A Charlie Brown Christmas 14 Delort Release Discussion 11/25

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
Post Reply
automator
Nobody
Posts: 130891
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:24 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for A Charlie Brown Christmas 14 Delort - 1st

Image
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert
Posts: 1179
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:39 am

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Anyway you'd let us know how many of each edition has been secured already through Jimi presale so I know whether to try for Var or not.
cdhague
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:47 am
Location: Texas

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:32 pm

WhoLikesRingo wrote:Anyway you'd let us know how many of each edition has been secured already through Jimi presale so I know whether to try for Var or not.
:iagree:
User avatar
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert
Posts: 1339
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:46 pm

WhoLikesRingo wrote:Anyway you'd let us know how many of each edition has been secured already through Jimi presale so I know whether to try for Var or not.
Hi Ringo, both Variant Dalton Jimi editions are already sold out. So since there's only 80 Variants total for "A Charlie Brown Christmas" it's going to be very tight on Variants. The Std has a larger run overall, not huge, but still some 375 total, minus all the Jimi Stds sold. Plus there's also Jimi buyers buying because they only want Max and/or Jimi, so where they don't exercise their reserve those add'ls will go into the gen Std or Variant "A Charlie Brown Christmas" pool released next Tues.

Thanks much,
DHM
http://www.darkhallmansionstore.com
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert
Posts: 1179
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:39 am

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Okay, so only 10 or so remain of the var. thank you.
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 16454
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:07 pm

I like it. I hang the Whalen/Durieux's in December, this would be a nice addition.
...
...
That's what she said
whiterabbit40
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:07 pm

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:08 pm

Sucks. Id really like to go for a variant only but it doesn't seem worth my time since there's so few. Great print though. Those of you who got in there ahead of time thru the Jimi Hendrix are pretty lucky in my opinion
User avatar
Noah0189
Art Expert
Posts: 2362
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:47 pm

I personally like this print, but find it pretty crappy that DHM baited people to buy other prints that they might not want so they can get on a reserve list for this.
acidburn wrote:...Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.
User avatar
silo
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:54 am

Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:31 am

I'm not really blown away with it to be honest. Pumpkin was far better.
User avatar
jrsheppa
Art Expert
Posts: 5431
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: The South

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:10 am

Noah0189 wrote:I personally like this print, but find it pretty crappy that DHM baited people to buy other prints that they might not want so they can get on a reserve list for this.
Go to the DHM thread. They give a relatively good explanation.
User avatar
ColonelCash
Art Expert
Posts: 3748
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:00 am
Contact:

Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:15 pm

The site says those who buy the Jimi print get a shot at STD Charlie Browns, not the VAR. Which is it?

"*Collectors still wishing to reserve Nicolas Delort’s “A Charlie Brown Christmas” STD edition print, in advance of next week’s Nov 25th general release, may still do so by purchasing DHM’s “The Jimi Hendrix Experience” STD edition print by artist Max Dalton which comes with an automatic lock/reserve right to pay separately-and in advance-for Nicolas Delort’s “A Charlie Brown Christmas.” "
User avatar
woodrowgus
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 618
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:04 pm
Location: The island of Maui

Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:57 pm

ColonelCash wrote:The site says those who buy the Jimi print get a shot at STD Charlie Browns, not the VAR. Which is it?

"*Collectors still wishing to reserve Nicolas Delort’s “A Charlie Brown Christmas” STD edition print, in advance of next week’s Nov 25th general release, may still do so by purchasing DHM’s “The Jimi Hendrix Experience” STD edition print by artist Max Dalton which comes with an automatic lock/reserve right to pay separately-and in advance-for Nicolas Delort’s “A Charlie Brown Christmas.” "
The standard. The variant reserve is no longer available, as the Dalton Hendrix variant prints that secured a Delort variant are sold out.
User avatar
maddog76
Flipper
Posts: 1907
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:00 am

Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:38 pm

When you do you provide purchase info for the Jimi buyers?
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 24076
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:40 pm

maddog76 wrote:When you do you provide purchase info for the Jimi buyers?
They've said on FB/twitter instructions for purchasing will be emailed Friday/Saturday.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
churdiales
Art Expert
Posts: 2465
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: USA

Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:48 pm

i love Delort's work -true craftmanship- but, how does this say Christmas in black and white ("das racist," I know)?

All jokes aside, B&W worked for Pumpkin, but for Christmas? Really?

edit: the white lights are class; just seem too trite and lonesome, guess that's Charlie...
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.
Post Reply