Phish Hershey 21 Pollock Release Discussion 08/10/21

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:52 am

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Phish Hershey 21 Pollock - 1st

dmm8878
Art Expert

Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:01 am

Man, haven't done a poster line in quite some time. Simultaneously a shitshow and a miracle that a few good people managed to hold it down and keep order. I showed up at 2pm for the announced 4pm pop up merch table by will-call and was immediately pointed to the woman taking down names. I was #136. Maybe 30 minutes later the merch folks show up and people scramble to form a line towards their table, mostly adhering to number order by the honor system. About 30 minutes later, I hear some unintelligible yelling and the line starts dispersing towards the venue. WTF? Apparently a storm is about to blow through and they don't want to risk the posters getting wet. So we all confusedly attempt to figure out where the new spot is and to keep the number order. Chaos. Dark clouds start rolling in. People start mildly panicking and line cutters are being laser focused on and shamed. By 3:15 or so they start selling posters from underneath the stadium bleachers. Someone smartly persuaded a couple of volunteers to police the front of the line and check off names from the holy list as the mob approaches the table. Phew, order maintained. Rumor is that 400 are available, we all breathe a sigh of relief, we just need to hang in there. Then, for some weird reason, when I'm about 10 people away from the table. People start jockeying, pushing through, getting miffed, rude, etc. But good people prevail, the table is guarded and we continue to adhere to order. Success. By 4:45, I'm back at my in-laws a few towns over showing off my sweet Pollock. :clap:

ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
dougr
Site Admin

Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:34 am

informative post, thanks!
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:00 am

Nice score dude! Awesome.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:14 pm

Such a great poster.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
marshmeli
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:54 pm

The fans keeping the lines organized and going off the list where huge helps for both night... i was late getting there for n1 so got all messed up w the regular line and rain, but n2 i was able to hit the park, get on the list (#187 i think) and grab some beers/water from my car, obtain the print by 3:30, drop it off in my car, head back to the park before the rain then enjoy some beers before going in
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:12 pm

I didn't even know they were selling them outside. I spent both days in the park with the kiddos. Went into the shows early but not early enough I guess
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:16 pm

You don’t follow dry goods Twitter with notifications? Cmon now!
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:59 pm

Not on Twitter, Instagram or any of that stuff. I got lectured by my buddy in AC about not taking venmo or Zel (which I never even heard of before)
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:31 pm

Word. I get it, really I do. But you have a phone right? And you like posters and Phish merch? Well then there’s zero reason not to get a Twitter account, even if you literally follow just dry goods. They tweet all the poster info during tour time plus you get notified when new stuff goes up on the website.

I also resisted Venmo and tried to stick with PayPal for awhile. But it’s just so much easier and better. Lol.

Or, ya know, stick with what has gotten you this far! You’re doing allllllright after all. ; )
dmm8878
Art Expert

Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:54 pm

I'm off the social media myself. Was never on FB, but did use Twitter and Instagram for a few years, up until a few months ago. Accounts now deleted. BUT, you can still check the Dry Goods Twitter feed in a browser without having an account. That's how I knew to dart over early on night one for the pop-up merch table. Had a feeling the Pollock was coming.

Good luck with the BNG lotto...
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.