Slash SF 10 Donovan Release Discussion 09/03/10

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:34 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Slash SF 10 Donovan - Onyx

suchanoo
Art Expert

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Anyone received their copy yet?
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994
shut your mouth and open your mind
suchanoo
Art Expert

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Anyone know what is going on here? Haven't received shipping confirmation and had no reply to emails sent to Hanger18 and direct to Ron. Been almost 6 months now.
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994
gds
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:13 pm

Same here. Bought one of the two red Slash posters but never got it. Funny enough I have seen the second one (#2) pop up on eBay twice by now. Considered getting it but by now I am so disapointed by all of this that I do not even want it anymore. Have been buying posters for years but this is the first time I got screwed. Sad really.
Patman6986
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:03 pm

i sent an email to the email address on the paypal receipt last saturday asking whats going on with the onyx art print version i ordered over 6 months ago, still waiting to hear back from someone.

does it seem odd to anyone else that these are not yet sold out, runs of 8, 5 and 3 , and all 3 variants and still available for sale on the website, makes me think it was oversold,
but shouldnt 6 months be more than enough time to figure out that there are none left and remove it from the website and start handing out refunds to those that arent getting one?
just to clarify - everything you own counts - but towards what is up to you. - goldenrose
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:06 pm

WOW... and I thought the wait for Horkey's Suite #2 was taking a while :lol:

Did anyone touch base with Chuck?
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
ricv64
Art Expert

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:42 am

comountaingolf wrote:WOW... and I thought the wait for Horkey's Suite #2 was taking a while :lol:

That is not a Chuck poster
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
gds
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:20 am

ricv64 wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:WOW... and I thought the wait for Horkey's Suite #2 was taking a while :lol:

That is not a Chuck poster

Quite right. I mentioned it once to him but did not wanna bother him further. The man is churning out such fine stuff as of lately that I simply did not wanna distract him. Simply stopped buying Ron's stuff and wrote the money off. At least I now have more to spend on Chuck who turned out to be the way better half of Firehouse without feeling guilty.
lazk
Art Expert

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:12 am

Do they not work together? If Ron is not taking care of his business, it would seem to look bad on "Firehouse" in general. Do they still work side by side? I would think Chuck would want Ron to hold up his end of the business. Anyone know what is going on?
T.K.C.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:14 pm

I got mine within a week after it dropped...no problems
gds
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:48 pm

lazk wrote:Do they not work together? If Ron is not taking care of his business, it would seem to look bad on "Firehouse" in general. Do they still work side by side? I would think Chuck would want Ron to hold up his end of the business. Anyone know what is going on?
Honestly... I am not sure any longer. Officially yes, but I do not see it in the posters so much anymore. Which is not a bad thing. Each has his distinct style. Anyhow. I actually have a black Slash. He did not send this one either but I managed to collect it directly from him. Had originally planned to put it up next to the red but it is also spoilt for me now. Let me know if anyone wants it...
suchanoo
Art Expert

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:08 am

This still bugs me. Where's my money, poster or at the very least, explanation as to what went wrong??

Bad karma, Ron.
gds
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:08 am

suchanoo wrote:This still bugs me. Where's my money, poster or at the very least, explanation as to what went wrong??

Bad karma, Ron.

I know the feeling. Bad Karma seems to be catchig up with him though. Chuck´s carreer is shooting to the stars these days whilst his seems to be pretty much over. Has not put out much decent stuff lately. The Clapton´s were OK but honestly looked like rather poor Sperry-rip-offs with the similar fonts and all. Anyhow, I guess your money is gone just like mine.
lazk
Art Expert

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:27 am

gds wrote:
suchanoo wrote:This still bugs me. Where's my money, poster or at the very least, explanation as to what went wrong??

Bad karma, Ron.

I know the feeling. Bad Karma seems to be catchig up with him though. Chuck´s carreer is shooting to the stars these days whilst his seems to be pretty much over. Has not put out much decent stuff lately. The Clapton´s were OK but honestly looked like rather poor Sperry-rip-offs with the similar fonts and all. Anyhow, I guess your money is gone just like mine.
Wow. Seems like with all the people who know him around here, someone would have tried to help get this situation resolved.
T.K.C.
gds
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:54 pm

lazk wrote:
gds wrote:

Bad karma, Ron.

Wow. Seems like with all the people who know him around here, someone would have tried to help get this situation resolved.
Ha, that is a collectors forum so everybody is busy scoring the next Sperry or Geddes or whatever. This is more like Poster AA than a boy scouts camp. I know the man well enough myself so if he decides to play the game this way I guess there is not much anyone can do. He ultimately does harm himself anyway. This entire poster thing like anything is about supply and demand, but in the absence of established intermediaries, as the market is solely devided into direct sales by the artists and the good old bay as secondary market, it is also built on trust. It may take a little while for people to catch on but they will and that shall correct the market. To his disadvantage I am afraid. Anyhow, I still wish him well (damn ... artists may turn out to be real aholes but one still forgives them for some wickedly good pieces they have churned out long ago, as is the case with this gent. View and long ago, but still. Damn, can't really hate on the dude. Just thinking about his ridiculous flipflopwhitsocklook puts a smile on my face... nut that is not to say that a helpful EBer who should happen to come across our friend and should happen to feel the inclination to gently kick said friend in the nuts as a reminder would not put an equally fat smile on my face.)