Obey Elephant 09 Fairey Release Discussion 04/09/09

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
pearlybaker
Flipper

Tue May 05, 2009 3:40 pm

gfraser wrote:
zkreider wrote:haha that is amusing. I was wondering, as I am new to collecting, what exactly is this platium club and how does one become a part of it? plus I am really looking for an elephat print and feel quite put off for missing the sale.
people really shouldnt be talking about it and they are risking their membership by doing so. also, you shouldnt ask questions publiicly about it. you will be invited if you are a desirable candidate.

/thread
Most candidates are considered midly more attractive when they make financial contributions to this wonderful site - no promises but your rep goes up a small degree. :pint:
All right Hamilton!
ApfelGeld
Art Expert

Tue May 05, 2009 5:30 pm

pearlybaker wrote:
gfraser wrote:
zkreider wrote:haha that is amusing. I was wondering, as I am new to collecting, what exactly is this platium club and how does one become a part of it? plus I am really looking for an elephat print and feel quite put off for missing the sale.
people really shouldnt be talking about it and they are risking their membership by doing so. also, you shouldnt ask questions publiicly about it. you will be invited if you are a desirable candidate.

/thread
Most candidates are considered midly more attractive when they make financial contributions to this wonderful site - no promises but your rep goes up a small degree. :pint:
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/donate.php :D
sunsetbrew wrote:We are all hype machines, even though we don't want to be.
kingofprussia wrote:The power of EB. It never ceases to amaze me.
tourist504 wrote:Poster collectors, baby. A force with which to be reckoned!!!
pewter14
EB Team

Tue May 05, 2009 5:41 pm

ApfelGeld wrote:
pearlybaker wrote:
gfraser wrote:

/thread
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/donate.php :D

it's one thing to kid around, but, you might not want to pull ebeans into this by luring someone to make a donation like that ...
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
zkreider
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 06, 2009 9:40 am

It's cool fellas. Even though I'm a "noob" in the collecting market I've played the art game for years. I try to be as open minded and supportive as I can to the current trends. I don't have a problem paying alittle extra for a beautiful print as long as I know it is authentic. My real concern with not being able to attain a piece directly from OG or another reputable dealer is the possiblity of aquiring a reproduction. My collection is for me, and my family, and not all the ebayers and flippers out there.
flipflop
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:25 pm

are you serious? Yes this was on another site read the thread.[/quote]
No.[/quote]

Yeah you have to be a part of the obey platinum club to know about these things.

http://obeygiant.com/theplatinumclub[/quote] I got my Compassion that way!

http://platinum.thegiant.org/
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:20 pm

i own this print and i love it, it really is a wonderful composition
the colours are rich and vibrant.
definitely one of my favourites
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:36 pm

"too rich for my blood" quack - $500

http://www.duckywaddles.com/Scripts/pro ... oduct=1669
artforthepeople
Art Enthusiast

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:07 pm

I just checked out the "DuckeWaddles" web site and see that they have a lot of Fairey prints and the prices are prretty darn reasonable. I was not aware this site even existed until today. Are the prints authentic Fairey prints?
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:12 pm

artforthepeople wrote:I just checked out the "DuckeWaddles" web site and see that they have a lot of Fairey prints and the prices are prretty darn reasonable. I was not aware this site even existed until today. Are the prints authentic Fairey prints?
yep Ducky is legit, I would disagree with the opinion that their prices are 'reasonable' though... I mean they're not overly exorbitant, but...
Kdh12
Art Freak

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:13 pm

yes 100%
mmmm Beer :pint:
artforthepeople
Art Enthusiast

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:31 am

I saw they had a HOPE print on there as an "AP" for $2,500? I have read on the forums here that AP's are most likely fakes as they are incredibly hard to come by and easy to fabricate by erasing the actual number and writing "AP" instead.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:26 am

it is legit

contact Jerry he will answer your questions
mmmm Beer :pint:
artforthepeople
Art Enthusiast

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:33 am

Thank you. I have been thinking about getting one of these (and Progress too) but have heard that there are a lot of fakes out there. Is e bay a safe place to buy Fairey prints? I wanted to move in one these but was not sure if legit on e bay: Item number: 190523552828 and item #: 230612990510
mattlew69
Art Expert

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:55 am

artforthepeople wrote:Thank you. I have been thinking about getting one of these (and Progress too) but have heard that there are a lot of fakes out there. Is e bay a safe place to buy Fairey prints? I wanted to move in one these but was not sure if legit on e bay: Item number: eBay 190523552828 and item #: eBay 230612990510
i dont think they are fake. here is the EB listing for the 9x12 version.

just do a little research, check the sig, research the seller, ask questions, and you should be fine.
artforthepeople
Art Enthusiast

Wed May 04, 2011 10:17 pm

Is it true that these prints (and others) will have imperfections in them? For example, will the border/edges of the screenprint maybe be a little uneven here and there? Or will some of the lines have a flaw here and there? I recently bought a print off of e bay and it was not as crisp as I was expecting. The seller advised that this is common as the screen printing process is not perfect.