Widespread Panic Myrtle Beach 10 Sperry Release Discussion 0

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17554
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:16 am

That brings up an interesting point... should that sale count? The fact that it's a charity auction shouldn't matter (they count stuff sold at those HeART of Rock 'n Roll auctions), but the print is signed by the entire band in the image area, which would actually decrease the value for most people.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17554
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:34 pm

eBay 321465643785

Strange tactic by this seller... bunch of 1-day auctions with a high reserve. Signed by the band in the image.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
User avatar
PrintNoob87
Art Expert
Posts: 8867
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:55 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Looks like it was rolled image-out and the top corners appear like they may be a bit beat up as well. Could just be an optical illusion.
User avatar
aldo
Art Expert
Posts: 2045
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:40 pm

RiotAct wrote:The fact that it's a charity auction shouldn't matter
This should absolutely matter considering you can write the charity contribution off on your taxes so people are willing to pay more. Sale shouldn't count either way.
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17554
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:18 am

aldo wrote:
RiotAct wrote:The fact that it's a charity auction shouldn't matter
This should absolutely matter considering you can write the charity contribution off on your taxes so people are willing to pay more. Sale shouldn't count either way.
Better tell the mods to remove those hundreds of yellow dots on the various price charts, then!
RiotAct wrote:eBay 321465643785

Strange tactic by this seller... bunch of 1-day auctions with a high reserve. Signed by the band in the image.
Sold for $3500.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 18381
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:48 am

RiotAct wrote:eBay 321465643785
RiotAct wrote:Sold for $3500.
:shock:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Post Reply