Star Wars 10 Moss Release Discussion 12/20/10

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
adamsmasher
Art Expert

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:45 pm

hey dylansdad, any word yet? seems like a long time to receive your notification...
KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:48 pm

There have been times I got my poster before I got any notification. Hasn't it only been a week since the release? If you bought it, it will come. :)

Unless of course I wait outside your house and steal your tube. :wink: :P
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Got my set today; they look incredible in person! Olly really outdid himself this time. Framing priority #1 for sure.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:51 pm

Is this the most insane demand for and inflated pricing for a Mondo print release ever? Is the silly season a factor? This wasn't even predicted to be so crazy either... Was there ever a Stout in such demand so quickly?

I just wonder will there be another print and artist combo that causes such a stir. Many will say the final SW will be the same if done by Stout, I don't know...

The demand and actual prices being paid for these was really unexpected i think...

(Meanwhile, I'm waiting on my prints to arrive undamaged and just glad tomorrows drop is not as anticipated by many...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:57 pm

rubberneck wrote:Is this the most insane demand for and inflated pricing for a Mondo print release ever? Is the silly season a factor? This wasn't even predicted to be so crazy either... Was there ever a Stout in such demand so quickly?

I just wonder will there be another print and artist combo that causes such a stir. Many will say the final SW will be the same if done by Stout, I don't know...

The demand and actual prices being paid for these was really unexpected i think...

(Meanwhile, I'm waiting on my prints to arrive undamaged and just glad tomorrows drop is not as anticipated by many...)
I expected the demand and prices as soon as I saw the jpgs of the posters. I think many others did as well. We'll see how the purported Stout's stack up, resale-wise. I think it may be similar, but I haven't seen it/them yet.
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
rmoore
Art Expert

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:35 am

thekharmainitiative wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Is this the most insane demand for and inflated pricing for a Mondo print release ever? Is the silly season a factor? This wasn't even predicted to be so crazy either... Was there ever a Stout in such demand so quickly?

I expected the demand and prices as soon as I saw the jpgs of the posters. I think many others did as well. We'll see how the purported Stout's stack up, resale-wise. I think it may be similar, but I haven't seen it/them yet.
I don't think anyone expected the prices these are going for right now.
Evolution
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:53 am

Mine arrived today undamaged. Flattening now, but I'll take some pics later if nobody else has yet.
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:25 am

Evolution wrote:Mine arrived today undamaged. Flattening now, but I'll take some pics later if nobody else has yet.
please do.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
Evolution
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:18 am

RiotAct wrote:
Evolution wrote:Mine arrived today undamaged. Flattening now, but I'll take some pics later if nobody else has yet.
please do.
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... start=7511
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:28 am

rmoore wrote:
thekharmainitiative wrote:

I don't think anyone expected the prices these are going for right now.
Yeah, maybe it's all hindsight, but these have a lot in common with "Locke's Secret" (from a reselling perspective) and that's still going for ~$500. Multiply that by 3 prints and you get the ~$1500 sale prices for the Star Wars set.
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:27 am

adamsmasher wrote:hey dylansdad, any word yet? seems like a long time to receive your notification...
Got my notification tonight! BIG relief. My set might not get here until next week because of the New Year's Holiday, but at least I know it's finally coming.
emac
Art Expert

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:20 pm

dylansdad wrote:
adamsmasher wrote:hey dylansdad, any word yet? seems like a long time to receive your notification...
Got my notification tonight! BIG relief. My set might not get here until next week because of the New Year's Holiday, but at least I know it's finally coming.
I just got my shipping notification yesterday myself -- what a relief, I kept half-expecting a late refund notice. Did the people who've received theirs order from Olly's sale, or has Mondo been sending them out in batches? (I live in Texas, so I often have my Mondo prints within a week or so of ordering them -- but this is holiday-time too...)
Evolution
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:38 pm

emac wrote:
dylansdad wrote:
I just got my shipping notification yesterday myself -- what a relief, I kept half-expecting a late refund notice. Did the people who've received theirs order from Olly's sale, or has Mondo been sending them out in batches? (I live in Texas, so I often have my Mondo prints within a week or so of ordering them -- but this is holiday-time too...)
mondo. Olly said his wouldn't be shipping for about a month.
Tadrules
Art Expert

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:44 pm

the colors suck even harder in person. star wars meets easter sunday. the designs still rock though.
If you use ULINE tubes, please don't pm me about trades or sales.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:16 pm

send them my way for cost if the colors disappoint or the posters have creases :D
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant