The Forest Made Us Talk 10 McCarthy McDowell Release Discuss

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:40 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
woodyland wrote:Damn Kneel, you get everything! :wink:
Sort of like someone else around here. :)
Ya is there anything you don't buy Neil? Man you are a machine!!!
Same fudge, different drop.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:08 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
KNEEL13 wrote:
I'm an addict. I need an intervention. :o :P
cinematical
Art Expert

Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:59 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:
KNEEL13 wrote:
I appreciate your addiction! :D
Tela247
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:45 pm

+1 Just Donated/Funded to the cause. Cant wait to see the print :pint:
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:17 am

KNEEL13 wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:
KNEEL13 wrote:
Isn't the appropriate method for an intervention to take away the addict's crutch? I'll volunteer to get rid of those prints for you. :) Then you can start fresh.
cinematical
Art Expert

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:30 am

The prints are, for whoever has donated so far, packaged and will ship out Monday morning. Also, I was incorrect on two things in the original listings -- it's actually out of an edition of 100, and it's on 100# Cougar Opaque Cover stock (which is a really nice, heavy stock - I'm very pleased how it turned out).
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:04 pm

Mine just arrived cinematical, thanks! Looks very good in person, I look forward to getting this framed up.

Image[
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:07 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:Mine just arrived cinematical, thanks! Looks very good in person, I look forward to getting this framed up.

Image[
print looks decent.

Tragically Hip quote in your sig looks amazing.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
cinematical
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Glad you like the print!

Also, I'm getting word that some of the prints are arriving with creases in them. If this happens to anyone, please email me with photos of the damage. I'm trying to figure out why some prints are arriving damaged and others aren't. Obviously, if your print is damaged I'll replace it.
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:31 pm

cinematical wrote:Glad you like the print!

Also, I'm getting word that some of the prints are arriving with creases in them. If this happens to anyone, please email me with photos of the damage. I'm trying to figure out why some prints are arriving damaged and others aren't. Obviously, if your print is damaged I'll replace it.
My tube was waiting for me when I got home but I didn't have a chance to check it out as I'm out the door for a few days for the holiday. However, I believe the creases could have caused from a couple different reasons just by looking at the tube. First, the tube was thin and could be easily crushed (it had noticeable give when I grabbed it) and secondly, UPS is notorious for crushing prints, it's not really their fault, but they use a conveyor belt system at their sorting facilities and say this little crushable tube was going down the line and then a heavy christmas package (or whatever) followed up and landed on it could easily end up with a crushed tube.Food for thought. Happy holidays!
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
cinematical
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:01 pm

Cbjornson wrote:
cinematical wrote:Glad you like the print!

My tube was waiting for me when I got home but I didn't have a chance to check it out as I'm out the door for a few days for the holiday. However, I believe the creases could have caused from a couple different reasons just by looking at the tube. First, the tube was thin and could be easily crushed (it had noticeable give when I grabbed it) and secondly, UPS is notorious for crushing prints, it's not really their fault, but they use a conveyor belt system at their sorting facilities and say this little crushable tube was going down the line and then a heavy christmas package (or whatever) followed up and landed on it could easily end up with a crushed tube.Food for thought. Happy holidays!
Hmm, didn't know that about UPS. The tubes I bought are pretty solid (it definitely shouldn't have much give), but I can see how a conveyor belt system could lead to problems for anything but bomb-proof tubes. If that turns out to be the problem, then I know not to use UPS anymore. The main reason I used UPS over USPS, even though USPS is cheaper, is I wanted to try to get the prints to most people before Christmas.

I appreciate your info. Definitely let me know if the print inside yours is damaged in any way. I'm going to get to the bottom of this!
maden
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:09 pm

Use Yazoo Mills tubes. Everyone will appreciate it.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

cinematical
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:17 pm

maden wrote:Use Yazoo Mills tubes. Everyone will appreciate it.
Duly noted. Thanks.
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:24 pm

maden wrote:Use Yazoo Mills tubes. Everyone will appreciate it.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
cinematical
Art Expert

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:12 pm

Okay, looks like the problem was more limited than I had feared. Regardless, I've switched to Yazoo Mills tubes.