Bob Marley 14 Fairey Morris Release Discussion 03/29/14

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
Lugubu
Art Enthusiast

Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:40 am

halftonegraphics wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:
kinqcuonq wrote:What time should one be lining up for this release?
now!!!! :wink:
i just dropped off my chair.
Just dropped off my 20 chairs.
Malcolm

Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:36 am

Not inclined to stoop so low or chime in often, but I'm seeking a PB to aid and assist in the acquisition of this beauty. Will compensate in any way, shape or form within reason and be indebted for life eternal. Thanks and praises in advance.
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:33 pm

shirleybug wrote:
ClaytonHopper wrote:
nrgball wrote:150 in person

The rest released online at another time. I'm not sure of the edition size but I believe its 400. Sheer speculation though
I emailed the gallery and got a reponse of "around $80" and when I asked about run size "first come, first served" was the response I got so maybe small run?
This just means the staff of Known Gallery will buy them all up before the release in person. :quesexclaim: Happened with the Hello Kitty print, we were on the VIP list, many were still available and even noticeable to the eye, and instead, the really rude heavy set angry woman behind the counter decided they were to be held only for the staff and others. People waited outside all day for hours in the hot sun which were falsely led into believing prints would be available. Then from what I noticed, the staff and that lady, sold them all on Ebay one at a time. Lame, cheap, I would not step into Known gallery again, they are really bad at this art game! :toilet: Wonder why Fairey would do another release with them, they were just so bad last time and I do not think they deserve another shot, so many other Galleries in So Cal that would do a much much better job. If you are planning on going, you will want to be in line all day long just for the shot of buying one instead of a staff member. Really do not like that gallery if you can't tell from this post. :roll: In terms of shadiness, they have taken the cake! By the way, I have been to most galleries in So Cal, so this statement comes with some pretty strong experiences. :cussing: :deadhorse: :milking: :crazy: :toilet:
Known Gallery sounds like a bunch of assholes. Not having the decency to tell those in line that there wouldn't be any prints available in person... if I had waited in line and found this out I woulda burned that gallery to the ground. Well, maybe that's a bit extreme, but if I had driven all the way into that fudge hole known as Fairfax only to be turned away and told "go to eBay" they would have been replacing a bunch of windows the next day.

As far a being surprised that Shepard/Obey is dealing with Known... he/Obey doesn't give a fudge, at the end of the day it's a paycheck for them and if the fans/collectors get screwed over by some heavy set C-word gallery owner oh well.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
Jumpstreet
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:13 pm

Looks like 150 released opening night but the edition size will be 450 so I'd assume they would make it online?
$80.00 at the gallery.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:16 pm

that is about the 5th version of price and run we have heard
mmmm Beer :pint:
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:17 pm

I heard that it was $42.0 at the gallery, but you had to be part of the club, and only 101 pieces avail.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
maden
Art Expert

Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:23 pm

shirleybug wrote:This just means the staff of Known Gallery will buy them all up before the release in person. :quesexclaim: Happened with the Hello Kitty print, we were on the VIP list, many were still available and even noticeable to the eye, and instead, the really rude heavy set angry woman behind the counter decided they were to be held only for the staff and others. People waited outside all day for hours in the hot sun which were falsely led into believing prints would be available. Then from what I noticed, the staff and that lady, sold them all on Ebay one at a time.
All day? Guy who got me one waited less than 2 hours and had no issues.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

Jumpstreet
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Kdh12 wrote:that is about the 5th version of price and run we have heard
I got the catalog email. Below is the PDF.
http://www.knowngallery.com//Catalogs/D ... ry2014.pdf
taylorph
Art Expert

Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:09 am

Jumpstreet wrote:
Kdh12 wrote:that is about the 5th version of price and run we have heard
I got the catalog email. Below is the PDF.
http://www.knowngallery.com//Catalogs/D ... ry2014.pdf
Thanks for this!

Some of the big photos are cool but they come with a hefty price tag.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert

Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:50 am

Malcolm wrote:Not inclined to stoop so low or chime in often, but I'm seeking a PB to aid and assist in the acquisition of this beauty. Will compensate in any way, shape or form within reason and be indebted for life eternal. Thanks and praises in advance.
I love how it says you're still a new user......from 2007.
skis007
Art Expert

Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:09 am

WhoLikesRingo wrote:
Malcolm wrote:Not inclined to stoop so low or chime in often, but I'm seeking a PB to aid and assist in the acquisition of this beauty. Will compensate in any way, shape or form within reason and be indebted for life eternal. Thanks and praises in advance.
I love how it says you're still a new user......from 2007.
Probably came over from Obey forums. He's not getting any help, that's for sure.
cubbiephan
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:35 am

if anyone is going to bring another person with them.......

i'm willing to pay for your print if i can also buy your extra.
Last edited by cubbiephan on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super_Dank_Nugz
Art Expert

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:18 am

I heard it cost about tree fiddy.

KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:59 pm

Looking through that show catalog is there really that much demand/interest for a $5k+ picture of Marley? I guess there must be hardcore fans/clueless Hollywood elite that will purchase at any price, just seems kinda steep IMHO. Definitely eliminates the stoner crowd. I'll wait for a Obey drop of the print if there is one at all... other than that, Known is smokin' the good fudge.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
soam24
Art Freak

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:17 pm

some of those photos are awesome and would be amazing to own.