Poster for George 14 Fairey Release Discussion 10/24/14

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:59 am

hoping they are delayed because they are waiting on tubes.
canuck
Art Freak

Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Fattyramone wrote: Who you calling fatty you Canadian twat? :D
:lol: :lol:

Glad it arrived safely for ya. Was the obey symbol in the bottom right? Okay no more questions.

Cheers
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:12 pm

Yes Mike , bottom right , obey icon symbol , same as the red.

You still playing scrabble mate?
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:14 pm

LLA wrote:I purchased from the UK store as well and that does not look promising. I guess that is what we get for $8 shipping worldwide.
if they were worried about saving money they should have gone to McDonalds and stolen toilet paper to stuff the boxes with :hanging: it

Phuscktards
canuck
Art Freak

Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Fattyramone wrote:Yes Mike , bottom right , obey icon symbol , same as the red.

You still playing scrabble mate?
Cool.

Nah haven't played in awhile.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:25 pm

I think it was a general all round rooster up on the postage front. ...UK , Europe and America/Oz , I don't think it was any grand master scheme to save money , especially as nowadays there's as much cost emphasis put on the length of the tube as the weight?

And with the Harrison estate being as rich as it is I've no doubt that someone somewhere just "ahh bollocks to it" and just ate the extra costs incurred rather than try and tie 400 emails to 400 orders for the 400 extra postage costs.

However that's not to excuse the undoubtably flimsy packing that has been used .....but I bet the same flimsy packing would have been used even if they had charged you guys $30-$40 (and us here in the UK £8-£10)
artyparty
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:24 pm

I got my silver in today from the US site. It came in a tube rolled in kraft paper but no tissue paper. No damage luckily. It does have a line of chub rub but my red one also had one. I guess it almost impossible to get a print with this much black on it without some rub.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Silver and Red both touched down yesterday. Silver packed perfectly by Music Today. (?!?) Red is so much better it's not even funny! The red really touches off the metallic gold.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
Beakman
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:46 pm

My silver landed today and was dead mint except for a line of scuffs that run vertical? Never seen this on a print before like someone packed it while the ink was a little wet? Just a thin line a couple of inches above the signature? Any way to fix a thin line scuff on black ink without messing the print up? Anyone else have this issue on their print?
Wanna Bot? PM ME....

$1500 buy in!
canuck wrote:I think I have jammed that check out button a hundred times now.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:01 pm

Beakman wrote:My silver landed today and was dead mint except for a line of scuffs that run vertical? Never seen this on a print before like someone packed it while the ink was a little wet? Just a thin line a couple of inches above the signature? Any way to fix a thin line scuff on black ink without messing the print up? Anyone else have this issue on their print?
Both of mine have scuffs (chub rub), from Obey and the US Harrison store. My silver one has more scuffs maybe similar to what you are saying. Besides the line or rubbing from the kraft paper, there are other minor scuffs which are maybe from handling on the silver one. Unless you know what you are doing I would probably leave it as is or you might make it worse. They should have rolled these face down or with tissue.
Noah0189
Art Expert

Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:37 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Silver and Red both touched down yesterday. Silver packed perfectly by Music Today. (?!?) Red is so much better it's not even funny! The red really touches off the metallic gold.
Got both mine. Very impressed by the music today packing. Not that it was stellar, but the fact that they used kraft paper and a uline. They actually rolled it better than obey too. Lol
acidburn wrote:...Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.
lsmith55
Art Expert

Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:25 am

I am really thinking maybe Shep has learned from past mishaps with collaborating vendors. I would like to think he sort of advised Music Today on how to pack these properly.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:30 am

Noah0189 wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Silver and Red both touched down yesterday. Silver packed perfectly by Music Today. (?!?) Red is so much better it's not even funny! The red really touches off the metallic gold.
Got both mine. Very impressed by the music today packing. Not that it was stellar, but the fact that they used kraft paper and a uline. They actually rolled it better than obey too. Lol
Better than obey? I don't know many companies that ship better than they do, as I rarely have problems with my orders.
Same fudge, different drop.
CoA
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:24 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
Noah0189 wrote:
Better than obey? I don't know many companies that ship better than they do, as I rarely have problems with my orders.
OG do a good job. The only thing they could do better is if they put a piece of tissue or glassine paper over the top of the prints before rolling, especially on the prints with large blocks of dark colors.
lsmith55
Art Expert

Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:32 pm

I think they should just continue rolling letterpress's. Great job! :roll: