Avengers: Age of Ultron 15 Stout Release Discussion 10/01/15

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
Cragars
Art Expert

Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:37 am

Neat.
SnakeEyes75
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:46 pm

Codeblue wrote:Ultron is turrible. By far the worst of the Marvel fudge. Even worse than Thor 2 and that's saying something.
Thor 2 is great, do you like Marvel?
SnakeEyes75
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:50 pm

whiskaz wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote:
punch wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Ultron is turrible. By far the worst of the Marvel fudge. Even worse than Thor 2 and that's saying something.
No it wasn't... Thor 2 was way worse.
So was Iron Man 3 and both Hulks...

I liked Ultron. Different than most marvel universe movies... darker... But overall pretty good without pandering. I'd rewatch Ultron more than I would the original IMO. The original was too kiddy for me. I think the group fight scenes were better in Ultron too.
And IM3 is easily my favorite from that series. Go figure. Different strokes for different folks... but it sure seems like the hate towards Ultron is a bit unearned. I was expecting something really awful. Like either Thor flick :lol:

ETA: Sorry...back to the regularly scheduled release discussion.
Funny the differences in opinions on the marvel films; I like them all to some degree - but IM3 doesn't age well IMO, mostly because the whole Mandarin thing. I see I am in the minority by liking the Thor Films. And Capt. America FA is very underrated, in my top 5 of Marvel.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:03 pm

As someone who didn't read the comics, the whole Mandarin switch-a-roo didn't bother me at all.
mike123230
Art Expert

Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:08 pm

dylansdad wrote:Can't believe I got this one. It happened to drop during a ten minute staff meeting break when I checked on my phone. Never would have thought I'd successfully order a Stout on an iPhone.

Was the demand for this less because the movie was only average (at best)?
Great! Feel like you haven't been around in forever. Glad you scored.
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:10 pm

whiskaz wrote:As someone who didn't read the comics, the whole Mandarin switch-a-roo didn't bother me at all.
I'm a comics nerd, and after kinda sitting on that reveal for a while, I reached the conclusion that the switch-a-roo wasn't what actually bothered me, it was the fact that the person being switched in was not nearly as interesting as the one being replaced. The idea was not bad at all, but the weight of who was behind the curtain has to be more intimidating, and I have to say once that reveal happened, given how the third act played out, it ended up just feeling a bit generic villain-wise...which is probably where the real disappointment stems from.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
SnakeEyes75
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:33 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
whiskaz wrote:As someone who didn't read the comics, the whole Mandarin switch-a-roo didn't bother me at all.
I'm a comics nerd, and after kinda sitting on that reveal for a while, I reached the conclusion that the switch-a-roo wasn't what actually bothered me, it was the fact that the person being switched in was not nearly as interesting as the one being replaced. The idea was not bad at all, but the weight of who was behind the curtain has to be more intimidating, and I have to say once that reveal happened, given how the third act played out, it ended up just feeling a bit generic villain-wise...which is probably where the real disappointment stems from.
Pretty much agree. Don't water the Mandarin down like that. Also, may sound like a nitpick, but the main suit he had in the film is pretty much the worst / ugliest one in the movies. Especially since he hasn't had an all gold suit in the modern era. Looked weird.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:36 pm

Rumor mill says that Kevin Feige says that Killian (Mandarin) was not the real mandarin, either. Says, maybe the "real" mandarin will appear in future films. Sounds stupid and far fetched. So, yeah, the films are hitting the same ridiculous wavelength as the comics :P

Personally I like all the marvel studio films. If we wanna talk bad movies, let's discuss Fox.
binky79
Art Expert

Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:50 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:Rumor mill says that Kevin Feige says that Killian (Mandarin) was not the real mandarin, either. Says, maybe the "real" mandarin will appear in future films. Sounds stupid and far fetched. So, yeah, the films are hitting the same ridiculous wavelength as the comics :P

Personally I like all the marvel studio films. If we wanna talk bad movies, let's discuss Fox.
Spoilers? In the "One-Shot" short film 'All Hail the King' (Thor 2 extras) The Ten Rings/Real Mandarin break Trevor Slattery (Ben Kingsley) out of prison. So they've already sort-of introduced it into the MCU.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:11 pm

Thank you binky. That's a very cool tie-in. I hope they bring Sir Kingsley back to the MCU, I thought he was fantastic.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:26 pm

Lotto copy arrived today, plus 2 stickers. That was fast! :clap:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
hypocrite
Art Enthusiast

Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:21 pm

KSUvet wrote:Lotto copy arrived today, plus 2 stickers. That was fast! :clap:
Wow, that was quick! I am still waiting on HCG to ship. Anyone received their copy from HCG?
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:23 pm

hypocrite wrote:
Wow, that was quick! I am still waiting on HCG to ship. Anyone received their copy from HCG?
Doubt it. Unless you mean the ones from NYCC.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:35 pm

hypocrite wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
MrSubjective
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:45 pm

HCG just shipped my AoU