Michael Franti Spearhead NYC 10 EMEK Release Discussion 10

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:29 pm

hell.... i can do better than 2 inches :whistle:
cardhawks
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:30 pm

anyone order 2 prints?

drymount all if they cram 2 prints in a 1" tube.... that's gonna be a curling iron up the bunghole...
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:30 pm

guess I'm glad they refunded the five extra I ordered.

on a side note.......musictoday sent me posters in a triangular box recently w/ no tube inside.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:34 pm

cardhawks wrote:anyone order 2 prints?

drymount all if they cram 2 prints in a 1" tube.... that's gonna be a curling iron up the bunghole...
yeah.. i ordered two. not here yet
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:42 pm

after all this time why aren't these merch companies taught how to ship right ?

glad I did not order any
lazk
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:49 pm

I ordered 2 and have not received either.

My credit card loves when I call with complaints...
T.K.C.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:53 pm

Hey JoJo,
My last 2 Musictoday orders were shipped in triangular mailers with no tube, no kraft paper, no rubberband around the poster, nothing. They both ended up trying to work their way into the corners of the mailer, so when I took them out, they were both curled into more-or-less a triangular shape. Luckily, they both flattened without a trace of this retarded packaging method.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:57 pm

jojobadass wrote:guess I'm glad they refunded the five extra I ordered.

on a side note.......musictoday sent me posters in a triangular box recently w/ no tube inside.
They couldn't fit them into the tube....... :D

And prints floating around in a triangle isn't much better!

They aren't getting away with this- mine will be returned if it takes a credit card dispute.

Oh well- great art ruined
dr_flie
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:58 pm

I got some Spusta posters in from Band of Horses today and they were in a decent tube safely taped and with craft paper. So some places can get it right enough.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:03 pm

They charged for only 1 shipping- you really think they will send two? No way+
upseeker
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Ouch, got the bends. Nitrogen narcosis, that is!
upseeker
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:31 pm

But, I like the wood edition. It makes the darker colors warmer. :drool:
Did all the posters from Spearhead's site come in WOOD?
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:50 pm

Well.......

it arrived.

Never seen so much fudge stuffed in such a tiny package.

It looked worser than a 300 lb. Beef-a-rilla (body of a cow and face of a gorilla) in some size 12 lycra jeans....

I actually sliced the tiny tube at the end along the seam of the tube and uncurled it off of the poster like a tube of biscuit dough from the refrigerator isle.

FML

Edition of 50 - fingerbanged all to hell.

Postage says they spent almost 5 and half dollars shipping that tiny azzed thing...unbelievable really.
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Hey river,
In addition to asking the Spearhead folks for a refund, are you gonna contact Emek to let him know what happened? If all 50 of these were "packaged" the same way, then they're all destroyed. In this case, maybe Emek would do a run of 50 so everybody who got nailed on this can be made whole with a copy of the poster they were buying. That's the approach I'm thinking of taking... asking Emek to look at these EB threads to see and understand that the situation is most likely the same for everyone who purchased. What a cluster. Maybe mine will arrive in ATL tomorrow.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:50 pm

Nope - 'wont be contacting anyone, never crossed my tiny little pea-sized mind.

I mean, drymount me man, the thing was cheap and the shipping was like 2 bucks. I learned when I was 'bout seven yrs. old in the isle of the candy store...you get what you pay for.

I don't care for whiners...whether they're justified or not - especially when they've no reason to piss and moan.

While there is PLENTY of reason here to bellyache...I look at it like "Buyer Beware".

My purpose for describing the size, condition of the tube was really just so those of you wondering how the drymount to get it out of the tube might do so without jacking the print up even worse.

There are no genuine creases - amazingly enough, nothing the hot table won't fix up in a few minutes flat.

While it certainly is a shame that a cool edition of 50 like this could fall into such amateurish hands; It is what it is.

If you guys file a class action lawsuit, have the attorneys send my 1cent settlement in the form of a contribution to expressobeans.
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.