. :twisted:
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:35 pm

woodyland wrote:error schmerror. 'the' Grateful Dead ring a bell?
G Love & Special Sauce ring a bell? Sorry bud, but I've known 'em since they started out and there is no 'the' in team :lol:
> THC X 9 <
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:21 pm

Greetings T... long time no talk homie. Let me know if you are hitting any local shows.... I need to get out!

I don't consider it an error at all.
Don't think the band would either...
Pretty minor compared to all the people that spell amphitheater wrong. :lol:
They are the supporting act.... fortunate to be on the poster, and lucky to get the gig.
A lot of fans were bummed in '98 when Panic's shows were limited to one set to squeeze in some hip hop, and are probably still sour.
Never forget the look on JB's face when one of the dancers was humping his leg in Vegas... hilarious.
woodyland
Art Expert

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:29 am

Rick_a_c wrote:Hey woody, you mean Greatful Dead, as in this FD-022 poster by two guys named Mouse & Kelley who should have know how to spell the band's name?
14x22.39a.jpg
This is the classic misspelled poster & a perfect example how an error can enhance the attraction of a particular piece. Given the year & how long the band was around and it's Mouse & Kelley's first Dead poster I can understand why they weren't familiar w/the correct spelling.
comountaingolf wrote:
G Love & Special Sauce ring a bell? Sorry bud, but I've known 'em since they started out and there is no 'the' in team :lol:
Sorry bud, but no, never heard of 'em before. :oops:

I tho't of more examples: the Beatles, the Doors, the Rolling Stones, just to name a few. But don't think that I don't get it. Special Sauce is one of those border line names that one may or may not put 'the' in front of. But it's not as clear cut a name as YES, CCR, Pearl Jam, etc so to me it's totally understandable why it's there. But then, I'm not a fan so my opinion is null & void.

After all of this discussion does this mean that I'm not going to get hooked up w/one of these? I know no one personally in Colorado but doggonnit I sure would like to add this to my Sperry collection(public). I have an Emek doodled book & foil just waiting to fly to Denver. Sorry, wrong forum?
Last edited by woodyland on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir