Cybercycle 09 EMEK Release Discussion 01/09/10

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
User avatar
MattTheCraw
Art Expert
Posts: 2439
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Even if I miss out on a Metal, the jigsaws will look awesome.

Anyone overseas ever score a metal?

How are the winners generated, computer program?
Your Australian Poster Guy
User avatar
MattStrine
Art Expert
Posts: 1012
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Colorado

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:53 pm

MattTheCraw wrote:Even if I miss out on a Metal, the jigsaws will look awesome.

Anyone overseas ever score a metal?

How are the winners generated, computer program?
Last time we did wood prints and there were definitely folks overseas that scored them. Probably about 5 different countries outside of the US. Yes, we use a computer program to randomly draw the numbers.
User avatar
MattTheCraw
Art Expert
Posts: 2439
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:54 pm

MattStrine wrote:
MattTheCraw wrote:Even if I miss out on a Metal, the jigsaws will look awesome.

Anyone overseas ever score a metal?

How are the winners generated, computer program?
Last time we did wood prints and there were definitely folks overseas that scored them. Probably about 5 different countries outside of the US. Yes, we use a computer program to randomly draw the numbers.
Thanks Matt,
fingers crossed!
Your Australian Poster Guy
User avatar
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee
Posts: 9588
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks MattStrine... I mentioned a spacer in my question precisely so ya can see the max amount of metal border. Your point is right on regarding the fact that this approach also makes it obvious that the image is on metal "stock". I've used spacers in the past, mostly to keep the frame size as small as possible, while showing off the image. Alternatively, I also use mats in framing when I want to make a color pop.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
User avatar
ceevee
Art Expert
Posts: 7583
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Not that I'm expecting to get a metal from the lottery draw, but if I do, has anyone ever framed a metal poster? I assume you treat the metal as a color of stock... i.e., as a visible border... same as if it were colored paper stock, correct? And you would still want to mat or use spacers as part of framing to keep the ink from being in contact with the glass?
There happens to be a thread on that very subject: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 62&start=0
Last edited by ceevee on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
oldfartatplay
Art Expert
Posts: 1829
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:42 am

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Hey Matt,
It says in the site
"Yes, I would like to be entered into the raffle and understand that this may be automatically deducted from my account in the coming weeks."

My question is how do you deduct money from my account if I win? What account? Do I have to create an account?

Sorry, I'm confused by this and wouldn't want to miss out because of not having an "account"
Cheers
McDung
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:00 am

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:16 pm

oldfartatplay wrote:Hey Matt,
It says in the site
"Yes, I would like to be entered into the raffle and understand that this may be automatically deducted from my account in the coming weeks."

My question is how do you deduct money from my account if I win? What account? Do I have to create an account?

Sorry, I'm confused by this and wouldn't want to miss out because of not having an "account"
Cheers
Account = bank/credit card account
upseeker
Art Expert
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:49 pm

What about mounting the metal print free floating about 1/4 inch. I think the shadow would be cool. I am hoping I get at least one metal.
User avatar
oldfartatplay
Art Expert
Posts: 1829
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:42 am

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:57 pm

McDung wrote:
oldfartatplay wrote:Hey Matt,
It says in the site
"Yes, I would like to be entered into the raffle and understand that this may be automatically deducted from my account in the coming weeks."

My question is how do you deduct money from my account if I win? What account? Do I have to create an account?

Sorry, I'm confused by this and wouldn't want to miss out because of not having an "account"
Cheers
Account = bank/credit card account
Thanks but how can they do this "automatically" ? No one can automatically take money from my bank/CC/paypal/etc.
User avatar
mlinderer
Art Expert
Posts: 2003
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Chicago (Skokie)

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:00 pm

oldfartatplay wrote:
McDung wrote:
oldfartatplay wrote:Hey Matt,
It says in the site
"Yes, I would like to be entered into the raffle and understand that this may be automatically deducted from my account in the coming weeks."

My question is how do you deduct money from my account if I win? What account? Do I have to create an account?

Sorry, I'm confused by this and wouldn't want to miss out because of not having an "account"
Cheers
Account = bank/credit card account
Thanks but how can they do this "automatically" ? No one can automatically take money from my bank/CC/paypal/etc.
By checking "yes" you are authorizing them too.
sheeponahill
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:44 pm

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:11 pm

I had totally forgotten about this! Can't believe I was lucky enough to snag one. Given my number, 3323, I think I must be close to the last. Fingers crossed for the metal! That would make my year!!! :shock:
User avatar
mlinderer
Art Expert
Posts: 2003
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Chicago (Skokie)

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:14 pm

sheeponahill wrote:I had totally forgotten about this! Can't believe I was lucky enough to snag one. Given my number, 3323, I think I must be close to the last. Fingers crossed for the metal! That would make my year!!! :shock:
Looks like there should be about 30 left.
recycler
Art Expert
Posts: 4631
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:00 am

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Whoops, I hate weekend drops, never remember.

Go J-E-T-S - carson palmer stunk up the place.
recycler
Art Expert
Posts: 4631
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:00 am

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Whoops, I hate weekend drops, never remember.

Go J-E-T-S - carson palmer stunk up the place.
randyrad
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:32 pm

sheeponahill wrote:I had totally forgotten about this! Can't believe I was lucky enough to snag one. Given my number, 3323, I think I must be close to the last. Fingers crossed for the metal! That would make my year!!! :shock:

Same here, actually can't believe I scored one with an order number a few higher but still in the 332x range almost 3 hours after it went up. :pint:

Fingers crossed for the metal!

I was lucky enough to score the Peacock on wood last time
Post Reply