Not Everything Is So Black And White 10 Eelus Release Discus

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
MacDaddy
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:00 pm

This is the most frustrated I have ever been on missing a release. I have been waiting months for its release. I walked out of a meeting and it was still available. Got all the way through till the checkout and my credit card was denied. Turns out Chase has a fraud detection system in place. This is the first time I have ever experienced fraud protection so I hope this helps someone out in the future. You have to call your bank beforehand to let them know you will be making a charge in the UK.

Anyway, I always wanted to hang this in our nursery. I have "Splash" for my daughter but I wanted to get this print for our 2nd baby due in January.....which we just found out yesterday is a baby boy.

So, long story short... just wanted to let everyone know to call your bank ahead of time if you are a buying a print from the UK.
averysantucci
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:07 pm

dude,

buy eelus' postcard set and frame them. they are a little smaller but extremely rich in color and striking

someone hook this dude up!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Chase sucks.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
MacDaddy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:41 pm

I called Chase today and had a conversation with their "Fraud Department". They promised me this would never happen again. I understand why they would want to protect themselves but it's not like I was buying a $50,000 BMW from overseas. Anyway....live and learn. Wish I could be opening up a NEISBW tube without having to spend $$$.....
Bandit420
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:14 pm

does anyone know when these are shipping???? thanks!!!
aky90be
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:10 pm

Bandit420 wrote:does anyone know when these are shipping???? thanks!!!
Based on Eelus' twitter, he mentioned the other day that he has to sign/number/stamp/and package all the prints before leaving for the Brooklynite show so it sounds like they are being prepped and should ship this week! (lets hope)
"...youre not actually looking at Schulz-Neudamm's tones and lines, youre looking at a jpg of those tones and lines run through a photoshop filter to make them simpler for a simpler printing method. so... superior? ..."

DD -2013
Mention
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:36 am

aky90be wrote:
Bandit420 wrote:does anyone know when these are shipping???? thanks!!!
Based on Eelus' twitter, he mentioned the other day that he has to sign/number/stamp/and package all the prints before leaving for the Brooklynite show so it sounds like they are being prepped and should ship this week! (lets hope)
More recently from his twitter:

Today @ ~6AM PDT
STILL waiting for Royal Mail to send a despatch book. If it doesn't come today, the prints won't be sent until I get back from NYC :(
Today @ ~7AM PDT
Shafted by Royal Mail & problems with Sage Pay so I can't get access to any of the order info. This isn't going well at all. Holiday please.
:(
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:45 am

Codeblue wrote:Chase sucks.
i drymounting hate them....but my wife loves them so we stay. i tried to buy a $40 poster from the UK a couple years ago and not only did they deny the charge, they locked my card up. i tried to use it at the grocery store then an ATM later that evening and it was denied. i went into chase and had to show all kinds of ID to get it unlocked. total bullshit...i was pissed.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:44 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Chase sucks.
i drymounting hate them....but my wife loves them so we stay. i tried to buy a $40 poster from the UK a couple years ago and not only did they deny the charge, they locked my card up. i tried to use it at the grocery store then an ATM later that evening and it was denied. i went into chase and had to show all kinds of ID to get it unlocked. total bullshit...i was pissed.
ha. Sounds like what paypal did to me when they locked my account for no good reason and forced me to prove I was myself and that my addresses were valid, even though one of them does not have a landline that they require. Douches. I hate paypal. Locked me out of sending any money for 1 week. Luckily I didn't miss anything I wanted
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:41 pm

i hate paypal more than i hate chase.
hellosir
Art Freak

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:35 pm

These will be shipped starting the week of September 6th, so says someone who spoketh with thee Eelus
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:35 am

hellosir wrote:These will be shipped starting the week of September 6th, so says someone who spoketh with thee Eelus
he mentioned it on twitter today
Invader

Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:38 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:
hellosir wrote:These will be shipped starting the week of September 6th, so says someone who spoketh with thee Eelus

he also had this to say on twitter

Forums. A meeting place for the clueless and uninformed, all passing mindless judgement on things they no nothing about.
BigWhiskey
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Haha I really like this guy
Check out framefetish.com Link is the only one ill use from now on.
Eighty
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Invader wrote:
ChefFerrari wrote:

he also had this to say on twitter

Forums. A meeting place for the clueless and uninformed, all passing mindless judgement on things they no nothing about.
Yet without them he would be nothing