Ex Machina 22 Taylor Release Discussion 03/24/22

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:14 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Ex Machina 22 Taylor - Variant

geraldwkoonce

Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:47 am

automator wrote:
This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Ex Machina 22 Taylor - Variant

I've been following his work since he started in Perth, making posters and album covers for local bands. He's very talented.
geraldwkoonce

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:19 pm

geraldwkoonce wrote:
automator wrote:

I've been following his work since he started working in Perth, doing posters and album covers for local bands and for websites like https://writemyessay.nyc. He is very talented.
I can't stop admiring him. He began his artistic career in Perth, Western Australia, where he created posters and album covers for local bands. In 2001 he moved to Melbourne and within a few years had achieved international recognition in the music world. Ken has designed posters and album covers for many Australian bands as well as big names such as Queens of the Stone Age, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, Kings of Leon, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones. Taylor is also an alternate movie poster artist and a great printmaker on any subject. More recently, he has become involved in book illustration.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:57 pm

geraldwkoonce wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:19 pm
geraldwkoonce wrote:
automator wrote:

I've been following his work since he started working in Perth, doing posters and album covers for local bands and for websites like https://writemyessay.nyc. He is very talented.
I can't stop admiring him. He began his artistic career in Perth, Western Australia, where he created posters and album covers for local bands. In 2001 he moved to Melbourne and within a few years had achieved international recognition in the music world. Ken has designed posters and album covers for many Australian bands as well as big names such as Queens of the Stone Age, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, Kings of Leon, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones. Taylor is also an alternate movie poster artist and a great printmaker on any subject. More recently, he has become involved in book illustration.
My favorite Ken Taylor tidbit: he came to the states for a show in 2010(I think?) at phone booth gallery and people brought prints for him to sign. It was the first time he saw the majority of his movie and domestic concert screens in person.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:05 am

I member.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.