Jimi 15 Brainwash Release Discussion 03/06/15

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:52 pm

Anti-hype? What the drymount does it have to do with the people posting they don't know why they bought this? Quite a few impulse purchases were reported (usually none is, maybe one at most). The drop was unannounced. Some people thought they had a minute or two at most to make their decision of buying or not as opposed to a few days. Draw your own conclusions.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:03 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
bryndavies wrote:It's a marketing ploy. Unannounced makes it seem more special. that's my impression, at least.

lends itself to more impulse purchases, or i would think it would.

exactly. sure he sells out every release, seems these days hat if you don't you're doing it wrong, so that point carries little weight. regardless, the point i'm making is simply that it was a marketing technique. companies and industries who have no problem making sales still employ advertising and marketing. it's just good business. kinda why obey's website works smooth one day, and not the next, etc, etc. we're all just living in this fiction of a marketplace anyhow, to think that the designers of it are also not playing the game is naive.
ImageT.K.C.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:11 pm

I don't know that it's an all elaborate conspiracy to benefit the business. Could also be seen as a way to give a chance to some fans who have little to no chance of grabbing your art through the usual process.. Just like some artists do the time-limit thing once in a while for the regular, slow, mortal.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:24 pm

Sorry to interupt but I remember reading on a blog that there are artists who buy all their own art back on the secondary market to create a bigger demand. Is that really possible? and I passed but I would have bought Purple if I was forced to.
The Original Pure Hemp Rolling Papers NOT Made In CHINA Unlike A Lot Of Our Competitors

PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:30 pm

tranito wrote:Just like some artists do the time-limit thing once in a while for the regular, slow, mortal.
Wonder how well MRB would do a timed release... :?

I actually do not think there were too many ebers saying "why the drymount did they buy?". Don't think there are too many who regret the purchase either.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:53 pm

bubbie wrote:
tranito wrote:Just like some artists do the time-limit thing once in a while for the regular, slow, mortal.

I actually do not think there were too many ebers saying "why the drymount did they buy?". Don't think there are too many who regret the purchase either.

That'd be interesting to se him to a timed. And don't get me wrong, congrats to those who scored and wanted this. But I can say I was almost one of the apparent few who would have been asking myself, "Wtf did in just do?" Granted, I'm no MBW fan, so that would clearly have been part of the equation.
ImageT.K.C.
mrkyuss
Art God

Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:36 am

I did not buy this.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:43 am

Racist.
ImageT.K.C.
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:12 am

MaxCollinsII wrote:Sorry to interupt but I remember reading on a blog that there are artists who buy all their own art back on the secondary market to create a bigger demand. Is that really possible? and I passed but I would have bought Purple if I was forced to.
OK... I am forcing you to buy my purple for 1K :clap:
Cragars
Art Expert

Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:25 am

bubbie wrote:

heh, I think I was the first to say that. Not too much panic or regret can come from a 250 buck decision, it's just I try to not impulse buy. It's a good tactic though, forcing people to make a snap decision, it shakes off all the people on the fence. :lol:

Not a stellar print but it's Jimi and probably printed well, it's enough. Choe's Hendrix print beats it but 250>2.5k+
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:31 am

It sure shook me. But my 2015 resolution was to only buy things I'd be happy keeping. So I steered on point with this decision.
ImageT.K.C.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:29 am

mrkyuss wrote:I did not buy this.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mrkyuss
Art God

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:47 am

Where you been all night? Movie?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:07 am

Not really. Seen anything good lately?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mrkyuss
Art God

Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:10 am

Saw Kingsman on a double-date night. Was mildly enjoyable.