Neil Young 10 Fairey Release Discussion 06/17/10

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:14 am

I'm not sure this will be that hard to get. Most of the hardcore fans over at The Giant forum seem to be passing.
http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20413
nimsu8
Art Expert

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:19 am

sasquatch wrote:I'm not sure this will be that hard to get. Most of the hardcore fans over at The Giant forum seem to be passing.
or thats what they are saying to get other people to pass
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
blueridgemtn
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:20 am

Is the best plan of attack to just keep refreshing the Sale - Print page on obey? Hoping I can get this one. It will be my first SF print.

-Eric
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:21 am

sasquatch wrote:I'm not sure this will be that hard to get. Most of the hardcore fans over at The Giant forum seem to be passing.
i think a majority were actually going for it... 4:1 from my quick count
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
oldfartatplay
Art Expert

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:21 am

nimsu8 wrote:
or thats what they are saying to get other people to pass
Very possible. I cant get that site to load for some reason.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:25 am

makes sense they are passing... shep likes fudge music, maybe his fans do too!
sasquatch
Art Expert

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:30 am

ErocAfellar wrote:

Perhaps, but only four pages of "anticipation." Pretty weak "anticipation" when you consider the threads for other prints.

And taper, I didn't know you hated the The Clash, The Ramones, Iggy (some of Sheps favorite bands) so much. You do know there wouldn't have been a Pearl Jam without those bands, right?
pjtaper
Art Freak

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:34 am

sasquatch wrote:
ErocAfellar wrote:

Perhaps, but only four pages of "anticipation." Pretty weak "anticipation" when you consider the threads for other prints.

And taper, I didn't know you hated the The Clash, The Ramones, Iggy (some of Sheps favorite bands) so much. You do know there wouldn't have been a Pearl Jam without those bands, right?
I'm not a fan of punk... I saw Iggy open for PJ, it was awful, disgusting, and he needs to put on some drymounting clothes... The Ramones and The Clash are decent, but I can't stand Punk music... to me, it sounds like someone yelling orders at you, non stop... yelling, not signing, never singing... sometimes talking, but usually just yelling
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:34 am

smellmysocks73 wrote:Are the drop times for OBEY "truly random"---or do they typically take place between a certain window of time?

Thanks for the answers in advance. I apologize for the dipshizz question, but I haven't tried for an OBEY print before.
usually between 1400 - 1600 Eastern, it seems.
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:35 am

RiotAct wrote:
smellmysocks73 wrote:Are the drop times for OBEY "truly random"---or do they typically take place between a certain window of time?

Thanks for the answers in advance. I apologize for the dipshizz question, but I haven't tried for an OBEY print before.
Thanks, Riot. Good luck to everyone.
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:37 am

smellmysocks73 wrote:
RiotAct wrote:

wait... uhh, I meant to say... not until late at night!!!! Definitely close to midnight :lol: Yeah, that's it.
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:38 am

RiotAct wrote:
smellmysocks73 wrote:
RiotAct wrote:

wait... uhh, I meant to say... not until late at night!!!! Definitely close to midnight :lol: Yeah, that's it.
:lol:
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
pjtaper
Art Freak

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:41 am

does anyone else think the longer shep waits to put this up, the more of an asshole he is? He knows damn well there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people sitting here refreshing his shitty website all day... and he knows it will crash, probably before he puts it up, definitely after he does...
Why not drop it early, why make your fans/collectors waste hours of their lives...
I really hope this goes by 3pm Mountain time, I want to go hiking in Manitou.
treejam1
Art Expert

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:42 am

Def. going for this. Pearl Jam would not be who they are today if it wasn't for Neil. They :pint: :pint: got there band name from a Neil show. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
sasquatch
Art Expert

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:43 am

pjtaper wrote:does anyone else think the longer shep waits to put this up, the more of an asshole he is? He knows damn well there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people sitting here refreshing his shitty website all day... and he knows it will crash, probably before he puts it up, definitely after he does...
Why not drop it early, why make your fans/collectors waste hours of their lives...
I really hope this goes by 3pm Mountain time, I want to go hiking in Manitou.
I seriously think you're thinking about it too much. Just chill. It's only 9 a.m. PDT.