Soup Can II 09 Fairey Release Discussion 06/09/09

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:11 pm

Placebo wrote:
cerebus wrote:I consider your opinion about as useful as a bucket of warm piss
Ah yes, precisely! Move to the head of the class.

So now you know how I feel when I read 99% of the posts here.
Then please stop coming here...
iratasan
Flipper

Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:11 pm

tmurch wrote:
rumspring wrote:"The need to be right is the sign of a vulgar mind."
-Albert Camus, 1913-1960

:rolling:
zkreider
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Yeah i know fellas that soup can piece is alittle over priced but if you really are trying to get the full set I guess it's worth it. I've now seen at least two of these on ebay. personally I still think taht I'm gonna pass. Oh wait a second I must be posting this on the wrong page because no one else is discussing Sheps work I think I'll try again. sorry I missed the "SOUP CAN II 09 FAIREY RELEASE DISCUSSION 06/09/09" page.
ipath2003
Art Expert

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:45 pm

When are they going to start shipping these out?

Code I like how you choose the BLUE pacifier too nice
Last edited by ipath2003 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:51 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
thecsoldier
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:53 pm

emailed them yesterday...
they told me there still sorting things out, thats never a good sign right?!
i still think they oversold the prints
Its that warriors vs. baseball fury element to glitch his motor sensory development
I am a star, really.
The big bang bastard's back with a one way ticket to Beat Street.
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:58 pm

They probably didn't over-sell them. They're probably trying to decide if they'll let the back-door discounted orders stand.
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:17 pm

did any one pay more than $550 for this print?

is there any one on this forum who did?

hmmmm
jamel-d
Art Freak

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:30 pm

thecsoldier wrote:emailed them yesterday...
They're in the process of calling everyone who ordered one. Two weeks to ship, hopefully. In regards to overselling, anyone who ordered thru the site didn't get shut out, unless you put it in your cart and waited for the price to xx or xxx or xxxx, etc. Then you were refunded. They're offering $900 to anyone who wants to sell it back to them. But you all knew that. It's all covered on thegiant.org forum.
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Damn, shoulda swooped in at $350 and swooped out at $900.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
oldfartatplay
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:25 pm

Codeblue wrote:Damn, shoulda swooped in at $350 and swooped out at $900.
Sheesh, me too! What's up with these Iconoclast people buying back stuff? Why don't they just cancel everyones order and start over? Oh never mind, that would seem unprofessional
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:41 pm

Hmmmm, will the next version have a starting price of $250?

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Subtle
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:28 pm

jamel-d wrote:
They're in the process of calling everyone who ordered one. Two weeks to ship, hopefully. In regards to overselling, anyone who ordered thru the site didn't get shut out, unless you put it in your cart and waited for the price to xx or xxx or xxxx, etc. Then you were refunded. They're offering $900 to anyone who wants to sell it back to them. But you all knew that. It's all covered on thegiant.org forum.
There is NO WAY they are buying these back from people at 900 bucks!!! I think they are just offering that in order to bate the flippers, that way they will just cancel orders if you contact them trying to sell it back...
Codeblue wrote:Nevermind, I confused myself.
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:35 pm

Subtle wrote:
jamel-d wrote:
There is NO WAY they are buying these back from people at 900 bucks!!! I think they are just offering that in order to bate the flippers, that way they will just cancel orders if you contact them trying to sell it back...
awesome way of weeding out the flippers. where's that dolphin poster when you need it??
jamel-d
Art Freak

Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:49 pm

Subtle wrote:
jamel-d wrote:
Well, a it turned out, I bought one last week during the sale. I called them today, they left a message, and let me know that the print would be shipped in a week or two. During the conversation I asked if Iconoclast was following the forum over on the giant.org. It was then that the $900 offer came up. I declined as I'm going to buy the three other colorways. Obviously, you didn't buy one or you would have heard from them. Oh well, next time.
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19