Rothbury Festival 09 EMEK Release Discussion

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:44 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
chalkdust wrote:Check out her f-ing belt buckle. :rolling:

That's a she?
Do you wear bikini tops ?
No, but "she" appears to have more arm and chest hair than me.
MJBuck
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:11 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
That's a she?
:door: :door:
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
ScooterfromTN
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:31 pm

pjtaper wrote: Enjoy the PM...
Yeah, it was a great welcome for a guy just trying to meet some fellow poster lovers. :roll: (notice that isnt a smiley)

Im sure you will enjoy yours just as much.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:33 pm

ScooterfromTN wrote:
pjtaper wrote: Enjoy the PM...
Yeah, it was a great welcome for a guy just trying to meet some fellow poster lovers. :roll: (notice that isnt a smiley)

Im sure you will enjoy yours just as much.
I don't even want to ask.............. but please stick around, diversity of the artists and members is what makes this site special............
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:44 pm

I was kinda curious what everybody thought of the festival. What were your favorite acts, etc.?
ScooterfromTN
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:45 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
I don't even want to ask.............. but please stick around, diversity of the artists and members is what makes this site special............
Unless I get booted, ill be around. Ive already learned quite a bit about the poster world since finding the site. I hope to pick up a few im missing, check out all the new releases, etc...

Thanks for the welcome! Its nice to know that some peeps still understand why people put smileys. To let the smart ones know they are kidding around. I hope to meet more people like me on here. Ones that love the art and music, not the money they can make off it. :wink:
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:52 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

That's a she?

Yes, I do. Best thing to hold my moobs outta the way.
ScooterfromTN
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:14 pm

mattlew69 wrote:I was kinda curious what everybody thought of the festival. What were your favorite acts, etc.?
I have mixed reviews about it. One side of me loved it. The eye candy was amazing all through Sherwood, and most other places also. The line up was one of the best ive seen in years. So pretty much the actual festy was totally awesome. I had a blast every night. I met some really awesome people. It was just really well setup and thought out. Im sure lots of time was spent rigging up sherwood etc.. I fit the bill to be profiled, and was never harassed at all getting in. So like i said, the actual festy was a hit for me.

The other side of me got really frustrated. I arrived around 11 or so thursday morning after 12 hours of driving. It wasnt hard to get in at all for some reason, which was really nice actually. The search was cool, no problem there. It was after i got in that i began to get mad. Nobody was directing nobody. Some people were standing around, but once asked they would have no clue. I drove totally around the whole lot like 3 times with a megaphone screaming "whos got my camping spot" with nothing. Finally after asking around 10 people and driving forever i finally got a spot. I wont even get into the nightmare of a spot we got. Lets just say my tents could be used at fertilizer now. Which i know thats expected i guess, so ill leave it off the list. The other problem i had was leaving. I didnt leave till monday and it was a nightmare. They had no sore of flow going, it was just everyone trying to get out. One way out of something like that is unheard of. They are right beside that highway, but no direct access. The other problem i had was not Rothburys fault, but more just a complaint on the roadways of the state. Once i finally made it out, it took me atleast 6 hours to make it 30 miles. I mean made it to the main road also. To have all that traffic shut down to one lane is unheard of. I saw on the sign where the 6th was the first day of that closure also. It said starting the 6th. Just seems to me that the state or county or whoever is over that would have tried to help. The people of that area must HATE that festival after going through all that. They had the main road out shut down to one lane at multiple spots. I saw multiple crashes in traffic including what i believe was atleast a 4 car pile up. Ok sorry for the rant, but you asked. :D
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Come early - leave early is my motto bro and it was a cake walk but I have to give up most of Dylan for it

parking lots were open 8 pm the night before, for the record.

Stay at Wal mart in Freemont, for the record, coming in from the east makes it much easier but do NOT speed in the town of Rothbury- do NOT !! Wear seat buckles- they were drilling the kids...........
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
Stay at Wal mart in Freemont, for the record, coming in from the east makes it much easier but do NOT speed in the town of Rothbury- do NOT !! Wear seat buckles- they were drilling the kids...........

Sounds just like the Gorge!
ScooterfromTN
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:Come early - leave early is my motto bro and it was a cake walk but I have to give up most of Dylan for it

parking lots were open 8 pm the night before, for the record.

The come early thing i always screw up. I actually got there at what i thought was a decent time. I thought it didnt open till 8, but i actually saw right before i left they opened early. I was not up on hanging out before either. I had no clue how michigan cops were gonna like me, so i was ready to get in the place.

Im not down on the leaving early though. I got to see all the music, and wasnt down on driving 12 hours after my weekend and no sleep that night. Sunday night was one of my favorites to be honest. I didnt want to miss any of Dylan really. Umphreys rocked out a floyd cover and it was chilling. One of the best covers ive heard in a long time. Could be just me though. :D Still had a blast though!!
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:03 pm

I agree the cops and roads in MI, are the worst. I assume the increase in State police officers was due to the fact that they had to lay off over 100 officers recently throughout the state. I am sure the extra money earned from busting people really helped out the Michigan State Police's budget. :roll:

Its good to hear that people had a good time and nobody was harrassed too much. I am glad the weather turned out to be mild as well. We were starting to have a little heat wave there, right before the holiday weekend and then it really cooled off, which makes the evenings perfect for sleeping in a tent.
taylorehill
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:34 am

Scooter - You're welcome, I wish you would leave positive feedback. Your funds sit in escrow for 21 days after you buy a poster that expensive. I had a really tough go of Rothbury because I couldn't access those funds in paypal. Once you like a poster, please release the funds in the future.

Taylor
woodyland
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:44 pm

Welcome TN Scooter. Love collecting, not a hawk. When you get a chance you can meet some of the artists online, EMEK, Houston, Johannsen, Everett are accessible (for me anyway in the 2 months I've been here). Take you time, check out your collection link, have fun :pint: :pint:

Jeff Wood
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir

woodyland
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:47 pm

Codeblue wrote:Anybody buying these at $125 to flip is outta their mind. Apparently, they're out of shape as well.
WTH does "out of shape" mean?
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir