Van Morrison Santa Barbara 10 EMEK Release Discussion 10/09/

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
User avatar
cardhawks
Art Expert
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:00 am

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:40 pm

biscocrack420 wrote:What exactly defines donkey in this here EB community? And what does one do to join the donkey club?
up and for sale before in hand....
then someone with extreme jealousy has to give you the donkey pin.
I got one a long time ago
User avatar
lightyears2010
Art Expert
Posts: 8918
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 1901 west madison street

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:43 pm

i wish the least of my worries was what some drymounter on an internet message board does with his posters.
User avatar
sasquatch
Art Expert
Posts: 3975
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:00 am

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:07 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:i wish the least of my worries was what some drymounter on an internet message board does with his posters.
+!
Werd
User avatar
aahnutz
EB Team
Posts: 21745
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Some place I'd rather not be...

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:17 pm

This = donkey.
"Emek just outdid himself with one of his best poster in a long time. Best Van Morrison poster ever. The details will be amazing up close.

This is a pre-sale for the regular edition. There is a very slight chance that I'd be the lucky winner of a variant instead of the regular edition. If that happens, I will have to refund your purchase of the regular edition. If buyer is interested in the variant, I will hear your offer, but I can't promise you anything regarding the variant. I would love a variant myself and wouldn't want to sell it easily. Please keep in mind that this auction is for the regular edition and the odds that I receive a regular edition are 95-99%. I will inspect the poster upon reception to confirm it is a regular edition and that it's condition was not altered during shipment."

http://cgi.ebay.com/Van-Morrison-EMEK-S ... _574wt_921
And Jim agrees with me.
turnJBup wrote:I was thinking the same thing when I read that listing... :lol:
Donkey crossing.
I'm not worried about finding one. I know I will eventually. I just don't care to deal with donkeys, that's all.
I think some people around here misinterpret much of what I say. :? Don't understand why. Maybe they're just jackasses. :lol:
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
pspelmo
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:00 am
Location: michigan

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:07 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:i wish the least of my worries was what some drymounter on an internet message board does with his posters.

is that above or below your gay porn collection hiding from the mrs?
User avatar
lightyears2010
Art Expert
Posts: 8918
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 1901 west madison street

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:15 pm

watch your mouth or i'll post the pics of you with the donkey from alpine in '03.
User avatar
Kdh12
Art Freak
Posts: 10796
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Here

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:23 pm

this is why I am selling my collection
mmmm Beer :pint:
User avatar
tranito
Art Expert
Posts: 7996
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Canada

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:26 pm

You are selling your collection because..?
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
User avatar
Kdh12
Art Freak
Posts: 10796
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Here

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:35 pm

because the last two pages

I have lost my interest in all this mess

and it is not just becuase people are idiots and donkeys

irregardless of that fact I have lost my interest
mmmm Beer :pint:
User avatar
bigB_3
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:00 am
Location: ATL

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:44 pm

Kdh12 wrote:because the last two pages

I have lost my interest in all this mess

and it is not just becuase people are idiots and donkeys

irregardless of that fact I have lost my interest
Irregardless is not a word. It is a blend of regardless and irrespective of.

You're making a double-negative word that literally means “without without regard.”

Can't wait to see this print. Carry on. :pint:
User avatar
ceevee
Art Expert
Posts: 7583
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:52 pm

...
Last edited by ceevee on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kdh12
Art Freak
Posts: 10796
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Here

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:32 pm

bigB_3 wrote:
Kdh12 wrote:because the last two pages

I have lost my interest in all this mess

and it is not just becuase people are idiots and donkeys

irregardless of that fact I have lost my interest
Irregardless is not a word. It is a blend of regardless and irrespective of.

You're making a double-negative word that literally means “without without regard.”

Can't wait to see this print. Carry on. :pint:

Definition of IRREGARDLESS
nonstandard : regardless
Usage Discussion of IRREGARDLESS
Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless


:notworthy:
mmmm Beer :pint:
User avatar
woodyland
Art Expert
Posts: 6266
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Los Angeles CA

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:45 pm

Kdh12 wrote:this is why I am selling my collection
After reading the last few posts :iagree:
Not that I am going to. I love this stuff & think EB is a special place to meet & greet & exchange. Yeah, I've f"cked up & called out something I had no right to & you know who you are but sometimes it seems the ugliness goes on & on & on. First post I got called FAILE by two of you bozos just because I was new & just because you could & it makes you feel better. Anyway, I don't ALWAYS live by this:If you've nothing good to say don't say anything at all but trash talking just to one~up the other guy is best saved for the court & there's a reason I stay away from the court.
:offtopic:

Okay, Tuesday & still nothing at the door. When my seven arrive I'll be sure to go thro' them & post appropriate pics of the variants against the regular side~by~side.
:offtopic: again. I disagree w/Merriam's spelling of aint. An apostrophe always takes the place of a letter or sum. Where's the contraction in aint? There aint any so it doesn't get the hash mark. This just proves the point that not everything is perfect, even Merriam~Webster. And please don't argue if it's even a word. Aint's been a word for a while now & new words are added to the dictionary every year.

The above is an example of off~topic harmless banter. Now let's everybody try to get along or keep it to yourself.

Who's ready for some Halloween Candy?!
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir

Image
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15992
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:31 am

Just checked my tracking#
"Out for delivery"
A nice way to begin the day!!
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:00 am
Location: NYC

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:48 am

woodyland...how did u get 7 of this print? or are you referring to a diff print?
Post Reply