Machete 10 Choe Release Discussion 09/10/10

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:24 am

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Machete 10 Choe - 1st

churdiales
Art Expert

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:25 am

wow... so, this IS coming out?

who sells Choe stuff?
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:40 am

I do loves me some Machete! Will pick this up for sure... once we figure out if, when, and where this get's released.

"Machete don't text."
virtualmert
Art Expert

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:44 am

Today september 10th at 6pm westcoast time, David Choe will be releasing an exremely limited amount of the david choe MACHETE prints, they wil be made in a edition of 66. they are 18 x 24 inches (With Borders) they are printed on the finest quality paper, and will be signed by both danny trejo and david choe, and are $300. All sales on this print will be donated to the charity "CANINE COMPASSION". all orders and emails before 6pm will be disregarded, non-stop harrassing emails will be taken off the list, email prince bobby at 6pm friday at bnamba@live.com ...bobby is filling orders in the exact order the emails come in , first come first serve. expect at least 3 weeks for delivery. the first 23 orders will come with an extra special surprise mini print.
:cautiously removes pants:
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:47 am

$300!? Well looks like I'm out.
Brooks
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:17 am

virtualmert wrote:
Today september 10th at 6pm westcoast time, David Choe will be releasing an exremely limited amount of the david choe MACHETE prints, they wil be made in a edition of 66. they are 18 x 24 inches (With Borders) they are printed on the finest quality paper, and will be signed by both danny trejo and david choe, and are $300. All sales on this print will be donated to the charity "CANINE COMPASSION". all orders and emails before 6pm will be disregarded, non-stop harrassing emails will be taken off the list, email prince bobby at 6pm friday at bnamba@live.com ...bobby is filling orders in the exact order the emails come in , first come first serve. expect at least 3 weeks for delivery. the first 23 orders will come with an extra special surprise mini print.
$300 for this print and a Giclee to boot?

Good luck with that...
jojobadass
Art God

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:13 am

pretty cheap for a choe print actually.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
VaricoseShaft
Art Enthusiast

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:59 am

Tell me I lack compassion for canines all you want, but $300 ain't gonna happen. I'm sorry lonely Pug, but no amount of Sarah McLachlan music is going to change my mind.

Pity, though...I was really looking forward to this one.
kushmeja
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Brooks wrote:
virtualmert wrote:

Good luck with that...
A giclee is generally considered better than a screenprint or litho, as it's much higher quality than either. $300 for a Choe print is actually pretty cheap, especially considering it's signed by the star of the movie as well as Choe and comes with a min-print.
Brooks
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:57 pm

kushmeja wrote:
Brooks wrote:
virtualmert wrote:

Good luck with that...
A giclee is generally considered better than a screenprint or litho, as it's much higher quality than either. $300 for a Choe print is actually pretty cheap, especially considering it's signed by the star of the movie as well as Choe and comes with a min-print.
It might be higher quality (although I would dispute that), but as a Photographer, I know exactly what goes into a giclee (ie, ink jet) print, as I make them for clients all the time (albeit of photos, not art)...I Love screen prints more simply because of the skill of the artist that is involved in making them, instead of pushing the button that says "Print"...

THAT is why a screen print is better, imho...because not only does the artist have to make the artwork, but the print ITSELF is a piece of artwork (due to the process)...
kushmeja
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:34 pm

It might be higher quality (although I would dispute that), but as a Photographer, I know exactly what goes into a giclee (ie, ink jet) print, as I make them for clients all the time (albeit of photos, not art)...I Love screen prints more simply because of the skill of the artist that is involved in making them, instead of pushing the button that says "Print"...

THAT is why a screen print is better, imho...because not only does the artist have to make the artwork, but the print ITSELF is a piece of artwork (due to the process)...[/quote]

A giclee is much higher quality than a screenprint hands down - there's nothing to dispute. The range of colors possible with giclee, as well as the continuous ink flow (not dot matrix like an ink jet, but rather a continuous gradient of color change) make it far superior in picking up the subtleties of the original work of art. The printing machines used for giclees cost in the hundreds of thousands dollar range. We were just looking at one for where I work and it was $500K-$600K depending on the options we wanted. With a giclee, you can actually see the texture of the artist's brushwork and the slightest of color changes. Also, the colors and quality hold up longer than traditional prints. I agree with you that screenprinting itself is an art form and is therefore is very desirable, but for fine art reproduction a giclee will look 100 times better.
Catarax
Art Expert

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:44 pm

i respect the abilities of screen printers more so than giclee making.. screen printing takes talent.. yes a giclee has more detail and will look just like the original, but all they do to make it is press print.. they might use some tools to photoshop it or something, but that's about it.. but when it comes to screen printing there are artists out there that use so many screens you couldn't tell what's what, and each layer needs to dry before another is applied, and then there might be some prints with 2 or 3 colors that just amazes you with how simple but complex it is.. i forget the dudes name that uses tons of screens, but Rupert knows, i think, if he could help me out.. or anyone else..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
Brooks
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:52 pm

kushmeja wrote:
brooks wrote:It might be higher quality (although I would dispute that), but as a Photographer, I know exactly what goes into a giclee (ie, ink jet) print, as I make them for clients all the time (albeit of photos, not art)...I Love screen prints more simply because of the skill of the artist that is involved in making them, instead of pushing the button that says "Print"...

THAT is why a screen print is better, imho...because not only does the artist have to make the artwork, but the print ITSELF is a piece of artwork (due to the process)...
kushmeja wrote:A giclee is much higher quality than a screenprint hands down - there's nothing to dispute. The range of colors possible with giclee, as well as the continuous ink flow (not dot matrix like an ink jet, but rather a continuous gradient of color change) make it far superior in picking up the subtleties of the original work of art. The printing machines used for giclees cost in the hundreds of thousands dollar range. We were just looking at one for where I work and it was $500K-$600K depending on the options we wanted. With a giclee, you can actually see the texture of the artist's brushwork and the slightest of color changes. Also, the colors and quality hold up longer than traditional prints. I agree with you that screenprinting itself is an art form and is therefore is very desirable, but for fine art reproduction a giclee will look 100 times better.
I guess what I am saying is that I consider a Screen print to be a higher quality piece of art due to the meticulous amount of detail work that went into making it, albeit not necessarily a physically higher quality print (ie, dpi etc)...