Duality of Humanity 5 09 Fairey Release Discussion 06/17/09

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
tmurch
Art Expert

Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:53 pm

got bored so i did this.....maybe doh 6?

hmmm selling 450 for $30 so...that means i should be able to make $13,500

Tadrules wrote:Dan Mccarthy is a pimp.
RupertPupkin wrote: This will never change. Idiocy is the true human condition.
iso munter explosions in the sky
ImageImage
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:58 pm

bpot555 wrote:Don't feed the donkeys please.

your one of the biggest donkey's on the site...and I wish people would stop posting information for the newbs???? are some of you retarded? this place is full of fuccking idiots :clap:
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:59 pm

armondowilliams wrote:No I am pretty sure you should be good to go that is what happened to me when I got the elephant print but you just never know but I think you should be good to go
avi wrote:
armondowilliams wrote:Well if you go through the paypal website does not mean your order processed did you log back in on your paypal and see if they took money becuase you have to submit through obey at the end to actually finish the deal,......... so no deal no print but if they took it out of paypal and you see if it was from obey then well my good man you may just be an owner of one of these prints and I am willing to buy it off you......... think about it
avi wrote:what does it mean if the paypal accepts the order and takes money from me but it crashed when i hit submit payment on the obey site?

prolly gonna get a refund huh? :(

money has been withdrawn from my bank account and has been sent to obey giant. however the submit payment button did not work on the obey site. all i am saying is there a possibility that obey would refund my money since it didnt go through in the obey site? (i still havent got a refund)

armondo are you gonna flip these on ebay as well? your pattern auction is doing well :clap:
Kdh12
Art Freak

Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:43 pm

lazk wrote:
I cannot believe the number of prints on Ebay already. I also wonder HOW Cheeerrrieee gets so many prints but I know WHO he is. I smell a couple of paypal accounts.

BTW spill the beans :wink:
mmmm Beer :pint:
lazk
Art Expert

Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:45 pm

:lurk:
T.K.C.
tmurch
Art Expert

Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Sweetness....
ImageImage
cerebus
Art Expert

Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:16 pm

tmurch wrote:got bored so i did this.....maybe doh 6?

hmmm selling 450 for $30 so...that means i should be able to make $13,500

You'll have to wait. They're saying that this is the next one on the Giant forum:

upseeker
Art Expert

Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:19 pm

What is the hype about the Duality Series? Let's get real. First, duality is not posing a child with a weapon. That is fascism. Duality is body/soul and peace/war. Fairey projects these images with ornate backgrounds diminishing the presence of the figure. Maybe this is what he wants me (us) to recognize: that we are unaware and/or unwilling to act against this atrocity. Anyway I would never put this in my house. Maybe paste it on 42nd ST. I'm game. Any takers?
mikeyc1023
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:19 pm

spiderpig!!
kingofprussia
Art Expert

Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:12 pm

i really get a kick out of the haters. what are the odds that many of them tried for the print to flip and failed to secure one? i would bet 72%. if his stuff is such crap then why is he so popular? that's a rhetorical question so don't bother. the guy who posted his home made art is a perfect example of how people think shep's stuff is so easy to make and when they try to imitate it they just fail miserably. you would lose money if you tried to release your 'art' dude. to all the haters i direct you to his 20 year retrospective at the ICA in Boston, it may just change your mind.
tmurch
Art Expert

Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:20 pm

Hey man im not trying to hate on sheps work.....and trust me i know my pic isnt great.......it took me no time to put together and had fun doing it. But Shep could do a picture of a McDonlads sign and it would sell out in 5 minutes and thats just bc his name is on it. I have no prob with sheps work and he does some amazing things. Calm the hell down.
ImageImage
Kdh12
Art Freak

Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:24 pm

upseeker wrote:What is the hype about the Duality Series? Let's get real. First, duality is not posing a child with a weapon. That is fascism. Duality is body/soul and peace/war. Fairey projects these images with ornate backgrounds diminishing the presence of the figure. Maybe this is what he wants me (us) to recognize: that we are unaware and/or unwilling to act against this atrocity. Anyway I would never put this in my house. Maybe paste it on 42nd ST. I'm game. Any takers?

nope sorry if I didn't want I would put it on ebay on 42nd street

but congrats this the first post you made today that did not sound like rambling left over from an acid trip :wink:
mmmm Beer :pint:
bpot555
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:48 pm

your one of the biggest donkey's on the site
Ok dude, please explain why? I was just kidding, but you guys really need to stop lashing out at noobs over bullshit. Even you "experts" will not get an a print everytime, so stop being douchebags.
Gigantico
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:10 am

kingofprussia wrote:i really get a kick out of the haters. what are the odds that many of them tried for the print to flip and failed to secure one? i would bet 72%. if his stuff is such crap then why is he so popular? that's a rhetorical question so don't bother. the guy who posted his home made art is a perfect example of how people think shep's stuff is so easy to make and when they try to imitate it they just fail miserably. you would lose money if you tried to release your 'art' dude. to all the haters i direct you to his 20 year retrospective at the ICA in Boston, it may just change your mind.
Thank you.
recycler
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:06 am

arana7 wrote:Is cool, I din't mean to come off like a jerk. You win some, you loose some I guess. Today, I lost!

I'll have to keep myself better informed for next time..
that's the spirit (seriously).

this thread brought the real expresso out of some beaners... lot of people bitching and thinking they deserve everything.

man, I found out about the drop date on OMG :P