Team Fox Marty 15 Cooper Release Discussion 07/17/15

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15372
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:43 pm

relentlesskevin wrote:Would go nicely with my signed Christopher lloyd:
Image
But now I would need to get MJF to sign it...

he was signing at the con, would have only cost you a mere £445.

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/in ... hael-j-fox
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
dskdaniel
Art Expert
Posts: 3530
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 pm
Location: Hollywood

Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:25 pm

relentlesskevin wrote:Would go nicely with my signed Christopher lloyd:
Image
But now I would need to get MJF to sign it...
I'd like to see Rhys do a new Doc matched in size/style with this new one.
User avatar
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:55 am

Holy fudge, did I really just score one after not being around for a few days?? :drool: :drool: Too happy right now at 3am lol
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53508
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:02 am

Celsius wrote:Is this the first BTTF screenprint to have official likeness rights for Michael J Fox? Pretty cool accomplishment if so.
Not really. No title.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Zer0T0lerance00
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:00 am

Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:16 am

fantasticninja wrote:Holy fudge, did I really just score one after not being around for a few days?? :drool: :drool: Too happy right now at 3am lol

Nice. Huge score! Not sure why these haven't sold out yet.
User avatar
ldiddy
Art Expert
Posts: 2878
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:00 am

Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:44 am

Zer0T0lerance00 wrote:
fantasticninja wrote:Holy fudge, did I really just score one after not being around for a few days?? :drool: :drool: Too happy right now at 3am lol

Nice. Huge score! Not sure why these haven't sold out yet.
I think the fact that they're being shipped overseas, if it were US they'd probably be gone.
Zer0T0lerance00
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:00 am

Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:31 am

ldiddy wrote:
Zer0T0lerance00 wrote:
fantasticninja wrote:Holy fudge, did I really just score one after not being around for a few days?? :drool: :drool: Too happy right now at 3am lol

Nice. Huge score! Not sure why these haven't sold out yet.
I think the fact that they're being shipped overseas, if it were US they'd probably be gone.

Really? Sounds like the shipping cost is reasonable.

This print has likeness, Delorean x 2, references(clock tower, fade away, digital clock etc), great artist and the overall composition is in the shape of a Hoverboard. This print is amazing.
User avatar
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:47 pm

Definitely one of the best BTTF prints to come out since Laurent's IMO. Especially since MJF's likeness is on it, plus the composition is amazing :clap:
seppuku
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:50 pm

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:59 pm

Very proud of Mike at Under the Floorboards for all the hard work he put into this.
Got full approval and support from Universal and Amblin and the blessing and final tick of approval from Michael J Fox himself.
To use the official title though you also need the approval of Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale, I don't think would have been a problem but also requires a huge licensing fee which would have defeated the purpose of raising money for the Team Fox charity which was the point of the print and how we got Michael's personal support.
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18168
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 pm

seppuku wrote:Very proud of Mike at Under the Floorboards for all the hard work he put into this.
Got full approval and support from Universal and Amblin and the blessing and final tick of approval from Michael J Fox himself.
To use the official title though you also need the approval of Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale, I don't think would have been a problem but also requires a huge licensing fee which would have defeated the purpose of raising money for the Team Fox charity which was the point of the print and how we got Michael's personal support.
Nice work Rhys :clap:
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
ldiddy
Art Expert
Posts: 2878
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:00 am

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Zer0T0lerance00 wrote:
ldiddy wrote:
Zer0T0lerance00 wrote:
fantasticninja wrote:Holy fudge, did I really just score one after not being around for a few days?? :drool: :drool: Too happy right now at 3am lol

Nice. Huge score! Not sure why these haven't sold out yet.
I think the fact that they're being shipped overseas, if it were US they'd probably be gone.

Really? Sounds like the shipping cost is reasonable.

This print has likeness, Delorean x 2, references(clock tower, fade away, digital clock etc), great artist and the overall composition is in the shape of a Hoverboard. This print is amazing.
Agreed on all fronts, let's get this thing sold out then! Goes to charity after all
spunkmonkey
Art Expert
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:00 am

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:44 pm

To use the official title though you also need the approval of Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale, I don't think would have been a problem but also requires a huge licensing fee which would have defeated the purpose of raising money for the Team Fox charity which was the point of the print and how we got Michael's personal support.
Just curious, but don't you think they could have waived the fee due to it being for the Team Fox charity? Regardless, great print for a good cause.
User avatar
atomicdustbin
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Two posters were commissioned for the event, one was a promo giveaway of 3000 litho's by Matt Griffin. This one had the logo on it and was not allowed to be sold for fund raising purposes.
Rhy's was allowed and I didn't ask nor did I argue.
The fact that I had permission by from Universal, Amblin and MJFox was good enough for me and I hope Rhys.
Whether there may have been more red tape with MJFox and Universal? I don't really know. We had very little time and Rhys graciously fitted in the art and Seizure the printing. The posters arrived 3 days before the convention.

I'm more than happy with it all, just because the actual title is not on there doesn't take away the fact that its a BTTF print and raising money for a good cause.

So thanks to Rhys and Seizure and all who have bought so far.
I hope to be sending these out very soon, just had a sample tube arrive, needed to check the weight when packaged otherwise if too heavy it slips into a higher P&P price range.
User avatar
2004WRX
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:51 pm

Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:39 pm

Can't wait for my copy!
dskdaniel
Art Expert
Posts: 3530
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 pm
Location: Hollywood

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:32 pm

I appreciate the email update today on the status of the print. Looking forward to this one.
Post Reply