Primus Dallas 14 Welker Release Discussion 11/19/14

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:52 pm

YellowBedwetter wrote:
MrSubjective wrote:
YellowBedwetter wrote: regardless, the system is drymounted
Just cause you missed out, the system is drymounted? lol
no, in theory, you shouldn't be able to cart something that's sold out if carting said item doesn't guarantee purchase. that doesn't make sense, logically.
System is fine... the message needs adjusted. It should read more like BigCartel's- "Item is in people's carts... keep trying" etc... Carting on shopify does not lock the item but carting and heading to the first stage of checkout does.
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:54 pm

whiskaz wrote:
YellowBedwetter wrote:
MrSubjective wrote:
no, in theory, you shouldn't be able to cart something that's sold out if carting said item doesn't guarantee purchase. that doesn't make sense, logically.
System is fine... the message needs adjusted. It should read more like BigCartel's- "Item is in people's carts... keep trying" etc... Carting on shopify does not lock the item but carting and heading to the first stage of checkout does.

Carting and clicking checkout on mondo reserves your item. On this website, it is not reserved when you head into the first stage of checkout. It isn't reserved until your CC payment goes through apparently.
mademehmmm
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:54 pm

YellowBedwetter wrote:
MrSubjective wrote:
Isnt that exactly what it means, the ability to put it in your cart does not guarantee anything - at any point.
Last edited by mademehmmm on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matowest
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:55 pm

whiskaz wrote:Carting on shopify does not lock the item but carting and heading to the first stage of checkout does.
On Mondo, yes. Not sure about the accuracy of this statement on Bottleneck, which is what some seem to be upset about.
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:56 pm

mademehmmm wrote:
YellowBedwetter wrote:
MrSubjective wrote:
Isnt that exactly what it means, the ability to put it in your cart does no guarantee anything - at any point.
yes, but then why are people able to score posters that initially say "sold out" a minute later?
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:06 pm

I'm sure that bottleneck has their reasons for doing it this way and I know that there is no perfect system for a drop... but this system just seems especially inefficient (if that's the right word). i don't have a bot or the brains/ability to use one lol so i need to continuously keep re-typing my entire shipping info/payment info only to find that it's sold out...right after fighting to get it into my cart to begin with. part of me was really scared that my credit card was gonna be charged like 100 times... it just seems like you're handing it to the bots whereas i might've had a shot if it was just a race to put it in your cart and then you had a few minutes to enter shipping/payment info (and why not limit the number that you can add to your cart to a smaller number like 1 or 2?)

ok but that's really the end of my rant.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:23 pm

What system do people think is any better or immune to bots? If you are still filling in your shipping/billing info. manually, I don't think you have much of a shot at anything. This bot talk is out of control, I doubt that many people even used one for this drop.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:36 pm

Kramerica wrote:What system do people think is any better or immune to bots? If you are still filling in your shipping/billing info. manually, I don't think you have much of a shot at anything. This bot talk is out of control, I doubt that many people even used one for this drop.

So, people who need to fill out their info manually should just give up? Maybe i'm misunderstanding what a bot is, but if you have a program that fills out your info automatically... what exactly is the difference between that and a bot?

Sometimes when I click field, it will give me recent options to auto-fill, but just as often, the wrong info gets put in the wrong field. This was also the first time I ever even made it to the checkout page on this site, so I think next time my shipping info will be stored in my account... but still need to type in CC info...
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:37 pm

Good luck to you sir.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:39 pm

not that i'm a fan of captchas, but i would probably support mondo's system with a captcha when you click checkout. basically just a race to click the add to cart button then the checkout button, then type the captcha and you now have 5 minutes to type your info in. the bot can do the first 2 clicks for you, but really that wouldn't save much time.
mcupp77
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:40 pm

my $.02 I feel the artist should make a printable document that us collectors need to fill out and mail in by a certain day. The said artist then will conduct a drawing and mail the postcard back to the winners with payment information. After the winners receive the postcard they mail in a cheque the artists waits for cheque to clear and then mails out the print. Smooth as silk
whiskaz
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:42 pm

matowest wrote:
whiskaz wrote:Carting on shopify does not lock the item but carting and heading to the first stage of checkout does.
On Mondo, yes. Not sure about the accuracy of this statement on Bottleneck, which is what some seem to be upset about.
Yea, a little baffled by that since both use Shopify... I'll have to look into it.
aznpunkyu
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:42 pm

I was able to type in my cc and get the line art. I believe a lot of it is timing and luck, since people have managed to pick up drops on their phones.
Image THC x 3
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Whitey9457 wrote:
Kramerica wrote:What system do people think is any better or immune to bots? If you are still filling in your shipping/billing info. manually, I don't think you have much of a shot at anything. This bot talk is out of control, I doubt that many people even used one for this drop.

So, people who need to fill out their info manually should just give up? Maybe i'm misunderstanding what a bot is, but if you have a program that fills out your info automatically... what exactly is the difference between that and a bot?

Sometimes when I click field, it will give me recent options to auto-fill, but just as often, the wrong info gets put in the wrong field. This was also the first time I ever even made it to the checkout page on this site, so I think next time my shipping info will be stored in my account... but still need to type in CC info...
If you use Chrome you can edit your autofill settings (and delete outdated addresses and the like) from your settings menu. It also typically recognizes address "forms" and autofills them the first time.

I'm sure you can figure out a way to not have to type in your credit card info, at least not the number itself.

Even that said, you're still gonna miss sometimes on drops with hundreds of people trying for sub-100 print runs. Try not to let it ruin your day is all I can say.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:44 pm

whiskaz wrote:
matowest wrote:
Yea, a little baffled by that since both use Shopify... I'll have to look into it.
Pretty sure with all shopify once you get past the inventory page you're all good to go. Now that times limited but I was able to cart and ask a member here if he needed the foil and entered all there info in the time being.

+1 for pb
Same fudge, different drop.