OFFICIAL: Day of the Dead Anticipation Thread

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
ipath2003
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:37 pm

I still only got a Receipt from paypal. Do you think im ok? I dont know the # of the first print sold but im 927X
kevron62007
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:38 pm

ipath2003 wrote:I still only got a Receipt from paypal. Do you think im ok? I dont know the # of the first print sold but im 927X
I am betting you are all good.
kevron62007
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:40 pm

M-Munter wrote:I give up on ever trying to purchase a Shepard Fairey print from his website ever again. Every time I try and purchase one, everyone tries to squeeze in the door at once, and his site crashes hard as hell. And by the time the dust settles from the rampage, and the site is up and running again, the print is sold out. I waited all f@#*ing day for this print to come up for sale, I actually had this in my cart and the site still crashed on me. So I am officially done trying to purchase prints from the site. And so there is no confusion, I am not publicly scrutinizing Shepard. I'm just frustrated with how the site operates. He still remains one of my favorite artists of all time. I truly respect him, his work, and ideals. I'm just tired of trying to compete with some vultures ( that's not to say that some of you who did score a print are ) that are not true fans of Shepard's work, and are going to most likely resell Shepard's work anyways.-MM
Oh and the scumbag who is selling a set of Obama posters on ebay for $15,000 you should be ashamed of yourself you selfish bastard.
I really love this post, tell it like it is Munter.
dangerboy
Flipper

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:42 pm

M-Munter wrote:I give up on ever trying to purchase a Shepard Fairey print from his website ever again. Every time I try and purchase one, everyone tries to squeeze in the door at once, and his site crashes hard as hell. And by the time the dust settles from the rampage, and the site is up and running again, the print is sold out. I waited all f@#*ing day for this print to come up for sale, I actually had this in my cart and the site still crashed on me. So I am officially done trying to purchase prints from the site. And so there is no confusion, I am not publicly scrutinizing Shepard. I'm just frustrated with how the site operates. He still remains one of my favorite artists of all time. I truly respect him, his work, and ideals. I'm just tired of trying to compete with some vultures ( that's not to say that some of you who did score a print are ) that are not true fans of Shepard's work, and are going to most likely resell Shepard's work anyways.-MM
Oh and the scumbag who is selling a set of Obama posters on ebay for $15,000 you should be ashamed of yourself you selfish bastard.

http://www.pagebypagebooks.com/Aesop/Ae ... es_p1.html
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
tjinoh
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:45 pm

M-Munter wrote:So I am officially done trying to purchase prints from the site.
You'll be back. We all come back.
kevron62007
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:46 pm

Sour grapes, yeah that is a fair statement, but it is hard to understand why Obey does not upgrade their server. They definitely have the money and said they increased prices in order to make the upgrade, I am not one to whine about not getting a print, but yes the server does suck.
kevron62007
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:48 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:$400 on ebay!!!! EAT ME!!!! Sorry, I am very mad. :evil:
Kneel13 this is just an observatin and I already posted this in the Obama Fairey Vote thread but it is interesting that no one seems to be upset about the Vote print being flipped by numerous members and ebayers but this print is different? I understand the Vote print was up for awhile and there were 5000 of them, but I just find it interesting on the different points of view on most Fairey prints versus the Vote print.
InnKeeper17
Art Enthusiast

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:51 pm

I think the cart feature should be front loaded so those who get it in their cart have it. The way it seems now is it is back loaded where nobody has a print until it is paid. So that gums up the whole system. Once the front loaded cart is filled no great rush to overload the checkout. While new to this site I been at the website for awhile and feel defeated when I get caught up in the middle and the system crashes. I think its like rolling dice but what can you do? I get one here and there and lose some too. I just hate the waiting, but what can you do? Pay on Ebay and hope you did okay. I thought I had one but it took me 45 minutes to order and it was out by the time I submitted order....Oh well time for a drink

M
electrachrome
Site Admin

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:52 pm

ipath2003 wrote:I still only got a Receipt from paypal. Do you think im ok? I dont know the # of the first print sold but im 927X
dangerboy wrote:
electrachrome wrote: I think thats my fate with the Joey Ramone print. never got conf from Obey even though I got it from PayPal. still waiting one way or the other.
i never got a confirm from obey on vivi revolucion, but got one from paypal. it showed up. this time, i got both....
nevadinova wrote:#905x
See you next week!
sickposterdude
Art Enthusiast

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:54 pm

Munter....your frustration is an echo of my own pain. For GOD'S sake, fix your server SHEPARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Obey Art

I don't Flip

I never get Obey Art

....something wrong with this equation
“Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.”
~ Stephen Hawking
housedog777
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:57 pm

dangerboy wrote:
housedog777 wrote:haven't had that much fun since the hogs ate my brother

i like that. can i use it?

See details Los Muertos (Ernesto)

Los Muertos (Ernesto)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our price: $45.00
Quantity Out of stock
feel free....
"I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes."
-HST
gfraser
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:57 pm

i would say they started at 9000, mine was 904X and i was in and out in under 5 mins.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:00 pm

kevron62007 wrote:
KNEEL13 wrote:$400 on ebay!!!! EAT ME!!!! Sorry, I am very mad. :evil:
Kneel13 this is just an observatin and I already posted this in the Obama Fairey Vote thread but it is interesting that no one seems to be upset about the Vote print being flipped by numerous members and ebayers but this print is different? I understand the Vote print was up for awhile and there were 5000 of them, but I just find it interesting on the different points of view on most Fairey prints versus the Vote print.
Just sour grapes, that's all. :cry:
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:11 pm

exadore wrote:
blazedoutbee wrote:congrats to those who scored! I was shut out today, first time in a while, but awesome score for those who got conformation. I had the submit button three times and nothing. oh well congrats :pint: :notworthy: :clap:

I have a evolve devolve to trade for this
fudge, J, I might be willing to do that.

Do that fudge!! I have a extra one anyway...I'd rather see it go to a friend PM me :clap:

let me know

first time I have been shut out since duality 3, again congrats to those who scored!!! you deserve that fudge...
sabotage
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:12 pm

Michael, I'll trade you one of these for a Coalesce or a Boris!