Scale Tipping 14 Fairey Release Discussion 04/29/14

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:53 pm

thatfilmguy wrote:
californiapm wrote:
waxenpi wrote:do you guys buy these weekly shep prints because they'll look great on your wall or because they're easy flips? just wondering...
I have never flipped a print, but I suspect that I am in the minority.
Neither have I, but I got this print as an investment piece. One that wouldn't mind keeping, but if I have a bad month freelancing and need some funds, I wouldn't mind letting go of.
:clap: :notworthy:
reddog76
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:54 pm

I buy them to huff the tube.

choke
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:06 pm

I bought this one because I need funds for the Gabz prints tomorrow, which I need to sell to buy the Mitchell Portraits Drop 2, which I need to sell to buy the Mitchell Portraits part 3, which I need to sell to buy the Englert Star Wars, which I need to sell to buy drugs.
partpat
Art Freak

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:07 pm

choke wrote:I bought this one because I need funds for the Gabz prints tomorrow, which I need to sell to buy the Mitchell Portraits Drop 2, which I need to sell to buy the Mitchell Portraits part 3, which I need to sell to buy the Englert Star Wars, which I need to sell to buy drugs.

Step one buy obey poster , step two........ , step three huff gold spray paint
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

choke wrote:I bought this one because I need funds for the Gabz prints tomorrow, which I need to sell to buy the Mitchell Portraits Drop 2, which I need to sell to buy the Mitchell Portraits part 3, which I need to sell to buy the Englert Star Wars, which I need to sell to buy drugs.
:notworthy: :rolling:
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
lyssag

possible that they made the wrong print "live" again?
dsanacore
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:11 pm

We'll be seeing some activity in here later on http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... lit=failip

If you ask Obey nicely before the 2nd drop maybe they'll still give you a refund :lol:
Image Image
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:12 pm

PotD
Kdh12
Art Freak

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:32 pm

Usually when someone's starts by saying I never sell prints they probably have sold 10 this week
mmmm Beer :pint:
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Winner.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:02 pm

This is also known as "the mondo circle of life"
mwl423
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:06 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:
:notworthy: :rolling:
POY=Post of the Year!!
nsd
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:06 pm

soam24 wrote:

I think you are wrong. All Mondo circles include the word Stout or Horkey somewhere (usually at the beginning or end of the cycle).
Can be an online release PB when I am not trying to get the piece if I am available. Just ask.
#1 ISO's: (Stout - Signed "Reservoir Dogs", Taylor - "Drive" & Mitchell - Signed "Driver" Portrait)
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:14 pm

nsd wrote:
soam24 wrote:

I think you are wrong. All Mondo circles include the word Stout or Horkey somewhere (usually at the beginning or end of the cycle).

No the mondo circle involves buying the latest release, only to immediately sell it for minimal profit (also known as the failip) since the $65 is too much to have tied up in one print when another release is coming.