Avengers: Age of Ultron 15 Stout Release Discussion 10/01/15

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
hypocrite
Art Enthusiast

Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:56 am

Great timing! I just got my shipment notification as well! 8)
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:02 pm

-Avengers Cast and Crew variant charity auction.

last year (so long ago) i did a poster for avengers: age of ultron. i received some cast and crew variants, and figured i'd auction them off for charity. just to keep things all above board, i've asked my friend Bryan to help run the auction, he'll be verifying the high bids and just making sure its all above board.

how it works:
- email your high bid to tstoutavenge@gmail.com - bids must go to this address.

- bryan will verify that all bids are real, and i'll update the highest bids periodically on a new blog post.

- the top 5 bids will win a poster, since i'm auctioning off 5 copies of this poster.

- all proceeds will go towards a homeless shelter Sarah and i visited this past month called Open House Ministries. while some of you might not be keen on the religious association, we checked them out and they are legit, they help families get off the streets, putting them in an apartment, helping them find work and education. a hand up instead of a hand out, as they say. they also run a thrift store, coffee shop and bike shop run by volunteers, all proceeds going towards helping the homeless. all in all, i was impressed and wanted to contribute. our goal is to raise enough to buy materials to donate, such as backpacks furnished with items teenagers need. its an ongoing project but all funds raised by this sale will go towards it, and i'll keep everyone updated on my blog as things happen.

- the winning bids will need to pay within 24 hours or we'll just move down to the next bid. who knows, maybe only 5 people will bid. you can bid as many times as you like, if you see your bid outbid.

- the auction will close this Sunday at 5PM PST.

so, that's it, thanks again,
best
tyler
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
lujborg
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:07 pm

there will be bids a flyin when the witching hour approaches
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:59 pm

lujborg wrote:there will be bids a flyin when the witching hour approaches
Eh, considering it's a blind auction? Don't see the advantage of sniping, but maybe it's been too long since I've gotten in a bidding war... :lol:

Anyway, major props to Tyler et al, standup choice there. :clap:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:32 pm

and with there being 5, just means you need to be top 5, not top bidder.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
fitz
Art Expert

Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:05 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
lujborg wrote:there will be bids a flyin when the witching hour approaches
Eh, considering it's a blind auction? Don't see the advantage of sniping, but maybe it's been too long since I've gotten in a bidding war... :lol:

Anyway, major props to Tyler et al, standup choice there. :clap:
its not totally blind as he is giving updates - some big bids on the 5 available so far - cheapest of the 5 is at $888 - so that is looking like a great sum being raised :pint:
MooseThompson
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:58 pm

alright, bidding has closed, last ones came in, quite the photo finish, some close ones. but the winning bids are

$1250
$1151
$1130
$1115
$1113
Nice little fundraiser. Would hate to have bid $1112