Ouroburos 14 Horkey / Ryan Release Discussion 06/30/14

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 22980
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:59 pm

I find any serious, nuanced discussion difficult when we have to break out sentences like "Smellmysocks is a horkey fanatic, so i think he just took it a bit personally." Then again, I also wonder how conversations on here would go if my screenname was "yourbigfatuglymama" and people had to refer to me directly in that regard.

Art was nice, price was higher than some were anticipating, still sold out in a flash. Not that big of a story.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
lsmith55
Art Expert
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:00 pm

Bralumian wrote:
lsmith55 wrote:
punch wrote:Isn't complaining about the price totally irrelevant due to the fact that it sold out in seconds?

It's a useless complaint anyways. The fact that a small handful of copies were sold at that price point in the blink of an eye means the pricing was spot on perfect. Ya'll are just spinning your wheels talking about it.
So is the fact that Remy Adrift was sold on P&T for $165 a "perfect price" considering that it goes for far less now when it immediately sold out?

Your logic makes no sense, nor does anyone commenting on the price of artwork on an art message board mean its any less useless. Sure, it might be useless to you, so if that's the case, don't read it.

To be fair- I guess it's almost as useless as someone claiming they know a certain artist is doing a vinyl for a certain popular movie, only to find out that person with "insider info", was completely wrong.
this is america and you are free to comment/complain about whatever you want, however, that doesn't mean that others aren't going to comment in return, especially when said comments make you sound like such a twat. not sure who you think you are to determine the price of an artists' work, but i'm sure jay & aaron will give you a ring next time to see if you think them honing their craft is overpriced. independent of the caliber of the two artists involved in this print, $150 for a collaborative effort print with an edition of 95 is reasonable give the time & effort that goes into creating it.

in the spate of comments you've made it's readily apparent that you are far more concerned about money and the relative value of prints as opposed to the art itself or the time and toil that goes into producing it. that being said, i suppose it's not surprising that your 'collection' is private yet you have several pages of WT (including horkey pieces) so perhaps all this is to you is a means to an end - or to put it in more basic terms, a cash grab. so, in reality, i guess the reason you are so butthurt about them charging a higher price is because it effects your profit margin when you decide to sell the print as opposed to putting it on your wall or adding it to your 'collection'.
You sound like a dipshit with your rant, bud. Do you even realize what you are saying? Several people said they thought it was over-priced. Not sure if you can read, but not one person said they think they should determine what artist's charge, but instead said that they personally said it was not worth that to them... I think you are taking some liberties. Perhaps you should limit how often you jump to conclusions? Obviously some thought the price was fair as it did sell out.

I have nearly 300 prints in my collection, a small fraction of them being for sale. You seem really concerned about what I'm up to, so feel free to shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to tell you more if you are so interested.
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
User avatar
lsmith55
Art Expert
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:01 pm

jkw3000 wrote:I find any serious, nuanced discussion difficult when we have to break out sentences like "Smellmysocks is a horkey fanatic, so i think he just took it a bit personally." Then again, I also wonder how conversations on here would go if my screenname was "yourbigfatuglymama" and people had to refer to me directly in that regard.
:rolling: :rolling: touche'
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
User avatar
Superfro33
Art Expert
Posts: 7085
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:50 pm
Location: Marion, IA

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:04 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:The only ones oofing at the price are the ones that were hoping to make a buck off of it.
I've done the cross referencing. This is 100% accurate. :lol:
User avatar
Timbrh2001
Art Expert
Posts: 8416
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: 'Merica

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
PrintNoob87 wrote:The only ones oofing at the price are the ones that were hoping to make a buck off of it.
I've done the cross referencing. This is 100% accurate. :lol:
Jay don't leave no meat on the bone? What a jerk!

:lol:
User avatar
maden
Art Expert
Posts: 8257
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: Del Boca Vista

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:12 pm

guerilladubber wrote:Way to quote 3 people on that.... :roll:
If people can't infer who I am talking to then they should take a reading comprehension class.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

Image
User avatar
lsmith55
Art Expert
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:25 pm

Bralumian wrote:
it's readily apparent that you are far more concerned about money and the relative value of prints as opposed to the art itself or the time and toil that goes into producing it.
By the way... failed to realize that for you, it's "All about the art". :lol:
Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 2.23.45 PM.png
Last edited by lsmith55 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
User avatar
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak
Posts: 10134
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: A Whale's Vagina

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:27 pm

lsmith55 wrote:
punch wrote:Isn't complaining about the price totally irrelevant due to the fact that it sold out in seconds?

It's a useless complaint anyways. The fact that a small handful of copies were sold at that price point in the blink of an eye means the pricing was spot on perfect. Ya'll are just spinning your wheels talking about it.
So is the fact that Remy Adrift was sold on P&T for $165 a "perfect price" considering that it goes for far less now when it immediately sold out?

Your logic makes no sense, nor does anyone commenting on the price of artwork on an art message board mean its any less useless. Sure, it might be useless to you, so if that's the case, don't read it.

To be fair- I guess it's almost as useless as someone claiming they know a certain artist is doing a vinyl for a certain popular movie, only to find out that person with "insider info", was completely wrong.
Image
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
User avatar
CrustaR
Art Expert
Posts: 4173
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:34 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:33 pm

lsmith55 wrote:
Bralumian wrote:
lsmith55 wrote:
punch wrote:Isn't complaining about the price totally irrelevant due to the fact that it sold out in seconds?

It's a useless complaint anyways. The fact that a small handful of copies were sold at that price point in the blink of an eye means the pricing was spot on perfect. Ya'll are just spinning your wheels talking about it.
So is the fact that Remy Adrift was sold on P&T for $165 a "perfect price" considering that it goes for far less now when it immediately sold out?

Your logic makes no sense, nor does anyone commenting on the price of artwork on an art message board mean its any less useless. Sure, it might be useless to you, so if that's the case, don't read it.

To be fair- I guess it's almost as useless as someone claiming they know a certain artist is doing a vinyl for a certain popular movie, only to find out that person with "insider info", was completely wrong.
this is america and you are free to comment/complain about whatever you want, however, that doesn't mean that others aren't going to comment in return, especially when said comments make you sound like such a twat. not sure who you think you are to determine the price of an artists' work, but i'm sure jay & aaron will give you a ring next time to see if you think them honing their craft is overpriced. independent of the caliber of the two artists involved in this print, $150 for a collaborative effort print with an edition of 95 is reasonable give the time & effort that goes into creating it.

in the spate of comments you've made it's readily apparent that you are far more concerned about money and the relative value of prints as opposed to the art itself or the time and toil that goes into producing it. that being said, i suppose it's not surprising that your 'collection' is private yet you have several pages of WT (including horkey pieces) so perhaps all this is to you is a means to an end - or to put it in more basic terms, a cash grab. so, in reality, i guess the reason you are so butthurt about them charging a higher price is because it effects your profit margin when you decide to sell the print as opposed to putting it on your wall or adding it to your 'collection'.
By the way... failed to realize that for you, it's "All about the art". :lol:
Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 2.23.45 PM.png
Those The Hork APs aren't cheap! :drool:
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 606
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:00 am
Contact:

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:46 pm

lsmith55 wrote:
Bralumian wrote:
lsmith55 wrote:
punch wrote:Isn't complaining about the price totally irrelevant due to the fact that it sold out in seconds?

It's a useless complaint anyways. The fact that a small handful of copies were sold at that price point in the blink of an eye means the pricing was spot on perfect. Ya'll are just spinning your wheels talking about it.
So is the fact that Remy Adrift was sold on P&T for $165 a "perfect price" considering that it goes for far less now when it immediately sold out?

Your logic makes no sense, nor does anyone commenting on the price of artwork on an art message board mean its any less useless. Sure, it might be useless to you, so if that's the case, don't read it.

To be fair- I guess it's almost as useless as someone claiming they know a certain artist is doing a vinyl for a certain popular movie, only to find out that person with "insider info", was completely wrong.
this is america and you are free to comment/complain about whatever you want, however, that doesn't mean that others aren't going to comment in return, especially when said comments make you sound like such a twat. not sure who you think you are to determine the price of an artists' work, but i'm sure jay & aaron will give you a ring next time to see if you think them honing their craft is overpriced. independent of the caliber of the two artists involved in this print, $150 for a collaborative effort print with an edition of 95 is reasonable give the time & effort that goes into creating it.

in the spate of comments you've made it's readily apparent that you are far more concerned about money and the relative value of prints as opposed to the art itself or the time and toil that goes into producing it. that being said, i suppose it's not surprising that your 'collection' is private yet you have several pages of WT (including horkey pieces) so perhaps all this is to you is a means to an end - or to put it in more basic terms, a cash grab. so, in reality, i guess the reason you are so butthurt about them charging a higher price is because it effects your profit margin when you decide to sell the print as opposed to putting it on your wall or adding it to your 'collection'.
You sound like a dipshit with your rant, bud. Do you even realize what you are saying? Several people said they thought it was over-priced. Not sure if you can read, but not one person said they think they should determine what artist's charge, but instead said that they personally said it was not worth that to them... I think you are taking some liberties. Perhaps you should limit how often you jump to conclusions? Obviously some thought the price was fair as it did sell out.

I have nearly 300 prints in my collection, a small fraction of them being for sale. You seem really concerned about what I'm up to, so feel free to shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to tell you more if you are so interested.
i honestly couldn't care less about how many prints you purportedly have in your 'collection' - does that somehow give you some clout around here? regardless if i took a few liberties or not, it's clear that you missed my point entirely (it's inferred in a statement like 'i told myself over $50 and i'm out' that you are attempting to put a value on the artists' work) and i'm fairly certain i didn't jump to any conclusions considering you referred to the print as 'ridiculously overpriced' a few posts prior. seems i hit a nerve here somewhere (why else would you call me a dipshit?) - you want me to pour you a glass of milk and we can talk about it?

clearly you're a real sherlock holmes finding & posting a screen grab of my TWBB sale. it's a public forum, bud, so give yourself a big 'ol pat on the back for that one - it was pretty difficult. if you'll notice, i never said i didn't sell things from time to time, did i? my post was merely decrying you for speaking about nothing having to do with the art itself and only focusing on the fiscal aspects, at least as i read it.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13725
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:50 pm

He would only pay that much for a Sperry. Can we drop it now?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
lsmith55
Art Expert
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:52 pm

Bralumian wrote:
lsmith55 wrote:
Bralumian wrote:
this is america and you are free to comment/complain about whatever you want, however, that doesn't mean that others aren't going to comment in return, especially when said comments make you sound like such a twat. not sure who you think you are to determine the price of an artists' work, but i'm sure jay & aaron will give you a ring next time to see if you think them honing their craft is overpriced. independent of the caliber of the two artists involved in this print, $150 for a collaborative effort print with an edition of 95 is reasonable give the time & effort that goes into creating it.

in the spate of comments you've made it's readily apparent that you are far more concerned about money and the relative value of prints as opposed to the art itself or the time and toil that goes into producing it. that being said, i suppose it's not surprising that your 'collection' is private yet you have several pages of WT (including horkey pieces) so perhaps all this is to you is a means to an end - or to put it in more basic terms, a cash grab. so, in reality, i guess the reason you are so butthurt about them charging a higher price is because it effects your profit margin when you decide to sell the print as opposed to putting it on your wall or adding it to your 'collection'.
You sound like a dipshit with your rant, bud. Do you even realize what you are saying? Several people said they thought it was over-priced. Not sure if you can read, but not one person said they think they should determine what artist's charge, but instead said that they personally said it was not worth that to them... I think you are taking some liberties. Perhaps you should limit how often you jump to conclusions? Obviously some thought the price was fair as it did sell out.

I have nearly 300 prints in my collection, a small fraction of them being for sale. You seem really concerned about what I'm up to, so feel free to shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to tell you more if you are so interested.
i honestly couldn't care less about how many prints you purportedly have in your 'collection' - does that somehow give you some clout around here? regardless if i took a few liberties or not, it's clear that you missed my point entirely (it's inferred in a statement like 'i told myself over $50 and i'm out' that you are attempting to put a value on the artists' work) and i'm fairly certain i didn't jump to any conclusions considering you referred to the print as 'ridiculously overpriced' a few posts prior. seems i hit a nerve here somewhere (why else would you call me a dipshit?) - you want me to pour you a glass of milk and we can talk about it?

clearly you're a real sherlock holmes finding & posting a screen grab of my TWBB sale. it's a public forum, bud, so give yourself a big 'ol pat on the back for that one - it was pretty difficult. if you'll notice, i never said i didn't sell things from time to time, did i? my post was merely decrying you for speaking about nothing having to do with the art itself and only focusing on the fiscal aspects, at least as i read it.
Aside from posting my thoughts on the pricing you have no clue what the drymount I am thinking or intending to do. So until you develop mind-reading abilities, you can shut the hell up. You call me sherlock holmes, yet you did EXACTLY the same thing... Are you that void of logical thoughts?

Let he who is without For sale listings cast the first the stone...
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
User avatar
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:53 pm

How many prints come in the sub?
A public relations nightmare

SLAPPED WITH FLIPPING
User avatar
lsmith55
Art Expert
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:53 pm

Kramerica wrote:He would only pay that much for a Sperry. Can we drop it now?
Damn Straight. :drool:
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9824
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:54 pm

hey zues. usual suspect'd.
ImageT.K.C.
Post Reply