Protect the Sacred 14 Fairey Release Discussion 11/11/14

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9825
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:21 pm

omyweenis wrote:
mllk wrote:
bryndavies wrote:if any nice, reputable, and genuine member wants help with this tomorrow, shoot me a pm.
Isn't this dropping today?
what i thought

yeah, i was up still past midnight, so technically ya'll were right. happy for those who scored.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
reddog76
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:39 pm
Location: Planet Earth

Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Wow, not one refresh. I hope its this easy Thursday.


I really want the blondie print.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6757
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:44 pm

DixonSteele wrote:
jjttdw wrote:Its a nice print outside of what seems to be a grammatically incorrect caption.
"Protect the Sacred"?

That grammar looks on point to me.

Sacred is an adjective.

Adjective: a word or phrase naming an attribute, added to or grammatically related to a noun to modify or describe it.

Protect the Sacred Lands is fine. Protect the Sacred begs the question...Protect the Sacred WHAT? The noun that Sacred describes is missing.

I'm sure several grammar errors are present in my post and I probably couldn't correctly diagram a sentence if someone put a gun to my head for motivation so I'm not sure why it even bothers me.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
natemacd
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: CT

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:08 pm

jjttdw wrote:
DixonSteele wrote:
jjttdw wrote:Its a nice print outside of what seems to be a grammatically incorrect caption.
"Protect the Sacred"?

That grammar looks on point to me.

Sacred is an adjective.
Adjective: a word or phrase naming an attribute, added to or grammatically related to a noun to modify or describe it.
Protect the Sacred Lands is fine. Protect the Sacred begs the question...Protect the Sacred WHAT? The noun that Sacred describes is missing.
I'm sure several grammar errors are present in my post and I probably couldn't correctly diagram a sentence if someone put a gun to my head for motivation so I'm not sure why it even bothers me.

The noun is implied and can be anything in the print. Much deeper meaning when the subject isn't given
User avatar
exiter
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 914
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:21 pm
Location: Newton Falls, Ohio.
Contact:

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:09 pm

ACK! :hanging:


...missed it.
"It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." -Anton Szandor LaVey
¡Artistas Fantásticos! William Rupnik Gallery -> http://t.co/fjBY3mOv
1xRUN Invite -> http://1xrun.com/invite/exiter
User avatar
celestians
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:35 am
Location: New York

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:09 pm

the cart trick doesn't work anymore?
User avatar
danjohnjohnson
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:23 am

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:18 pm

celestians wrote:the cart trick doesn't work anymore?
I have NO idea what you're talking about...
Image
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6757
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:24 pm

natemacd wrote:
jjttdw wrote:
DixonSteele wrote:
jjttdw wrote:Its a nice print outside of what seems to be a grammatically incorrect caption.
"Protect the Sacred"?

That grammar looks on point to me.

Sacred is an adjective.
Adjective: a word or phrase naming an attribute, added to or grammatically related to a noun to modify or describe it.
Protect the Sacred Lands is fine. Protect the Sacred begs the question...Protect the Sacred WHAT? The noun that Sacred describes is missing.
I'm sure several grammar errors are present in my post and I probably couldn't correctly diagram a sentence if someone put a gun to my head for motivation so I'm not sure why it even bothers me.

The noun is implied and can be anything in the print. Much deeper meaning when the subject isn't given
I hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13746
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:28 pm

celestians wrote:the cart trick doesn't work anymore?
Nope. Better find a different hack.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
nevadinova
Art Expert
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:00 am

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Kramerica wrote:
celestians wrote:the cart trick doesn't work anymore?
Nope. Better find a different hack.
Now that it doesn't work, will someone tell me what it was? Simply curious.
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:36 pm

oof. the F/S to ISO ratio on this is turrible.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:02 pm

celestians wrote:the cart trick doesn't work anymore?

pretty amazing 11th post.
Image
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:07 pm

nevadinova wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
celestians wrote:the cart trick doesn't work anymore?
Nope. Better find a different hack.
Now that it doesn't work, will someone tell me what it was? Simply curious.

I'm going to use my 5th amendment right and protect the sacred


Image
Image
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52338
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:11 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:oof. the F/S to ISO ratio on this is turrible.
Buncha mma-forum-level flippers up in hur.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Post Reply