Quetzalcoatl's Garden 10 Bader Greasy Release Discussion 03/

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:15 pm

Kdh12 wrote:calling it a gilcee is a stretch

it is an inkjet
All giclees are inkjet prints. The only difference between really good ones ("giclees") and bad ones ("inkjets") is, to some extent, the quality of the printer itself and, to a larger extent, the pre-press work and the knowledge of the people doing the printing. A lot of work has to be done in pre-press to photograph the work, to set it up for printing, to calibrate the computer monitor/printer, and the really good giclee printers have to know how the ink their using reacts with the paper they're using.

Notice that ZeroFriends stuff looks really good, especially considering their price point? They've used the same paper and the same inks forever, I'm pretty sure, because they did the legwork to make sure it would work right. Make sure you're working with a high-quality digital image to start, stick with a proven ink/paper combo you're familiar with, and then you're pretty much sure to get a good result.

You can do really nice giclees, and you can do shitty ones, but every single one is just inkjetting.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:46 pm

Kdh12 wrote:calling it a gilcee is a stretch

it is an inkjet
mmmm Beer :pint:
johnr1311
Art Expert

Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:16 am

how did I miss this thread? Jeez
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:17 am

Seems like if you were trying to make it in the print making business, it would be a bad time to stop posting on EB